Saving Work Permit in case of court case for 1.4g marijuana

Few days ago I was charged for possession of 1.4g of marijuana. I spent a day in the court's cell and have paid a bail. 
Next, I have to visit a court for 4 times with the yellow paper they gave me.
After that there will be a court process. In result of the process I will need to pay a fine (5-20k or slightly more, as a police officer told me).
The worst part of that process is that my Work Permit will be cancelled and I will be deported to the home country.
I would like to ask the community whether they had experience in dealing with such an issue in a way not to lose the work permit and not be deported? Is there any chance?

At this point, the lawyer you can afford will determine the "justice" you will receive.  It's the same pretty much everywhere in the world, on that front.  The only difference from one country to the next, is the legal-costs involved.

What I have told old friends who smoke, when they ask me about coming to Thailand:

You would do much better to try Cambodia (in the region), or one of the areas of the world where it is legal or tolerated.  Thailand is not the place to buy / possess / use / or even risk "testing positive for past use" of any illegal substance, period.

• Like 2

A good lawyer is the first thing I've been thinking. But as I understand the process (as I was explained), the Immigration Office will make a decision to deportation, after a court process will be finished. So in this case I want to understand what steps will be important and really helpful.

I live in Thailand for 10 years, and this is the first case when I been charged by police (except few fines for overdue insurance พ.ร.บ.). I also support few my Thai children. 
My company is the only source of money for the family. Not a big money, but in other hand is there is no job in my home country. In case I will need to close my business and move abroad this will change lifes of several people.
Could that be helpful to commutation of the sentence?

I have a very expensive offer to solve this issue, but in fact I haven't such amount of money, and I don't trust to that people. So I just want to know if there any other legal solution or any similar cases, which ended without loosing work permit and deportation.

johnny Cage, thank you for the wish! 
I'm sure that someone told the police about a company of people who were smoking. Unfortunately the package was in my pocket when police arrived. People who been there with me helped me.

1 hour ago, Yego said:

A good lawyer is the first thing I've been thinking. But as I understand the process (as I was explained), the Immigration Office will make a decision to deportation, after a court process will be finished. So in this case I want to understand what steps will be important and really helpful.

I live in Thailand for 10 years, and this is the first case when I been charged by police (except few fines for overdue insurance พ.ร.บ.). I also support few my Thai children. 
My company is the only source of money for the family. Not a big money, but in other hand is there is no job in my home country. In case I will need to close my business and move abroad this will change lifes of several people.

I have a very expensive offer to solve this issue, but in fact I haven't such amount of money, and I don't trust to that people. So I just want to know if there any other legal solution or any similar cases, which ended without loosing work permit and deportation.

I'm sure that someone told the police about a company of people who were smoking. Unfortunately the package was in my pocket when police arrived. People who been there with me helped me.

if it's your first offense, you might have a chance for leniency at the court. a good lawyer is key here.

Thais get a fine and a suspended sentence in similar cases. try to plead for a fine and suspended sentence + apology and promise you won't do it anymore...

very expensive offer - i expect that to be around 1 to 2 million. as a rule, these "offers" get more and more expensive as the case journeys through the system. The cheapest is to step in before anything gets written into the books of the police station, once it's in the computer it gets more expensive and once it gets into the courts system the price is very high.

best is to get a very good lawyer - but that's not cheap either.

2 hours ago, Yego said:

A good lawyer is the first thing I've been thinking. 

Don't think, but do. Retain a reputable experienced lawyer. It is difficult with  criminal cases, but this is not heavy crime even if  drug laws are harsh in Thailand.

Your circumstances are crucial. This must be made known. The courts do take into the circumstances you describe. The welfare of children is  considered. This is the  job of your lawyer. Please do not delay.

In the meantime work on the basis you are deported. Be prepared.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chopperboy said:

Over the years I have heard of people who have made a contribution and thus never been registered on the system to be deported. 

You may have "heard"  many things. 

Do you have any direct first hand, personal knowledge of "contributors" escaping deportation? 

2 minutes ago, Yego said:

As my Thai friends told me the cost of a lawyer starts from 200K THB. That's a lot.

If you cannot afford a lawyer the court will appoint one to defend you.

The price of violating laws does become expensive.

• Like 1

A post containing a link to Phuketwan has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Were all people urine tested?

3 hours ago, Yego said:

As my Thai friends told me the cost of a lawyer starts from 200K THB. That's a lot.

actually, it's not.

in the west, you would just get about 10 hours of work from a top lawyer for that money

In my experience if it's gotten to court you are too late.

You should have thrown some money at it before it got anywhere near a police station.

Generally speaking you would have needed to either speak Thai or have a Thai there on your behalf.

If they were looking for a poster boy/ visible scapegoat, not even that would work.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, manarak said:

if it's your first offense, you might have a chance for leniency at the court. a good lawyer is key here.

Thais get a fine and a suspended sentence in similar cases. try to plead for a fine and suspended sentence + apology and promise you won't do it anymore...

very expensive offer - i expect that to be around 1 to 2 million. as a rule, these "offers" get more and more expensive as the case journeys through the system. The cheapest is to step in before anything gets written into the books of the police station, once it's in the computer it gets more expensive and once it gets into the courts system the price is very high.

best is to get a very good lawyer - but that's not cheap either.

1.2 million, I find that laughable.

As I have mentioned the trick is to end it early. 

If it ends up in court, it may be too late.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, manarak said:

he cheapest is to step in before anything gets written into the books of the police station, once it's in the computer it gets more expensive and once it gets into the courts system the price is very high.

Once it gets into the courts system, it is too late.

Buying out of it is not an option.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two updates. 

1. My Thai friend told me that he knows at least one farang who was judged by a court for marijuana 1 year ago. He wasn't deported.

2. Another my friend has a friend in ToMo, he asked about my case, and they said that 1.4g isn't so big for deportation. So I shouldn't worry about that.

Unfortunately I can't find any proofs of this.

Have you been told that you will be deported and if so who by?

A few years ago a friend of mine was convicted of theft, a long story, the property was actually his

Anyway he received a 2 year suspended prison sentence, he paid no "tea money" He was not deported, I understand that your case is maybe a little more serious as it is drugs however it would seem that receiving a suspended sentence does not automatically mean you will get deported so if you are only going to get a fine maybe there is hope

Are you sure that whoever is telling you you will get deported is not doing so to make it appear more serious therefore the "asking price" goes up?

A little stupid doing what you did but we all make mistakes so good luck