Shipping a room's worth of stuff between Thailand and the Philippines

Hal65

Find out what the customs regs are for import of furniture and household goods. Maybe no duty, maybe there is duty. Hard to say.

Do your own due diligence.

The question in my mind is why you would want to move to the P.I. Just the knowledge that the country gets hit with numerous devastating typhoons every year is enough to make me not consider it as a place to live. Not to mention the crime and current gubbmit. Then add in the risk of volcanic eruption.

And Manilla??? Why? If you have to move fora higher paying job that's understandable. But that would be the only reason you'd get me to go to the P.I.

Edited by Tagaa

My post was about corruption and what you may have to pay customs.  Every facet of life in the Philippines has an extra cost so unless you know the cost of import it is rather hard to judge if it will be cost effective or worth your time and effort.  In most cases the less contact with officialdom the better.  That said there are positives to living there (people and land) and there may actually be some positive changes with the current loud language from the top.  

Never ceases to amaze. Someone asks a question on a SPECIFIC topic, freight costs. Gets a reply waffling on about natural disasters & corruption.

Sounds like the OP has decided to relocate to Philippines.

54 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Never ceases to amaze. Someone asks a question on a SPECIFIC topic, freight costs. Gets a reply waffling on about natural disasters & corruption.

Sounds like the OP has decided to relocate to Philippines.

And you believe that should not be pointed out?  We often make decisions we regret due to lack of information - a forum is the place to help people avoid by providing such cautions to be sure they are aware of all factors.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

And you believe that should not be pointed out?  We often make decisions we regret due to lack of information - a forum is the place to help people avoid by providing such cautions to be sure they are aware of all factors.

56,000 posts in about 13 years, an average of about 10 posts a day !

Ever thought of getting a hobby ? Oops, you have a hobby. Posting.