The Chinese are coming..........NOT

Anthony5

That's strange... just noticed that there were far fewer Chinese tourists in the shopping mall today... my friend commented to me about it.  Then I see this thread.

I am off to Chiang Mai city tomorrow... will see if its the same there. 

If it's true... what country will be the next lot to come here?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

That's strange... just noticed that there were far fewer Chinese tourists in the shopping mall today... my friend commented to me about it.  Then I see this thread.

I don't think for one minute that the Chinese are done with pattaya.

But we live in hope,  

i would not  not miss thee fantastic eating habits,

just pure class.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, mcfish said:

This thread is pure gold lol. It's brilliant that TV experts have dismissed TAT stats as being rigged so we now revert back to the trusted and indisputable method of counting undies and bras and the buses and Im hoping a click counter is being used.. Would hate to start all over again if I got interrupted

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Anyone with just a basic knowledge of how Thailand works would be aware the TAT's figures are just pie in the sky.

Anyone with just a basic knowledge of how Thailand works would be aware the TAT's figures are just pie in the sky.

Don't be ridiculous, it's simply idiotic. Hotels don't have washing machines for starters so counting laundry even if some goose actually went to the trouble would be ... Idiotic.. I will take my chances with TAT compared to the alternative method LMAO!

57 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Don't be ridiculous, it's simply idiotic. Hotels don't have washing machines for starters so counting laundry even if some goose actually went to the trouble would be ... Idiotic.. I will take my chances with TAT compared to the alternative method LMAO!

Well, I'm the GOOSE you have in mind, and I didn't need to count laundry as it simply went from all balconies having laundry to no balconies having them any more.

Now and if you trust the TAT so much, who do you think these guys are?

http://www.tourism.go.th/home/details/11/221/25516

While the latest tourist arrival statistics released by the Department of Tourism show that, only in August, the number of Chinese tourist arrivals was still on the rise year-on-year (up 11,34%) and Chinese tourists (891.382 nationwide) still accounted for nearly one third (31.01%) of all tourist arrivals in August, business operators in Pattaya are now reporting a sharp drop in arrivals from China.

http://pattaya-funtown.com/zero-dollar-tour-clampdown-cuts-chinese-tourist-arrivals-pattaya/

And where do you think TAT get their numbers?

Right, from the Thai Hotel Association, and look what the President of that organisation has to say.

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-hotel-occupancy-goes-bad-worse-151758

Sanphet Suphabuansathien, president the Thai Hotels Association Eastern Region, said prospects for the final quarter of this year aren’t much better. Russians, he said, now prefer Phuket to Pattaya and the Chinese market has dropped 70 percent after the crackdown on “zero-baht” budget tours.

The year, Sanphet said, started out good, but has sagged badly and now 2016 will fall below 2015

But never mind, keep your head buried in the sand, there are still plenty of crow servings left.

3 hours ago, mcfish said:

Look what another poster posted in another thread this evening, guess he must be a GOOSE in your opinion also.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/948778-questionsquestions/?do=findComment&comment=11252264

This is usually rush hour for hundreds of busses and total chaos.. Seen only 4 buses all the way to roundabout and very reasonable traffic.

And next

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/948778-questionsquestions/?do=findComment&comment=11252510

ZERO CHINESE GROUPS!!!! WOW, felt weird, never seen that in years, no busses in the area, neither. Many Indians, fewer Europeans and even fewer Russians, some Koreans, Malays and a few Japs in the Gogos.

Edited by Anthony5

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Worst of the lot, Mericans fleeing the Trumpcracy state.

5 hours ago, mcfish said:

LOL. They just wash the clothes in the bathroom. Have you never lived with a Thai family? My wife always washed the clothes by hand before putting them in the washing machine. Never could understand that.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. They just wash the clothes in the bathroom. Have you never lived with a Thai family? My wife always washed the clothes by hand before putting them in the washing machine. Never could understand that.

I thought everyone washed clothes before putting them in the washing machine.... otherwise the washing machine would get dirty!  55

I thought they pre washed because the top loading upright washing machines  that are so popular here don't get the clothes very clean  as compared to the ( increasingly available) front loading washing machines which seem to do a better job.

5 minutes ago, johng said:

I thought they pre washed because the top loading upright washing machines  that are so popular here don't get the clothes very clean  as compared to the ( increasingly available) front loading washing machines which seem to do a better job.

Top loaders work fine.

If you think your clothes are coming out dirty use the soak function :jap:

1 hour ago, johng said:

I've used top loaders and front loaders and never seen a difference. Regardless, I've never hand washed anything before putting it in the machine.

17 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

In case someone missed it, the topic is,

The Chinese are coming..........NOT

I'm sure there is somewhere on this forum a thread about washing machines.

