Incredible moment elephant rushes to rescue 'drowning' keeper caught on camera

webfact

Incredible moment elephant rushes to rescue 'drowning' keeper caught on camera after pair formed 'inseparable bond'

BY MIRROR.CO.UK

el.jpg

The beautiful moment Kham Lha reaches Darrick to check he is OK

Trainer Darrick Thomson said he and Kham Lha have forged an “inseparable” bond since her arrival a year ago

CHIANG MAI: -- This incredible video shows the moment an elephant rushed to save her keeper who she thought was drowning.

Trainer Darrick Thomson said he and Kham Lha have forged an “inseparable bond" since her arrival at the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai , in Thailand a year ago.

The video shows him swimming, and splashing about in the water.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/incredible-moment-elephant-rushes-rescue-9057631

-- Mirror 2016-10-17

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

That shows real love.  That Elephant Nature Park is very good and treats the elephants very well.  Its the only elephant place I have been too here where the elephants were really happy and enjoying their lives... no chains, shows or elephant rides. 

You're right, it's a great place. Not surprisingly, though, because this park was originally meant to be a rehabilitation/rescue center, so it's a vastly different approach from all the other parks, which are focused on making money.

Some of them do treat the elephants decently but many don't, and you only have to look at the animals to see the difference right away.

In Pattaya not long ago I went to a very famous tourist site where they keep a few elephants and was appalled by the condition of these animals. One had several large festering wounds, and the 'carers' obviously didn't give a damn.

A nonsensical story, as others have said just for publicity, by someone who indirectly claims to be psychic by knowing what an animal is thinking.

What happened was an elephant went into the water (something that elephants do all the time) and stood by it's trainer while the trainer moved under the animal for a photo, nothing else.

If I was able to understand an elephants "thoughts", as The Mirror apparently can, I would say that the elephant saw an opportunity to get it's own back on the bugger who has been "training" it and, when the trainer went under it's body, probably thought that it was successfully standing on him until he drowned.   That makes just as much sense.

33 minutes ago, applepie16 said:

Humans - forever prone to anthropomorphism.

And in this case, it helps assuage the guilt of a typical trainer who uses abusive methods to break the spirit of their charges.  Don't patronize establishments that give elephant rides, makes them paint, play sports, and do other sundry tricks.  The enslavement process to get them to that point is brutal.  

Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 1.57.22 PM.png

20 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

And in this case, it helps assuage the guilt of a typical trainer who uses abusive methods to break the spirit of their charges.  Don't patronize establishments that give elephant rides, makes them paint, play sports, and do other sundry tricks.  The enslavement process to get them to that point is brutal.  

Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 1.57.22 PM.png

Please research this elephant nature park before you make you comments.  At his place the elephants are not trained, do not do shows or perform tricks, don't paint pictures and don't carry people about on their backs. 

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Please research this elephant nature park before you make you comments.  At his place the elephants are not trained, do not do shows or perform tricks, don't paint pictures and don't carry people about on their backs. 

My apologies.  I was referring to the vast majority of elephant parks/shows in SE Asia which cater to tourists.  Glad to know of a small handful of such establishments that are doing it right.