Iran hanging: Fears for child bride Zeinab Sekaanvand

webfact

Iran hanging: Fears for child bride Zeinab Sekaanvand

LONDON: -- Human rights activists say a 22-year-old woman whose execution was delayed while she was pregnant could be hanged within days in Iran.

Zeinab Sekaanvand was convicted of killing her husband, whom she says beat her for months.

Her execution was postponed after she remarried in prison and conceived a child.Last month she gave birth to a stillborn baby, putting her at risk of death by hanging as soon as 13 October.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37617333

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-10-12

5 hours ago, Pimay1 said:

Convince me Islam is not inhuman and barbaric.

I think that you miss the point - the people who will hang this woman will be not just Moslems and not only Iranians but people run and controlled by the Republican Guard, a very powerful and frankly inhuman force that still continues in Iranian society.

Jordan is an Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing. Turkey is a majority Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing. Morocco is an Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing. Tunisia is an Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing. Indonesia is a majority Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing.

Convinced yet?

10 minutes ago, humqdpf said:

I think that you miss the point - the people who will hang this woman will be not just Moslems and not only Iranians but people run and controlled by the Republican Guard, a very powerful and frankly inhuman force that still continues in Iranian society.

Jordan is an Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing. Turkey is a majority Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing. Morocco is an Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing. Tunisia is an Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing. Indonesia is a majority Islamic country that does not do this kind of thing.

Convinced yet?

Saudi Arabia chops peoples heads off (I have seen it). Afghanistan stones women and men (although differently). Most of the UAE hang and execute people. Do you see the pattern?

16 minutes ago, humqdpf said:

Convinced yet?

I wouldn't bother replying to such stupid posts. The poster, probably doesn't even know where countries you mentiondrd are.

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Saudi Arabia chops peoples heads off (I have seen it). Afghanistan stones women and men (although differently). Most of the UAE hang and execute people. Do you see the pattern?

These are very small countries with a small populations. You probably don't even realise that the country with the largest Islam population is Indonesia with 300 million,  they  do not have sharia law. They have a secular government and probably one of the nicest and decent people in the world.

13 minutes ago, gamini said:

These are very small countries with a small populations. You probably don't even realise that the country with the largest Islam population is Indonesia with 300 million,  they  do not have sharia law. They have a secular government and probably one of the nicest and decent people in the world.

I do know but never mentioned sharia law in my post. No comment on Saudi Arabia?

32 minutes ago, humqdpf said:

Convinced yet?

No, he got the point.

And all the countries which you mentioned, still let 30-40 yr old men,  marry 12 year old kids.

All the countries which you mentioned, let a man who rapes a girl, marry the girl, to escape jail.

All of the countries you mentioned, let men beat their wives and girl friends.

All of the countries you mentioned, do not use Republican Guard to do these things. They use the laws of the country.

Convinced yet ?

37 minutes ago, humqdpf said:

Convinced yet?

Indonesia. Never heard of the bali bombings?Whats worse, one hanging or 180 blown to pieces. Get your head out of the sand.

11 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The USA executes people for murder. They do not have Sharia Law ( not sure about Texas).

They do grouse but don't drag people off in the local square on a Friday and chop heads off with a big sword, usually taking more than one swipe. Also they don't get big dumper trucks with big boulder stones and drop them on women.

I am not in agreement of capital punishment in anyway or from any country but commenting on the countries mentioned here are predominantly from a certain religion, although not exclusively.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes, the biggest executioner in the world is China. USA also executes people too, as does Vietnam and other countries. The last time I looked, none of them were Islamic countries.

Malaysia was once for me the most open-minded Muslim country but this one is now Indonesia.

Indonesia and Thailand have many things in common from a cultural point of view which dates back to centuries of the Javanese and Thai tradition.

Indonesians are very open minded as long they have their salary they stick to their families. 

I do believe Indonesia has a lot of fanatics and nationalists but the Pancasila is part of their constitution and no General in Indonesia could ever try to manipulate the constitution as the Generals have done in Thailand for such a long time. Their have been coups in Indonesia too but they never went against their constitution and until Yodoyono he at least promised peace with the Acehnese when he took power by election and the peace still is in force.

Looking at Thailand and the Army they have not been able to come up with a real peace plan in the Deep South and don't give really a hook if their personals get blown off but are more obsessed with curtaining the Red's which are the only treat to the establishment in Bangkok on loosing once again the power.

As for the Iranian woman, I pity her but the pervert Western Media can jump on that sad case that might end up with her execution. My guess she will not be executed and possible blood money can be paid.

Oh yes, I have visited Indonesia many time and never had a problem with anyone in that country, but the same can be said I never had a real problem in Thailand except with some farangs.

Indonesia dari Thailand Boleh lah

3 hours ago, gamini said:

Hang on a sec, Indonesia does have sharia law in northern Sumatra, Aceh Province. A very backward bunch they are too :(

8 hours ago, humqdpf said:

Yes, the biggest executioner in the world is China. USA also executes people too, as does Vietnam and other countries. The last time I looked, none of them were Islamic countries.

Youve put your foot in it humqdf, Quit before you make yourself look even dumber.

7 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Hang on a sec, Indonesia does have sharia law in northern Sumatra, Aceh Province. A very backward bunch they are too :(

Dont spoil  a good story with fact. Bali!!!  And dont mention what happened in Indo in 65 and 66.

Edited by sandgroper2
added more

Convinced yet?

It's considered a National Sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

This woman would have been dead the first time she argued with her husband in Saudi Arabia yet the west never seems to speak of it much. Maybe because they buy hundreds of billions in arms from the west or oil, its a mystery to me. Why do the US presidents always huge and or kiss the King of Saudi? Makes want to throw up.

On 12 October 2016 at 11:03 AM, bark said:

No, he got the point.

And all the countries which you mentioned, still let 30-40 yr old men,  marry 12 year old kids.

All the countries which you mentioned, let a man who rapes a girl, marry the girl, to escape jail.

All of the countries you mentioned, let men beat their wives and girl friends.

All of the countries you mentioned, do not use Republican Guard to do these things. They use the laws of the country.

Convinced yet ?

I cannot confirm on each instance you mention but I very much doubt that all the countries mentioned allow rape, domestic violence and underage marriage. 

In any case, there is nothing in the religion of Islam that permits underage marriage, domestic violence and excuses rape.

1 hour ago, humqdpf said:

I cannot confirm on each instance you mention but I very much doubt that all the countries mentioned allow rape, domestic violence and underage marriage. 

In any case, there is nothing in the religion of Islam that permits underage marriage, domestic violence and excuses rape.

Does the Islam religion say it is OK to burn people alive, cut off heads, put people in cages and through them in water etc.......

3 minutes ago, bark said:

Does the Islam religion say it is OK to burn people alive, cut off heads, put people in cages and through them in water etc.......

That's a complex question. What happens in Islamic nations is a mixture of both local national culture and religious dogma. Religious dogmas can evolve with modern times and often does. It's not only Islam. Look at how Catholicism is expressed differently in the Philippines vs. the USA. Culture matters.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

That's a complex question. What happens in Islamic nations is a mixture of both local national culture and religious dogma. Religious dogmas can evolve with modern times and often does. It's not only Islam. Look at how Catholicism is expressed differently in the Philippines vs. the USA. Culture matters.

Maybe when they were fighting religious wars, France and Britain, but that was 100's of years ago. 

As a human race we should be better then this.

Remember the old saying " Never talk about Politics or Religion ".

Maybe as a World we all would be better off without both.

I just don't understand why people are aloud to do what they do, in the name of religion.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, it is historical fact that their prophet married an underage girl. It doesn't follow that modern Islam approves of pedophilia (or doesn't). 

Yes, it is historical fact that their prophet married an underage girl. It doesn't follow that modern Islam approves of pedophilia (or doesn't). 

Dont play with words in defending muslims. They can marry a little girl, they dont call it pedophilla.