Dogs in 7/11? Member of public says "ugh, no thanks"

webfact

Dogs in 7/11? Member of public says "ugh, no thanks"

p3.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- An online story of a dog allowed to sniff and lick the produce in a 7/11 store has caused a big drama on social media.

The report of the incident was posted on the "MDsurfer" page by a friend of the person involved and the story was shared 10,000 times, reports Sanook.

The incident happened at a 7/11 in South Sathorn late at night. The poster said that the woman with the large dog let it sniff and lick produce such as milk, yoghurt, eggs and sausages that were in a display fridge.

In addition the swishing tail of the mutt was all over merchandise on the floor being prepared for stacking "like a windscreen wiper at full speed".

The poster was full of revulsion and asked a shop assistant in earshot of the woman:

"This branch let's dogs in does it? I don't think it is right. Why don't you tell her?"

According to the poster the dog owner had no reaction at all to this and just carried on as though nothing was happening or that what she was doing was wrong.

The poster said online that this is very unhygienic and they would not buy things sold within a dog's range if they were allowed in shops like this. 

They said that some dog owners will kiss their dogs on the mouth - that is their business. As far as they were concerned dogs mouths are dirty and shouldn't be near food for human consumption.

And to make matters worse the owner's companion, a man, was waiting outside the store. Why didn't she leave the dog with him while she went shopping? It is just selfish.

The poster did not want to blame the staff in the shop but asked their bosses to give them authority to ensure that customers are told not to bring their pets in like this.

Sanook.com reported that when the story broke online the woman concerned contacted the store to apologise and said that she would not allow it to happen again.

While the store said that all the items that had been sniffed and licked were removed and destroyed. And the whole area was thoroughly cleaned.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-11

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

removed and destroyed, do they honestly expect people to believe that when they will sell out of date items so they dont lose any profits. Dogs should not be allowed inside any shop especially one that sells food, just goes to show the arrogance and lack of respect the dog owner has for everyone else. I actually walked out of one of our favourite restuarants last year and havent been back since after seeing people sitting at a table with their dog and it was licking the plates and they were all laughing about it. I have always had dogs but would never allow them to go into any shop let alone lick the produce, there are limits with animals and allowing them to lick anything/one after they have been licking their own ar*e is not a really good idea.

Edited by seajae

What an over reaction! The dog was just licking off the bacteria growing from the unrefrigerated eggs..all the other items have wrappers, just like skin acting as a barrier...

thank god no one saw the soi dogs in the back pissing on the unattended food crates waiting in the sun as the delivery man takes a leak. I wonder if he washed his hands before handling the food crates again?

get real guys...much worse things are happening to your food items that you don't see....

one should much more concern about proper cleaning and disinfectant procedures than whose licking a plate. Hot water is rarely used here in restaurants noodle shops and unfortunately at home. How many homes here have dishwashers or kitchen sink hot water? Those are the questions one should be asking....

Edited by cardinalblue

5 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

the soi dogs in the back pissing on the unattended food crates

The ones with rabies ????      the soi dog lovers will be along shortly  to point out that  dogs where here before us, are completely harmless never attack anyone and if we don't like it go home.

what about the Thai people who are already home maybe they will at long last do something about the  dog problem ?

They also buy food/bread which is presented totally open in the bakery or foodmarket. I've seen people sneezing over it, touching it and putting it back and what not. Also soidogs/cats are allowed to lick food on the markets or go into shops. They even might have rabies.

Let's keep in mind that the owner is Thai...a Thai man...entitled...selfish...blissfully arrogant...the problem isn't the dog...it is the owner...the dog is merely behaving as a dog would, that did not have proper training...

I''m a dog owner myself, and I walk everywhere with my pet...and I'm a bit unsettled at how Thais routinely fail to train their dogs...but I have learned not to expect much in the way of responsibility from Thais...they are usually easy going, but not responsible...

