Buying a Laptop via Amazon - TAX??

moskito

Hi Guys, '

since I can not find a laptop here which suits my gaming needs for a normal price I am thinking about buying and importing a laptop via AMAZON.

I checked since some weeks and learned that Laptops with the specifications i want are much more expensive in Thailand or just not available (SSD for example)

I bought an ACER in Banana IT 6 years ago...it was dead a year and 3 days after... so NO WARRANTY ..... i tried to repair at Acer but forget it...finally i threw it on the bottom to finish this story.

I bought an ASUS in Berlin, 5 years ago and it is still running like hell....except the Grafic Card having some issues, so I need a new one soon.... The game I play is more compact now anyways and needs a better Grafic Card... 

So long story short question, 
DOES anyone know how much the import tax is for an Laptop around 800.-EUROS`?   

If anyone here telly me I can buy it for the same price here, make me happy and just let me know where

Lenovo Y700 15,6 Zoll Full HD Notebook
Intel Skylake Core i5-6300HQ Quad-Core Prozessor,
8GB RAM, 256GB SSD,
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 4GB, 

thats what i need at least

THANKS for your answers in advance 
moskito

There is no import duty for bringing a laptop computer into Thailand: the only liability is for the 7% VAT.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/popular-import-items/import-duty-and-taxes-for-laptop-computer/

When ordering from Amazon, they often want a "deposit for import taxes" in addition to the shipping charges. If they charge more than 7%, write or call Customer Service, and the excess is immediately refunded in my experience.

Edited by WaywardWind
Added info

Thank you very much for your information.  I can only hope the customs officers know it also and follow these orders. 
Usually they do a little bit what they want here.....at least in Phuket

Has anyone experiences with buying a Laptop via AMAZON ?  
To be honest I am scared a little bit about the transport, or damages when I see how they handle parcels here :D 

On 11.10.2016 at 11:58 PM, Sandman77 said:

If o not remember wrong since a couple of years for in and export of lithium ion batteries to Thailand a special declaration is needed and a sticker on parcel itself it not have your notebook never arrived in Thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I dont understand a word... if this is a joke i dont get it. 

but SORRY for my bad English, may be you explain in German what you are talking about... 

On 10/12/2016 at 8:15 AM, moskito said:

Has anyone experiences with buying a Laptop via AMAZON ?  

I've done it several times, but not since 2011. Back then (still same now?) Amazon didn't ship to Thailand so I used and interim shipping agent and I got the product laptop within 5 days of buying from Amazon. As said before only need to pay 7% Thai vat on declared cost inc shipping with import agent (I used Fedex). Afaik lithium batteries that come with laptops as a necessity don't need any extra special paperwork?