Recommendation for USA Tax Lawyer in Bangkok

Sealbash

Well, you have two options.  There is a slim to zero chance that you could find a US-trained lawyer who is familiar with the US tax code here in Thailand.  Since such specialized knowledge is rare here and the market is small, it is going to be expensive.  Or you could find anyone of tens of thousands of US-trained and practising lawyers in the US via the internet many of who will have expertise in tax law.  Because there is no shortage of such lawyers in the US their fees are likely to low, particularly outside of major metropolitan areas.  Now is there some reason you would be willing to pay the premium just to be in the same room with a lawyer here in Thailand as opposed to skyping your heart out to him or her?

There are quite a few expat income tax services here in Thailand. Just do a search. If you are looking for "lawyer" advice, you might try JustAnswer.com website. I have used them in the past and I have been satisfied with their service. You pay a nominal fee and a professional is in contact with you.

The Dancer - The USA Embassy website has a wealth of documents regarding IRS taxes.   Unfortunately, they are written as laws, and I really need layman's terms to understand.   I will continue sourcing a lawyer for advise.   Thank  you

Scoutman 360 - I have contacted JustAnswer.    Am now awaiting a reply.    I will post on the relevance and value of the answer I receive.

The information is appreciated

• 2 weeks later...