23 minutes ago, hdkane said:

Let's keep in mind that the owner is Thai...a Thai man...entitled...selfish...blissfully arrogant...the problem isn't the dog...it is the owner...the dog is merely behaving as a dog would, that did not have proper training..

Thai woman. Some people also need proper training to read articles ?

15 minutes ago, ammagic said:

Go to France people - dogs are allowed in most restaurants & even in some supermarkets. I personally wouldn't take my dog but ranting on about hygiene in Thailand is really a bit of an oxymoron

Germany even more so: but they are well controlled

15 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Germany even more so: but they are well controlled

Not allowed in supermarkets and food- shops of any kind!

Restaurants might be a bit more lax in their regulations.

There is no doubt that the pathogens inside the store are just as revolting as a soi dog inside the store.  Soi dog(s) lounging inside the store does bother me one whit.  They are part of the Thai culture and all of this hullabaloo about some hysteric's screaming is nothing but stupid drama benefiting only the hysteric.  It must be a slow news day on ThaiVisa.  Who really cares about this non-news item.

4 hours ago, johng said:

Why does the dog lick his boll**ks  ?     because he can.

A friend of mine once saw a dog licking his own balls and said "I wish I could do that".

So I said: "The owner's over there. Why don't you ask him?"

I wouldn't take my dog up to the shops by my house.  Too many soi dogs about that have claimed the territory as theirs.  Once they gang up, pack mentality kicks in, they can rip a dog to shreds. 

That's one thing (of several) that sucks about Thailand,  but was also a problem in other 3rd/Developing countries I've lived in.  In the ME, there were roaming packs of semi-wild/unsocilaized "soi" dogs and there were a number of incidences over the years of them attacking people on bikes and lone joggers passing by "their" area.  There was no formal/government animal control system, but every now and then, the local cops would go around in pick up trucks and shoot a whole bunch of them.

38 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

There was no formal/government animal control system, but every now and then, the local cops would go around in pick up trucks and shoot a whole bunch of them.

The irony is that in Bangkok the municipal authorities do provide animal control. You can bring any soi dog and have it check for rabbis and neutered for free.

No one bothers; in fact people seem to worship soi dogs nowadays and routinely bring them "alms". Random cooper who shot an out-of-control dog that attacked people, found himself dragged in front of a judge. :ohmy:

Edited by Morakot

5 hours ago, webfact said:

While the store said that all the items that had been sniffed and licked were removed and destroyed. And the whole area was thoroughly cleaned.

As I am at a loss for word for the above statement :sorry::sad::cheesy::mfr_closed1::cheesy::clap2:Do they have licker inspectors????

Edited by elgordo38

3 minutes ago, Morakot said:

The irony is that in Bangkok the municipal authorities do provide animal control. You can bring any soi dog and have it check for rabbis and neutered for free.

No one bothers; in fact people seem to worship soi dogs nowadays and routinely bring them "alms". Random cooper who shoot an out-of-control dog that attacked people, found himself dragged in front of a judge. :ohmy:

Ah, Ok, I don't live down there, didn't know that.

Yes, remember that article about cop shooting the dog. 

2 hours ago, ammagic said:

Go to France people - dogs are allowed in most restaurants & even in some supermarkets. I personally wouldn't take my dog but ranting on about hygiene in Thailand is really a bit of an oxymoron

I think it's more to do with the dog licking the products.

Dogs in 7/11 stores are just the tip of an extremely unsanitary iceberg.

Be aware of the dogs " smuggled " into the Tesco Lotus Food Halls, and the street food seller who has been carting her dog around all day sitting on the preparation table for her food.

If you question these people the inevitable response will be " my dog is a clean dog mister - so whats your problem ? "

My particular problem is that these so called clean dogs have been licking their balls all day on a food preparation table 

Gross

as it is the aisles are very now and with canine wondering around sniffing and licking the food items, it is an scenario of disgust. dogs should be banned from the shopping malls, in particular the small ones like 7 / 11 due to hygiene and  security reasons.