Govt, private sector join hands to ensure ample black clothing

webfact

Govt, private sector join hands to ensure ample black clothing
By PETCHANET PRATRUANGKRAI THE NATION

bl.jpg

GARMENT MANUFACTURERS, MODERN TRADERS FALL IN LINE AMID FIVE-TO-TENFOLD RISE IN DEMAND; WARNING ON OVERCHARGING

BANGKOK: -- THE public and private sectors are working hard to distribute more stocks of black clothes and ribbons in the market to serve the five-to-tenfold rise in demand from mourners.

Garment manufacturers have given firm assurances that more black clothing will be available this week.

The Commerce Ministry will join hands with manufacturers to provide black ribbons free to the general public, and with garment manufacturers and modern traders to sell cheap black clothes from Friday-Sunday at department stores nationwide.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/macroeconomics/30297845

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-18

Black ribbons or armbands would be showing a symbol of respect and would not have created the current situation and be considerably cheaper.

I have noticed that a couple of the local golf courses have provided the caddes with ribbons, very sensible and respectful.

21 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Black ribbons or armbands would be showing a symbol of respect and would not have created the current situation and be considerably cheaper.

I have noticed that a couple of the local golf courses have provided the caddes with ribbons, very sensible and respectful.

Interesting little side issue here, the Thai football league has cancelled all games but golf is still continuing ?

Of course I forgot how popular golf is in certain circles.

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

In my local Tesco yesterday lots of black clothing on sale but not many customers wearing black and that included ribbons !

Man at local 7/11 wearing bright red  t  shirt with drink beer  written on it. yesterday....I was going to inform the authorities  but decided against it as  I couldnt hold the  sick feeling down

12 minutes ago, kannot said:

Man at local 7/11 wearing bright red  t  shirt with drink beer  written on it. yesterday....I was going to inform the authorities  but decided against it as  I couldnt hold the  sick feeling down

You meet the worst types at 7/11. Next time, give him a piece of your mind. And stop shopping at 7/11.

Inform the authorities? sounds familiair to some historical times....

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Interesting little side issue here, the Thai football league has cancelled all games but golf is still continuing ?

Of course I forgot how popular golf is in certain circles.

A large number of golf courses are owned by the military.

Muay Thai at Lumphini  cancelled as well, or it certainly was initially,another sport enjoyed by the masses.

Should I tell the ice-cream samlor, which has this very moment stopped outside the house, to turn his "jolly jingle" off?

And when the barmuk pickup comes past tonight, with it's music playing, what should I do?

Perhaps I should attempt to get the locals in the village bar, open and playing music as usual, to beat the s**t out of him?

Not Bangkok.