Dogs in 7/11? Member of public says "ugh, no thanks"

webfact

Perhaps this isn't the place to say it, but the reason why soi dogs are tolerated is because they never chose to born into that situation, and the Buddhist angle of doing what little one can to make their lives a little less stressful, comes through strongly in the Thais.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

I know that Thais take and leave their dogs at the Wats in Thailand when they do not want they. I did not know that they also took them to 7/11 stores for the cool breeze that comes out the doors.

I bet these dogs are all brothers and sisters. Someone (very near) got a nest of them and threw them on the street but kept feeding them daily because they are real Thai doglovers....

5 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Perhaps this isn't the place to say it, but the reason why soi dogs are tolerated is because they never chose to born into that situation, and the Buddhist angle of doing what little one can to make their lives a little less stressful, comes through strongly in the Thais.

I didn't choose to be born into this situation either so why not make my life a little less stressful by using basic hygienic practices

20 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

I know that Thais take and leave their dogs at the Wats in Thailand when they do not want they. I did not know that they also took them to 7/11 stores for the cool breeze that comes out the doors.

What dear little things: I so happy they find a cool breeze outside (someone else's) local 7/11.

Our juristic person would dive bomb them on her broomstick if they turned up at ours.

8 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

This the the correct place for 7/11 dogs!

1415611829193.jpg

So many 7/11s are like this, but it is the "pet" dogs that are a menace as people (women) treat them like babies, dress them up, carry them around or put them in baby buggies in supermarkets and other places dogs should not be allowed,  and the damn things yap all night in the apartment blocks or houses where they live.

:post-4641-1156693976:

We have to remember that they now use Golden Retriever's to sniff out bombs. Maybe that is all she was doing. That dog was not your typical street dog like the one's shown in the pictures. Oh no, this one was his own special breed. 

On a visit to Vienna, I was surprised to see a man bring his big dog on the subway train and then allow the dog to run ap and down the center aisle.  Also, a couple brought their well-behaved dog into the hotel restaurant.  He lay under their table and very nicely ate a plate of food that was brought to him.  I laughed at the sight.  Although it was clear they didn't appreciate my laughter, they didn't say anything.

They said that some dog owners will kiss their dogs on the mouth - that is their business. As far as they were concerned dogs mouths are dirty and shouldn't be near food for human consumption.

Just remember when a dog is not liking it's own arse it's liking some other mutts...

I have a yellow Labrador who I love dearly.  However, I would not take her into any store, particularly if they are selling fresh food. The 7/11 stores are also small and cramped which invites items being knocked off the shelves by everybody, not just dogs. You also have to bear in mind that pedigree dogs are valuable and likely to be stolen if you leave them outside a store which is often why they are taken inside.

It is also the responsibility of the owner to control their dog(s) at all times. I often have to inform (in both Thai and English) the few people who are scared of dogs that she is friendly and does not bite.

9 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

On a visit to Vienna, I was surprised to see a man bring his big dog on the subway train and then allow the dog to run ap and down the center aisle.  Also, a couple brought their well-behaved dog into the hotel restaurant.  He lay under their table and very nicely ate a plate of food that was brought to him.  I laughed at the sight.  Although it was clear they didn't appreciate my laughter, they didn't say anything.

Yes that's normal in Europe, well not normal but it's allowed if the dog behaves well. You can't compare european dogs with Thai dogs though, they are trained very well and do listen. Also they are clean and vaccinated and chipped.

I bet that if that dog would have touched your food you would get a new plate for free...if it had bitten you you would have gotten money plus big excuses....

Sometimes we leave our dogs outside the shop and tie them to a pole or so. There are no soidogs so it's safe to wait there. I like it to see dogs in trains/restaurants as long as they behave well (golden retrievers always do so).

Think the fears about it being unhygienic are a bit over the top... unless it actually pisses and s**ts in the shop.  But I agree its not appropriate or polite to take dogs into places like that.

Other people are far ore likely to give you a disease or sickness than a dog.  I went into a Topps Store here and walked past the self serve food counter to see a group of Chinese people dipping in the spoons / ladles and tasting / licking the food... then putting the spoons back into the food vats.  Another farang saw this going on for a while and then went to tell the staff.  The staff just stood about watching in shock... but none told the people to stop doing this.  I won't be buying the self service food there ever again. 

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Think the fears about it being unhygienic are a bit over the top... unless it actually pisses and s**ts in the shop.  But I agree its not appropriate or polite to take dogs into places like that.

Other people are far ore likely to give you a disease or sickness than a dog.  I went into a Topps Store here and walked past the self serve food counter to see a group of Chinese people dipping in the spoons / ladles and tasting / licking the food... then putting the spoons back into the food vats.  Another farang saw this going on for a while and then went to tell the staff.  The staff just stood about watching in shock... but none told the people to stop doing this.  I won't be buying the self service food there ever again. 

Once i bought meat in Tops and since there were long qeueu's i paid it at the bakerycounter. The packages were dripping liquid from the meat and were wet. The lady just picked it with bare hands, packed it and let me pay. After that she picked fresh breadrolls to pack for the next customer.

If you eat with a group of thai they also use their own spoons to get sauce or food from the shared plates...the food doesn't even come with a servingspoon....so go figure that.

18 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

A friend of mine once saw a dog licking his own balls and said "I wish I could do that".

So I said: "The owner's over there. Why don't you ask him?"

This licking of balls was first done by Jasper Carrot maybe 30 years ago on live tv.

On 11/10/2016 at 5:57 AM, lemonjelly said:

After which, the complaining busybody went and bought some dubious stuff on sticks produced in a back alley and deep fried in last month's palm oil in an aluminium wok. 

AND had been previously licked by numerous dogs.

It is unhygenic and the owner is ignorant.

Very difficult to stop a dog licking or even eating something it likes the smell of. There is also a higher risk the dog could snap at other customers in close proximity with the excitement of food smells around.

I often have to step over and around rather dirty dogs to get into 7-11s which is bad enough, as I fear for a snap at my ankle.

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I often have to step over and around rather dirty dogs to get into 7-11s which is bad enough, as I fear for a snap at my ankle.

Some soidogs hate farangs, i have a few around who go beserk when they see me and others join them.

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 2:30 PM, geronimo said:

Based on that theory there cant be any buddhists working in immigration then.....