Bangkok Hospital C/Mai,what a Bo Derek

evenstevens

yesterday , paid a visit to B/kok hospital,to see Dr Somboon Chaisrisawadisuka to remove a  basal cell carcinoma (bcc) skin cancer from my right ear,following

a price of 50 to 100 thousand baht   scrawled on a peice of paper from the new skin clinic at Ram, by a  plastic/cosmetic Dr who will remain nameless

after  my consulation with Dr Somboon,who went to great lengths to explain the nuts and bolts of this small op, and a target price of around 50 to 55 thousand  baht range was given and to be confirmed in writing, a contract so to speak

this was given to me very shortly after my consulation with Dr Somboon,by a head nurse who clearly went through the nuts and bolts of this contract,which was 52 to 59 thousand baht range and a break down on all charges

i immediately signed the contract,and have a appointment on 9/11, to have this this B.B.C. removed,and felt a sigh of relief that the prices given,were  very reasonable for the surgery to be carried out.,etc etc

where last week  at Ram skin clinic,  E/S  could ,nt leave the barrier with  lack  of info and a rather large  price range dangling  on my reins,from that  Dr from ???

also was  very pleasantly  surprised at , the Bo Derek  service(10 out 10) given in all areas ,during my visit,in which i registered for any more services which i may use in the future

see how we go, on 9/11, and ample parking was available y/day another plus, BTW all this was done inside a hr,and  then straight for a Beer Lao Dark or two ,or was it three???perhaps four,anyway

its a Annie Lennox late morning to all

• Like 2

orang37....always look forward to your posts, verging on the esoteric as they may be.

but as far as the op goes.......perhaps you ought to consider pot kettle black in the universal plain English effective communication stakes.

As a side the costs still to me see large...I have had a few basal skin carcinomas cut off (ears)....and was done by the GP in OZ.  Perhaps a more standard practice in Oz or op's condition was of higher severity.

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 2

no cobbers, E/S  is a Hoges  fan, through and through, Paul Hogan for clarification, if in doubt give him a google

its   a raw prawn on the barbie high noon to all ,and POP

a Beer Lao Dark  IS opened ,first of this lovely day, ahhhh!!!nectar of the gods,never tasted so good

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

most certainly, Ram were  overcharging for their services,plus the Dr of  plastic,surgery at the new skin clinic,was a complete dummy to E/S

do hope this meets to your approval

and sweet dreams to you

Crystal clear, many thanks, unlike the price differential ??

Edited by stament
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, evenstevens said:

most certainly, Ram were  overcharging for their services,plus the Dr of  plastic,surgery at the new skin clinic,was a complete dummy to E/S

do hope this meets to your approval

and sweet dreams to you

Just last week my Thai son and wife took their baby daughter to Rxx baby clinic - quite expensive but also quite long wait. Son tried to talk to the doctor but was ignored, doctor just fired several questions with expectation of yes / no. Out in 5 minutes. They decided to try another hospital if needed. 

Dr Opart who I mentioned before is a plastic surgeon who ,as far as i know ,only works at his own clinic as well as lecturing at CM Uni. As I am a regular visitor to RAM Dematology for skin cancer treatment (every 10 weeks) it always at the back of my mind that he will be number 1 on my list should I need further surgery. The greater majority of treatment I receive at RAM is 'freezing" of BCC's and I am more than happy with the attention ,professionalism and cost.

For any fellow skin cancer sufferers the 10 week vistation catches most problems early in the piece before the need for surgery but if the affected area looks a bit dodgy a biopsy will be suggested.I recently received laser treatment for a dubious spot very close to my eye it did not return that would have needed plastic surgery as does all facial work 

There may well be other surgeons around town  for example at the relatively new Geriatric  Hospital on Hang Dong Rd  are receing more and more qualified medical people who may only vist there once or twice a week.

Dr Opart was originally recommended to me by a dermatologist far removed from RAM 

9 hours ago, uptheos said:

Somboon will operate at Rajavej too, where the charges for using the facilities are likely to be much less.

Didn't he work at Ram in the past?  If not it was a Somboon with a somewhat similar last name.

I think you're saying you got a better price at bkk hospital over rama hospital. I had the exact opposite experience between the two when I did my comparison shopping for my basal cell. btw, I instead went to Ramathibodi hospital in bkk and got it done for under 15K baht.

• Like 2

many thks for all reply,s,, and P.M. s  greatly appreciated

over the weekend, made further enquiry,s and have decided that Dr Samboon   is my  Jockey for  the  BCC   Stakes, and   Bangkok  Hospital is the course

my decision is based  upon   ,that Dr Samboon, is arguable the best in C/Mai,(holds a plastic surgeon.s ticket),and has sucessfully removed melonama from my right shoulder some years back at Ram,

and Bangkok Hospital  Services  during my first consulation ,impressed E/S  very mutch, and from my w/ends  research confirmed by several, their facilities are top notch!!!

E/S received  quotes, mutch lower, but I.M.O one cannot  put a price tag on health issues  , will make a full report  in due course

its a Stevie  Nicks   good morning to all

• Like 1

I had a couple of basal cell carcinomas removed at McCormick, all for far less than 50Kbt. One had to be done twie=ce, as there was still some cancerous tissue. I love funky old McC, the hospital with the big heart. If they can't do it, they will refer you to whoever (whomever?) can.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Frank James said:

I had a couple of basal cell carcinomas removed at McCormick, all for far less than 50Kbt. One had to be done twie=ce, as there was still some cancerous tissue. I love funky old McC, the hospital with the big heart. If they can't do it, they will refer you to whoever (whomever?) can.

I wasn't very impressed with them when I severely injured my eye on Loy Karathong several years ago. The very young E.R. doctor looked like he had graduated medical school about one week earlier. He told me flat out that he had never treated an eye injury before! That was a terrible night, driving around in a taxi in excruciating pain trying to find someone/somewhere who could treat my eye.

When my child had the flu and/or a high fever they were fine, but for something serious, no.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 17 ตุลาคม 2559 at 8:56 AM, evenstevens said:

many thks for all reply,s,, and P.M. s  greatly appreciated

over the weekend, made further enquiry,s and have decided that Dr Samboon   is my  Jockey for  the  BCC   Stakes, and   Bangkok  Hospital is the course

my decision is based  upon   ,that Dr Samboon, is arguable the best in C/Mai,(holds a plastic surgeon.s ticket),and has sucessfully removed melonama from my right shoulder some years back at Ram,

and Bangkok Hospital  Services  during my first consulation ,impressed E/S  very mutch, and from my w/ends  research confirmed by several, their facilities are top notch!!!

E/S received  quotes, mutch lower, but I.M.O one cannot  put a price tag on health issues  , will make a full report  in due course

its a Stevie  Nicks   good morning to all

further to the above post

Op done last weds, Doc Samboon, tied old E/S down for a full hour and a quarter , then a further 15 mins in the recovery room,which should have been 60 mins, until E/S fired in a protest  that the clock arm had past high noon,and that i was dying for a Beer Lao Dark, and would you beleive it,  the protest was upheld, and within  45 mins E/S  had a Beer Lao  Dark in my mints, Doc Samboon  said  i  was allowed one,  naturally  i had  four , very thirsty work on that operation table,with those  hot light bulbs beaming down on you  with a towel over my very handsome melon,

Bangkok  Hospital  services were  super , even taking into  the consideration that the Op was 3 hrs late then the  oringnal   appointment  time of 8 .am.

the Tab  was a tic under  52  thousand baht,   which gave a full  summary on how the costs arrived at that amount,  a tickle here and there, but at the bottom of their opening quote of 52 to 59 thousand, when making my appointment a couple weeks back, so you bewdy boy !!!!

now  Stament my old cobber, cleared all the fences,will enter the Winners enclosure next weds, for correct weight to be given by  Doc Samboon, that he has got the lot out

its a  Genesis , Dr Feelgood  ,early evening to all

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Needless to say, I don't understand what the OP did. Is he going to pay these charges because he: "... felt a sigh of relief that the prices given,were  very reasonable for the surgery to be carried out.,etc etc."

So the costs are wildly inflated but he will do this procedure because it's reasonable? 

I'm not sure what's going on at all. 

IF the OP actually paid 52,000 baht, I would be shocked. I had the same procedure a year ago at Lanna Hospital and it was less than 1/10th of that cost. 

I am aware of other...."interesting" fees they charge over there at Bangkok Hospital. 

They have physical exams -- check ups -- that are identical to Lanna's, for example, for 10 times the price. The place is an insurance scam-raker for sure. 

Edited by Trujillo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

Needless to say, I don't understand what the OP did. Is he going to pay these charges because he: "... felt a sigh of relief that the prices given,were  very reasonable for the surgery to be carried out.,etc etc."

So the costs are wildly inflated but he will do this procedure because it's reasonable? 

I'm not sure what's going on at all. 

IF the OP actually paid 52,000 baht, I would be shocked. I had the same procedure a year ago at Lanna Hospital and it was less than 1/10th of that cost. 

I am aware of other...."interesting" fees they charge over there at Bangkok Hospital. 

They have physical exams -- check ups -- that are identical to Lanna's, for example, for 10 times the price. The place is an insurance scam-raker for sure. 

How do prices compare for Lanna over Rajavej too?