ISP cancelation fees.

oMega69

As sniffdog said the cancellation fees will generally be the installation costs and return of equipment (i.e., router).   And just because installation fees "might" be zero (waived) under their promotion that is assuming you maintain service for one year; if you don't maintain the service for a  year then the value of the installation which is always advertised (like Free installation worth Bt3000) is charged.

Cancellation fees/penalties would be covered in the terms and conditions associated with your service; these vary by provider, along with any promotional items. You are responsible for returning all equipment in "perfect" condition.

Very generally speaking, you might end up paying 5,000-ish baht, at the high end.

There have been quite a few threads here on this subject, but best to check with the ISP directly at the time of entering into a contract.

Edited by mtls2005

On 14/10/2016 at 11:13 PM, oMega69 said:

3BB and TOT . . . what is there fees. . . .

If you are a farang then for ADSL/VDSL 3BB will charge you a full year upfront. But they do give you an 8% discount for that. There's no way out of this that I know of unless you are Thai. After that first year you can pay monthly or continue to pay yearly in advance for the same 8% discount. There are no installation fees and you can either buy their cheap(ish) modem/router or get your own better one.

No idea about TOT. Fibre may have different conditions also. If you are in a condo then you may have some other broadband service available from the cable TV supplier, and in my experience they are the ones that have the shortest minimum period and the fewest cancellation penalties.

You would get more relevant answers if you said where you live and in what type of building.