I feel your pain. Concentration span of racing tadpoles this lot!

Glad that they only wandered off topic with the Chinese laundry debate. It could have been much worse if they brought up bum guns and toilet tissue which are both totally alien concepts to our esteemed northern neigbours.

Edited by NanLaew

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

And there you have the burning questions of the day; do our TV members see a decline in Chinese visitors, or are they buying more front-loading washing machines?

These 2 posts, among a few other already in this thread, should answer your questions.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/948778-questionsquestions/?do=findComment&comment=11252264

This is usually rush hour for hundreds of busses and total chaos.. Seen only 4 buses all the way to roundabout and very reasonable traffic.

And next

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/948778-questionsquestions/?do=findComment&comment=11252510

ZERO CHINESE GROUPS!!!! WOW, felt weird, never seen that in years, no busses in the area, neither. Many Indians, fewer Europeans and even fewer Russians, some Koreans, Malays and a few Japs in the Gogos.

2 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

These 2 posts, among a few other already in this thread, should answer your questions.

And next

No worries Anthony. As I mentioned earlier, they are in very visible decline but as someone else has suggested, you aint seen nuthin' yet.

Was at Beach rd around Hard Rock 9am 10 am. Only saw  two or three tour buses. Before there were hundreds.  The speedboats out to Ko Lan used to be 3 or 4 rows deep in front of Hard Rock. This morning just a small row with only a few loading passengers. The only question: Where are the Chinese going now ? 

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

The only question: Where are the Chinese going now ? 

Going from the amount of buses that were here in the past, maybe they've all been here already.

On another note, at the entrance to highway 7 on road #36 they built a shopping mall specially for the Chinese tourists,  It was almost completed, but now the works have stopped.

http://newpattaya.com/pattaya/la-galleria-pattaya/la-galleria-pattaya/

5 hours ago, morrobay said:

Was at Beach rd around Hard Rock 9am 10 am. Only saw  two or three tour buses. Before there were hundreds.  The speedboats out to Ko Lan used to be 3 or 4 rows deep in front of Hard Rock. This morning just a small row with only a few loading passengers. The only question: Where are the Chinese going now ? 

I've been to Bali several times recently and numbers are picking-up there. Plus Dubai - I was surprised to see the numbers of Chinese visitors in a Movenpick hotel last month - perhaps they were just passing through.

Good luck to them - 99.9% of them work their <deleted> off through the years/decades and they deserve their moment in the sun like the rest of us.

13 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

October 1 -9 is high season for the Chinese, since they enjoy a week long national holiday.

Yes, the aforementioned 'Golden Week' where TAT has already admitted Chinese visitors were down 50% from the same period last year.

Unanimous. They have gone... for now.

14 hours ago, londoedan said:

I've been to Bali several times recently and numbers are picking-up there. Plus Dubai - I was surprised to see the numbers of Chinese visitors in a Movenpick hotel last month - perhaps they were just passing through.

Ah. Following the migratory prawn flocks, I expect.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, the aforementioned 'Golden Week' where TAT has already admitted Chinese visitors were down 50% from the same period last year.

Gone for now or long gone ? . Unless you or anyone else has information that this mass vacating of Pattaya  by thousands of Chinese is just a temporary re grouping period, I say it is unknown.  They have had some bad experiences here outside of zero $ crackdown. Does China have a command tourism department ?

http://www.thejakartapost.com/seasia/2016/07/10/chinese-tourist-surge-strains-vietnams-tourism-services.html

Edited by morrobay
add

16 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Gone for now or long gone ? . Unless you or anyone else has information that this mass vacating of Pattaya  by thousands of Chinese is just a temporary re grouping period, I say it is unknown.  They have had some bad experiences here outside of zero $ crackdown. Does China have a command tourism department ?

http://www.thejakartapost.com/seasia/2016/07/10/chinese-tourist-surge-strains-vietnams-tourism-services.html

In my opinion the crack down on zero Baht tourism is the primary cause of the lack of Chinese now. What is going on in Vietnam now has all the signs of being zero Dong tourism as well.

1 minute ago, morrobay said:

The question now :  Is this vacating of Pattaya by the Chinese permanent, temporary, unknown ?

The answer now: If the government continues its crack down on zero Baht tourism then it will not recover, because the only reason for the mass tourism is that people in China benefit from the tours. But do you know the answer to the question if the crack down will be continued or not?

30 minutes ago, morrobay said:

What part of "gone... for now" is so hard to comprehend? Even the Russians could stage a resurgence. The Indians? They haven't even started yet.

I am not a betting man but I would wager that some other, notably non-white or non-English speaking group will come along shortly to give you all something to whine about.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

No I do not know the answer, but I started these replies this morning because NanLaew  is suggesting some knowledge about this .