Kl Visa - Easy

You must have gone on a good day and to the good window.

The visa office is a small room with very poor air conditioning, go on a monday if you want to have a sauna.

There are two girls working in the visa section, do not go to the good looking one if you can help it. She seems to have a problem with people applying for tourist visas. The other girl is helpful.

I'm interested to see what happens in january when they are suddenly confronted with hundreds of visa applicants.

The visa office is a small room with very poor air conditioning, go on a monday if you want to have a sauna.

There are two girls working in the visa section, do not go to the good looking one if you can help it. She seems to have a problem with people applying for tourist visas. The other girl is helpful.

I'm interested to see what happens in january when they are suddenly confronted with hundreds of visa applicants.

had a very bad experience with the good looking one when I applied for my non-o. first, they issue a non-b from my non-o application so I had to go back to the embassy the next day to get non-o. then when I got my non-o, I found out that it is only valid for 3 months while the application is for 1 year multiple entry as I paid 500 ringgit so I have to go back to the immigration again to ammend it for 1 year. So, 3 days for processing before finally getting the correct visa.

I think she wanted to see me everyday in the embassy... :o

Edited by thai_narak

had a very bad experience with the good looking one when I applied for my non-o. first, they issue a non-b from my non-o application so I had to go back to the embassy the next day to get non-o. then when I got my non-o, I found out that it is only valid for 3 months while the application is for 1 year multiple entry as I paid 500 ringgit so I have to go back to the immigration again to ammend it for 1 year. So, 3 days for processing before finally getting the correct visa.

I think she wanted to see me everyday in the embassy... :o

From experience, the embassy in KL is the best one! No questions asked when I applied for non-imm B. No hassles, just make sure your papers are fine and the requirements fulfilled. Besides, they won't accept your application if it's incomplete..saves you the hassle of paying and getting denied. The only problem will arise if your papers aren't complete, then they'll ask you to come back. Both ladies are nice, though the other one, if you plea and beg she'll reconsider. ..as for your case, I think she likes you..lol.. she definitely wants to see you again. It's true that the room is just a small one, and many applicants crowd it up. It can get really hot. Other than that, it's quite perfect. Single entry is 200 Ringgit (about 1,800-1,900 ThB) Multiple 500 ringgit

We are talking about Non Imm visas here, since you can't get a multiple tourist.

But even then, I think a single Non Imm is 100 ringit, (a double should be 200 ringit) and a Multiple Non Imm is 500 ringit.

A tourist visa, one entry, is 100 ringit. Two entries is 200 ringit.

//Lopburi

Edited by Lop

>>Single entry is 200 Ringgit

So prices have doubled since a year ago? Only cost me 100MR last time I applied and I haven't heard of any price increases since them

I was just in KL at the beginning of Nov and it was still 100 myr's for a single entry.

Ok I'm all confused here. How come it's 100 ringgit? I've applied there for SINGLE ENTRY NON-IMMIGRANT -B Visa twice already. The first one in June 2006 (then I had to apply again cause I wasn't able to get a work permit within the period) and most recently, last November 20, 2006. On both occassions, I've paid 200 RINGGIT. Is it possible that I've been overcharged? But I'm pretty sure I've read the postings on the bulletin that it's 200 Ringgit! for non-immigrant B.

Edited by webster13b

To Webster 13b...

1) When you got your B visa in Malaysia last November 20 (and you already had a work permit), did they give you 90 days or 1 year?

2) What documents did you show aside from your work permit? Did you include Por Ngdor 01?

3) Did you go to KL or Penang?

I'll be getting my Work Permit this December 2nd week... just before my 90 day Type B expires. I wana know where I can go to get a ONE YEAR multiple in a nearby country with a work permit, but no Por Ngdor 01 yet (tax payment form), because my work permit will still be new.

Anyone can answer the last question.

Thanks!

Can anybody tell me what paperwork you need to get a non-b in KL (or Penang).

In Europe I only needed the invitation letter from the company. Is that enough here?

Thanks

i doubt it :o

work permit or proof of being able to obtain one ( b=business )

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from KL.

It was quite a long day, to be honest, queueing from 09.30 until 13.00.

I was applying for multiple entry non imm b, as i have a WP and all paperwork was in order, but was told by officer ( not the good looking one) that they have now stopped giving multiple entries in Kuala Lumpur. So got single entry. Price is 200 RM.

Some advice when you go to KL embassy:

They open at 09.30. Be there in a queue latest at 09.00. ( they do not take anyone in after 10, maximum is 120 applicants a day)

They take the queue in in parts, 1st you queue at the gate for registering your passport and get the application form.

Then go in to consular section and take the queue number. After fill up the form and check your documnets once again.

If you need copies, f..ex your passport or WP - opposite is hotel villa who provide this service at 1 RM / Page.

They process your papers very efficiently and are fast, if your papers are in order, on the day i was there was many people whose papers were not in order and the queue took a long time, as i said i waited until 13.00 before my applications was completed, and after me was still more than 30 applicants.

You will get a receipt with your queue number and with that paper you get your visa next working day at 11.30, it is enough to be there at 11.15. they close the section of giving out the visas exactly at 12.30, so dont be late and have your receipt with you.

Done that, next time will be easier, unfortunately once more to go there, as they don't issue multiples (07.12)

Just got back from KL.

It was quite a long day, to be honest, queueing from 09.30 until 13.00.

