Best Fitness Food Deliveries in Bangkok?

SS1

Hi,

I am a serious gym addict and have pretty strict dietary requirements. I have been using a couple of fitness food deliveries in Bangkok but already getting a bit tired of eating the same foods all the time, and therefore looking for new recommendations. There are plenty in Bangkok, but for me it's important that they will be able to make custom sized meals (for me I need around 300g meat per dish). Some of them are happy to do this for an extra price while some stick to their regular sizes. When it comes to carbs, I usually order without rice as this I can easily cook myself to have the correct amount with each meal. 

So far I have tried these two that I'm very happy with: 

FitUp Clean food (https://www.facebook.com/fitup.life
-Tasty and clean Thai dishes

-Cheap prices
-They are happy to do custom size meals 

DyB "Design your Body" (https://www.facebook.com/dybfoodbangkok

-Marinated chicken burgers and chicken breast, very tasty and good prices 

-Some other stuff too like wraps and full meals but only tried the above so far

I also tried a couple of other services, I forgot the names but other was managed by a foreigner and other was a 100% thai speaking company. They both would cheat me on weight even though they promised 300g meat or fish per meal, they sometimes had under 200g. Not happy, also food was not very tasty. 

So I'm looking for somethign new, preferably some alternatives to Thai food. I have heard of Paleo Robbie and to be honest his food looks amazing and reviews are good, but at 400 baht per meal it's a bit too expensive. If I'd eat 2 per day, that would be over 20kbaht per month which is a bit too much for me. I promised myself I won't sign up unless I earn at least 200k/month! :D 

Any recommendations for alternatives?

Get a life! Being a gym addict is NOT good for you, not to mention being a SERIOUS gym addict. VANITY is one of the Seven Deadly Sins! Nothing is good for you if it becomes an addiction. 300 g meat per dish(!!) is over 4 times the recommended maximum meat intake per day. You'll die of cancer, if you don't die of protein poisoning (kidney failure) first. 

Nice, wish i lived a bit more central. (outskirts of BKK) I make all my food myself (helps a lot).. Though it would be nice to have a delivery service close. 

There is a salad bar in my central (a real good one) i just buy salads there for 3 days and add a bit extra tuna or salmon. Works good. 

Cooking yourself indeed is good if you can do it. I cook almost everything myself but having deliveries is easy too. 

21 hours ago, Thainess said:

Get a life! Being a gym addict is NOT good for you, not to mention being a SERIOUS gym addict. VANITY is one of the Seven Deadly Sins! Nothing is good for you if it becomes an addiction. 300 g meat per dish(!!) is over 4 times the recommended maximum meat intake per day. You'll die of cancer, if you don't die of protein poisoning (kidney failure) first. 

Cancer is caused by meat now, is it?

Can't recommend a delivery service, but with a crock pot or (better yet) a pressure cooker, you can pop out a week's worth of good food with an hour of work (and some waiting for the bell) in an afternoon, freeze portions in Lock-Lock plastic containers, save a bundle and have absolute control over the ingredients.  

Cook chicken one weekend, beef the next, then fish- and alternate what you pull out of the freezer and into the nuke.  Then you'll never be at the mercy of the delivery guys.

Thanks for the helpful and not-so-helpful comments. It seems some people have no idea about the protein needs of someone who trains seriously. 

Cooking myself is definitely a good option. I like cooking a lot and been doing so for the past 5 years. It's actually quite amazing what delicious dishes you can come up with whilst still sticking to your macronutrient requirements. Used to always cook some huge batches of Thai or European food then freeze half of them so I'd be sorted for a week. Only downside is eating the same thing again and again.. 

Another reason why I no longer cook myself is lack of time. Trying to manage a job, my own business as well as a masters degree simultaneously currently leaves me very little time for cooking. There are some very good services in Bangkok for food deliveries, fitness is starting to become a trend here too. Just hoping to try something new!

On 15-10-2016 at 5:03 PM, Thainess said:

Protein poisoning (kidney failure) fun myth (in healthy people).. and cancer from meat.. an other myth.. (depends what kind of meat and the rest of ones diet)

People who train seriously need around 1-2 grams protein per kg of body-weight.. all those recommendations of less are made for couch potatoes.. are you one of those ?

I have yet to see bodybuilders dying from kidney failure, they tend to eat healthy but high protein. 

On 10/15/2016 at 10:03 AM, Thainess said:

What a stupid post.

OP, Paleo Robbie offers 2 sizes for their meals - "small" and "Robbie Size". The small ones are 299 baht.

