Man, 23, arrested for Phuket drive-by shooting

webfact

Man, 23, arrested for Phuket drive-by shooting

Darawan Naknakhon

1476161142_1-org.jpg

Porwarut Thepabuth, 23, admitted that he shot Mr Chayan after he cursed him for nearly driving down the wrong side of the road. Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- A 23-year-old man was arrested yesterday (Oct 10) in connection with the drive-by shooting of a Nai Yang Beach food vendor last Thursday (Oct 6).

Sakoo police identified Porwarut Thepabuth as the suspect wanted in connection with the shooting of beach vendor Chayan Srinuan, 23, who was shot following an altercation last Thursday, and arrested him at his home in Moo 1 Sakoo. He was found to be in possession of a homemade gun.

Mr Chayan was shot once in his lower left torso in last Thursday’s incident and the bullet exited near his genitals police were told.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-23-arrested-for-phuket-drive-by-shooting-59432.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-11

Is this another didn't intend to fire, just waving the gun around and it went off, I didn't know how to fire it situation ?

Is the right to bear arms enshrined in Thai law as almost everyone seems to have one and it doesn't worry the authorities.

Edited by Caveat Emptor

Phuket is really different from the rest of Thailand. I lived in BKK for 8 years and travelled the country extensively, before moving to Phuket. In all those years I never came close to being physically threatened or attacked.

In my first 2 years in Phuket, this happened twice, and a few more times after that, with absolutely no provocation. After six years of working and living down there, I came to the conclusion that a significant portion of the local males are arrogant, lazy sociopaths with zero impulse control... So I moved!

Edited by fstarbkk
for clarity

14 minutes ago, fstarbkk said:

Phuket is really different from the rest of Thailand. I lived in BKK for 8 years and travelled the country extensively, before moving to Phuket. In all those years I never came close to being physically threatened or attacked.

In my first 2 years in Phuket, this happened twice, and a few more times after that, with absolutely no provocation. After six years of working and living down there, I came to the conclusion that a significant portion of the local males are arrogant, lazy sociopaths with zero impulse control... So I moved!

Couldn't agree more. It is a real twilight zone that not even a lot of Thais look at as a "Thai place" - Phuket is Phuket. The behaviour and aggressiveness that can be found there is pretty extreme when compared to a lot of the rest of Thailand (Pattaya being an obvious exception). I love the weather but couldn't stand the atmosphere. It'll be a vacation spot but couldn't ever go back to live on a long term basis.

There was a case years ago,in Patts, where a street vendor,using out of date cooking oil,gave a customer a nasty attack of the shits for a few days.The victim decided to exact his revenge on the vendor by filling a bag with rotten Tomatoes,soft,decaying oranges and vile smelling Durian.As he passed the vendors stand on Soi Bukaow,his wife opened the window of the car and threw all the rotten stuff directly into the face of the vendor,causing his clothes to be covered in the foul smelling excrement.

Unfortunately some one took his number and later that night he was arrested and taken to soi 9 police station where he was charged with carrying out a drive by fruiting.:cheesy:

And yes,for those who dont know,a tomatoe is a fruit and not a vegetable,as they are taught in schools here.:rolleyes: