Credit where it's due :-)

Just got my SETV from the Thai London Consulate.

The staff were very friendly and the new wating area in the basement is very nice.

There are even toilets which are clean and modern, which is a very welcome addition :-) ( This time no need to visit the Natural History Museum for a leak )

This year it has been the best and easiest trip to this Thai consulate.  I wanted to leave some feedabck about the awesome service, but I do not think there are any slips there for this.

Excellent service, but a shame that we can no longer get METV without jumping through many hoops and having a job :-)

Ooooops sorry, yes a 3 entry tourist visa ;-) I just hope I can get another SETV when in runs out in Savanakhet, maybe :-)????

PS has anyone ever applied for a Myanmar/Burmese visa in London? The Myanmar webiste asks for only address in Myanmar, but I have read elsewhere that they require much more paperwork than this :-(  I am tempted to get a Myanmar visa in London, for 28 days if it is easy :-)

Cheers.

19 hours ago, Fithman said:

You never could get an METV only a visa which allowed 2,or 3 entries. Those visas are no longer available.

Really? What is the correct name for the tourist visa that allow multi entry for 6 months?

2 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Really? What is the correct name for the tourist visa that allow multi entry for 6 months?

What is your query exactly ? 

The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV) which is valid for six months was introduced circa November 13 2015. Prior to this date only single, double and triple entry visas (2 and 3 entry visas now withdrawn) were available. 

Does that answer your "question" ? 

Pity the staff in the Visa Section at the Thai Embassy (not Consulate) in London weren't as efficient in answering the phone! I have phone nearly every day for the past 3 weeks and been kept on hold either on the Visa Section extension (5500) or the operator (0) until the line went dead or just unable to get through at all to confirm the information from the Thai Consulate in Hull that following the previous restriction on Consulates issuing to only Single Entry Non Imm O visas for UK retirees with State Pension and not Multi Entry is also the case at the London Embassy. I don't want to send our passports for Multiple Entry visas by post when I already have an appointment in Liverpool for Single Entry ones. :post-4641-1156693976:

2 hours ago, Arandora said:

Pity the staff in the Visa Section at the Thai Embassy (not Consulate) in London weren't as efficient in answering the phone! I have phone nearly every day for the past 3 weeks and been kept on hold either on the Visa Section extension (5500) or the operator (0) until the line went dead or just unable to get through at all to confirm the information from the Thai Consulate in Hull that following the previous restriction on Consulates issuing to only Single Entry Non Imm O visas for UK retirees with State Pension and not Multi Entry is also the case at the London Embassy. I don't want to send our passports for Multiple Entry visas by post when I already have an appointment in Liverpool for Single Entry ones. :post-4641-1156693976:

Only went there once, last May for a SETV. Could not believe how rude one of the staff was to people applying for visas.

Alright, it must get on your nerves if people don't read what is required and don't have the correct documents, but I saw one gentleman just asking for help, and she was downright rude to him, and several others.

I'm surprised someone didn't tell her where to stick the documents. Hope I don't have to go there again for a while.

On 10/12/2016 at 0:16 PM, mickeymiles said:

Ooooops sorry, yes a 3 entry tourist visa ;-) I just hope I can get another SETV when in runs out in Savanakhet, maybe :-)????

PS has anyone ever applied for a Myanmar/Burmese visa in London? The Myanmar webiste asks for only address in Myanmar, but I have read elsewhere that they require much more paperwork than this :-(  I am tempted to get a Myanmar visa in London, for 28 days if it is easy :-)

Cheers.

I believe you can extend each two month period for an additional 30 days at immigration at a cost of 1,900 baht a time. However, you do need to depart and then re-enter the country at the end of each period. It effectively extends your 180 days (3x60 days) to 270  days.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Got my Myanmar Burmese visa from the London consualte. Only 14 pounds for the 28 day visa. So easy and excellent service. If you live near London much cheaper to do it this way. They were so polite and even took the time to put the visa in the first best spot in my passport :-) Excellent service :-)