I get them 6 days a week but, for weight loss, they generally tend to be salads and those can be a little bland.

I tried Paleo Robbie for a while but at the point I ordered they didn't put the macros. The food is really really great - but one problem I found is that some dishes seemed quite salty, so if I ate them late I'd be waking up in the night desperate for water. 

http://thefoodbydk.com/ is really good, the guy is a chef and it really shows. The set menu is good but definitely would leave you lacking in protein for the day, when you hit your 200k b a month goal it would be worth reaching out to him and chatting about a customised menu. He'll cook to your exact macros per day and leave out any types of food you don't like. A friend here is the strictest person I've ever met for staying on point with his diet and he swears by this stuff. I've only tried the set menu so can't comment on the custom stuff but I can say that the flavour is fantastic. 

" I am a serious gym addict"......

The choice of words just caught my eye, "serious' and "addiction", in the same sentence , meant in a positive way, I presume......Having been an active addict for 39 years (not to gym's) it brought me as close to death as is possible without actually dying on a few occasions.  I just wonder ...is there such a thing as a "positive addiction"

I train pretty serious a few times a year or if the mood strikes me.....just eat what is in front of me and not worry about the perfect diet......most of the serious meatheads at my gym usually just need to get their eyes checked because they spend so much time staring at themselves in the mirrors.....?

image.jpeg

On 15/10/2016 at 3:03 AM, Thainess said:

Yeah, me too, i think 300 g meat is too much. By the way do people really look at your bulging muscles ? Or are you admiring yourself in front of the mirror ? People are so preoccupied with their work or women they don't even look at the muscles of men.

However they do look at the tits of women because their testosterone makes them do that. Oh, I forgot, for gay yes they love your muscles if that is what you want.

Thanks for the helpful and not-so-helpful comments. It seems some people have no idea about the protein needs of someone who trains seriously. 

Cooking myself is definitely a good option. I like cooking a lot and been doing so for the past 5 years. It's actually quite amazing what delicious dishes you can come up with whilst still sticking to your macronutrient requirements. Used to always cook some huge batches of Thai or European food then freeze half of them so I'd be sorted for a week. Only downside is eating the same thing again and again.. 

Another reason why I no longer cook myself is lack of time. Trying to manage a job, my own business as well as a masters degree simultaneously currently leaves me very little time for cooking. There are some very good services in Bangkok for food deliveries, fitness is starting to become a trend here too. Just hoping to try something new!

Hope you're not doing your Masters through a Thai institution, as you will be wasting your TIME and money.

21 hours ago, madusa said:

Yeah, me too, i think 300 g meat is too much. By the way do people really look at your bulging muscles ? Or are you admiring yourself in front of the mirror ? People are so preoccupied with their work or women they don't even look at the muscles of men.

However they do look at the tits of women because their testosterone makes them do that. Oh, I forgot, for gay yes they love your muscles if that is what you want.

If it makes you feel better to think that, all well and good but I know from experience that women appreciate a man who looks after his body.

It can be the difference between a woman literally begging you to come back to bed for another session or making excuses not to repeat the experience.

I prefer the former, thanks. :smile:

I freely accept that most might not be too attracted to big, bulging, bodybuilder-type muscles but a lean, toned physique is a major turn on for them between the sheets.

In order to maintain that, a man must train reasonably regularly and eat lots of protein or the body will consume muscle for energy before it consumes fat.

Contrary to popular belief, women can be just as visually stimulated as men.

Why do you think good-looking, in-shape guys get more initial attention from women than poorly-groomed, fat ones?

21 hours ago, madusa said:

Muscles do do nothing for me....so that's that theory out of the window...

This might be a bit off topic or off forum but does anybody know the ingredients of this food.  The amounts of the stuff with nutritional value as an amount not a percentage except in the case of micro ingredients such as vitamins. I guess it a translation exercise but the two Thais I asked came out with different figures.20161018_192159.jpg20161018_192234.jpg

Bodybuilding is only for insecure men with low self-confidence and too much time on their hands, or those who want to impress (i.e. are attracted to) other men. Most women, especially Asian ones, are turned off by men with big muscles. 

43 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Bodybuilding is only for insecure men with low self-confidence and too much time on their hands, or those who want to impress (i.e. are attracted to) other men. Most women, especially Asian ones, are turned off by men with big muscles. 

And men who think that are just deeply ashamed that they can't pull themselves off the couch to take care of their bodies.