I was applying for multiple entry non imm b, as i have a WP and all paperwork was in order, but was told by officer ( not the good looking one) that they have now stopped giving multiple entries in Kuala Lumpur. So got single entry. Price is 200 RM.

Some advice when you go to KL embassy:

They open at 09.30. Be there in a queue latest at 09.00. ( they do not take anyone in after 10, maximum is 120 applicants a day)

They take the queue in in parts, 1st you queue at the gate for registering your passport and get the application form.

Then go in to consular section and take the queue number. After fill up the form and check your documnets once again.

If you need copies, f..ex your passport or WP - opposite is hotel villa who provide this service at 1 RM / Page.

They process your papers very efficiently and are fast, if your papers are in order, on the day i was there was many people whose papers were not in order and the queue took a long time, as i said i waited until 13.00 before my applications was completed, and after me was still more than 30 applicants.

You will get a receipt with your queue number and with that paper you get your visa next working day at 11.30, it is enough to be there at 11.15. they close the section of giving out the visas exactly at 12.30, so dont be late and have your receipt with you.

Done that, next time will be easier, unfortunately once more to go there, as they don't issue multiples (07.12)

what day of the week did you go?

Just got back from KL.

.../...

Well I think this is very important information. If anybody can confirm that this is not a single isolated case, that is important.

Thanks

Just got back from KL.

.../...

Well I think this is very important information. If anybody can confirm that this is not a single isolated case, that is important.

Thanks

Was there on Thursday, my colleagues were there wednesday and they had the same time frame and same info: no multiple entries anymore, at least if you are applying for 1st or second time. My colleagues from another company ( using another lawyer too ) were told they maybe get the multiple on their 3rd time applying in Kul. I have no idea what is behind all this. So Multiple was refused on wed 6th and thu 7th for different parties.

Was there on Thursday, my colleagues were there wednesday and they had the same time frame and same info: no multiple entries anymore, at least if you are applying for 1st or second time. My colleagues from another company ( using another lawyer too ) were told they maybe get the multiple on their 3rd time applying in Kul. I have no idea what is behind all this. So Multiple was refused on wed 6th and thu 7th for different parties.

Interesting, I will try to give them a call, as I am doing this 1 year visa for 6 years now ... We need more info, but I open a new thread to follow this :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96442

Thanks,

Philippe

• 2 months later...
Ok I'm all confused here. How come it's 100 ringgit? I've applied there for SINGLE ENTRY NON-IMMIGRANT -B Visa twice already. The first one in June 2006 (then I had to apply again cause I wasn't able to get a work permit within the period) and most recently, last November 20, 2006. On both occassions, I've paid 200 RINGGIT. Is it possible that I've been overcharged? But I'm pretty sure I've read the postings on the bulletin that it's 200 Ringgit! for non-immigrant B.

It is 200 RM for a single Non Imm. Sorry.

(100 RM is for a single Tourist.)

http://www.thaivisa.com/296.0.html

//Lopburi

Edited by Lop

• 2 weeks later...

Good News,

Was in KL last week and got Mulptiple Non B without any hassle, but let me remind this was my second application, 1st time was granted single entry and now on second time multiple entry. So multiple entries are on again. (with exactly same bunch of papers, renewed of course, than 1st time)

Multiple price is 500 MYR.

Helpfull hints: be there in time, 09.00 - 09.10 to avoid too long queues to get registered and get your application form, Consular section opens at 09.30, be in queue to get your queue number to get a good position in line (you may even fill up application form after you received your queue-number), have all documents ready, far too many tourist visa applicants did not have copies of their passports or pictures with them, so all those has to be prepared before you go in to consulate to avoid unnecessary delays for others and yourself. My processing time was exactly 55 minutes from arrival to consulate to receive my receipt for visa / passport pick - up next day. (in 09.10, out 10.05)

Recommended hotel at area: Crown Princess, got a very good price from www.latestays.com (total: 290 MYR / 2 nghts / dlx room / 2 pax / incl ABF ) and very conveniently located within 7 minutes walk from consulate.

If you travel by airasia and arrive to LCCT, there are multiple choices to get in and out, my experience this time was with www.starwira.com which worked very well and efficiently with coach to KL and vans from KL to hotel. Easy and convenient.

Enjoy KL!

Good News,

Was in KL last week and got Mulptiple Non B without any hassle, but let me remind this was my second application, 1st time was granted single entry and now on second time multiple entry. So multiple entries are on again. (with exactly same bunch of papers, renewed of course, than 1st time)

That's sound good. I should try to be there next week. I have 6 times multiple B in Penang and France, and just went to Laos last time for a Single B. I dont know if they will think that this is my first time asking for a multiple B (true in KL, not true outside KL). Fully registered Limited Patnership/ Work permit and all taxes paid... Will tell you more next week.

Philippe

Good News,

That's sound good. I should try to be there next week. I have 6 times multiple B in Penang and France, and just went to Laos last time for a Single B. I dont know if they will think that this is my first time asking for a multiple B (true in KL, not true outside KL). Fully registered Limited Patnership/ Work permit and all taxes paid... Will tell you more next week.

Philippe

Hanoi on the other hand has gotten very strict. They want to see an annual audit with income, 3 months PND #1, Vat filings, all the company documents and the work permit to issue a multi entry visa. By the way, most people will need a visa to go to Viet Nam

KL will issue one year multi entry visas but it’s a case by case situation. You at the minimum will need a work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com