How To Send Mail And Parcels Internationally

So, anyways, it's Xmas and I need to send some Xmas cards. Where in Bangkok can I do so without a big crowd? I'd like to go anywhere along the BTS or on the East Side of Bangkok, where I'm situated. Please advise a good time to go too, since standing in line in a government office scares me!

Also, how does mailing a package to Thailand and internationally work (to the USA)?

And going from USA to Thailand, I guess the best route is to use registered air mail? Saves on time and money (as opposed to using UPS, which I hear is very expensive.)

Is EMS the way to go with valuable items?

Thanks all!

Alohatiger

http://www.thailandpost.co.th/newweb/index_en.asp

you may get some ideas

Where in Bangkok can I do so without a big crowd? I'd like to go anywhere along the BTS or on the East Side of Bangkok,

Where is the east side of Bkk ? (sorry for my ignorant) .. Being a girl , just giving me a sign not direction , We girls cant understand indeed. :o(sorry) .. But it's a good idea for escaping the post office near the Wireless road ( Witthayoo Rd,) too close to the embassies , they may busy ..

basically the letter /parcel from Thai to USA = 7-10 days ( for festival season you 'd better send the letter/parcel +7 days before that .. Shoud be around the first week of December ??)

give me the exactly where you are or just zip code, i think i can search for it

Edited by BambinA

On the subject of parcels, DHL offers a 25kg jumbo box, and I just shipped one back to the UK for 6,600 inc tax and it took just less than 48-hours. They came to the condo, helped to pack it, andhelped to fill in the forms too. I was pretty impressed.

Andy.