Edited by YeahSiam

20 hours ago, Thainess said:

Sure.. I wonder how you look.. I have a pretty good idea. Usually people who complain about bodybuilders are those who are not in shape at all themselves. I can see why woman would not like real bodybuilders. I also think they are too muscular. But a nice toned body with a six pack and some muscles. Asian woman go for that why do you think movies with guys like that are full with Asian woman here. 

Fact is that most woman would prefer a guy in shape with some nice muscles (how much is debate able)  over a fat guy or out of shape guy. We are still really visual and the same goes for woman.. they look at a guy and think.. yes that is someone I like.. If you don't pass the first test you better have a big wallet to compensate. 

Always funny.. guys who like young sexy woman thinking that woman don't care about looks. 

As for bodybuilders liking other men.. I am sure there are some gay bodybuilders around, doubt its a majority. People who work out are not insecure they know they look good with and without clothes, no need to be insecure. A good extra benefit is that if you work out a lot your tools below your body work better to. You got more stamina and the blood flow is better. 

I guess people commenting on people who are muscular are themselves threatened in a way by those guys. Deep down they know they should do more to stay in shape (not saying they need to build muscle) But usually they know their body is out of shape and they could lose some weight. But its better to comment on others and then feel better about yourself.

Edited by robblok

20 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

And men who think that are just deeply ashamed that they can't pull themselves off the couch to take care of their bodies.

Spot on.... most guys that comment on bodybuilders and those that are in shape do so because deep down they know they are not taking care of their body at all. Without their wallet they would probably not stand a chance even in Thailand. 

I don't get it.. im in shape.. i never feel the need to comment on those who are not and they call people like me insecure. 

Surely eating healthily is as much about knowing which foods to avoid as which to actively seek.

Lean meat, fish and eggs along with a fair old dose of vegetables and salady stuff should be the basis of a decent diet whilst avoiding fatty stuffs, nasty carbs and fast foods as much as is possible. I certainly wouldn't deny myself a bit of chocolate though if the urge took me. Eating is a pleasure not a rigid chore.

I use a lot of onion products and spices, especially turmeric, every single day, that constitutes my only real 'rule.' 

Not sure about the benefits of actually weighing stuff in advance. My scales are my eyes and they are dictated by my hunger as I'm sure my needs will vary day on day. Actually weighing amounts in advance would miseryfy an essentially enjoyable experience in my book.

Nothing taken to extremes is particularly healthy.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

4 hours ago, Beechboy said:

Surely eating healthily is as much about knowing which foods to avoid as which to actively seek.

Lean meat, fish and eggs along with a fair old dose of vegetables and salady stuff should be the basis of a decent diet whilst avoiding fatty stuffs, nasty carbs and fast foods as much as is possible. I certainly wouldn't deny myself a bit of chocolate though if the urge took me. Eating is a pleasure not a rigid chore.

I use a lot of onion products and spices, especially turmeric, every single day, that constitutes my only real 'rule.' 

Not sure about the benefits of actually weighing stuff in advance. My scales are my eyes and they are dictated by my hunger as I'm sure my needs will vary day on day. Actually weighing amounts in advance would miseryfy an essentially enjoyable experience in my book.

Nothing taken to extremes is particularly healthy.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Weighing is easy for me its a routine now, but its not for everyone that is for sure. Its also not needed for everyone.. for me its the last little bit of fine tuning of the diet to get the best results possible. 

I agree about what you say about what to avoid.. because I dont always cook for myself and sometimes I just eat out. Then I know what to eat and what to avoid. I always go to Jones salad bar and get 3 salads.. 1 for the day i buy it and the two following days. When at home I add some extra tuna and olives and other stuff I might like. Makes a great meal for me. That plus some fruit every day makes sure i get enough vitamins. 

Nothing wrong with taking a diet to extremes if its about healthy food.. now taking training to extremes.. that is not a good idea. But what is extreme varies per person. 

On 10/21/2016 at 11:11 AM, applepie16 said:

What is 'fitness food' and where can I buy some without too much effort?

I would define fitness food as clean food that provides you the appropriate macros to support your training. Cooked without excessive fat, sugar, msg or other crap. It does not have to be chicken breast with brown rice and broccoli, as you can make almost any meal into healthy if you know how to cook. 

Wonder why is it so hard for some to understand that some people just train hard and take their diets to the extreme because they simply love it? For me I enjoy every bit of my training and lifestyle, keeping my body in shape and eating quality food. Not everyone who trains seriously is a narcissistic freak staring at themselves in the mirror every day. This is also why I didn't write "serious bodybuilder" in the OP because I also train for power and not at all interested in actual bodybuilding competitions or such. It seems to be the jealous overweight couch potatoes who cannot understand this..