TV broadcasting guidelines eased

webfact

TV broadcasting guidelines eased

By THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- All free-to-air television broadcasters are now allowed to show dramas, variety programmes, sports matches and commercials but must strictly abide by the guidelines for TV stations during the 30-day national mourning period.

This also covers digital TV stations, cable/satellite TV operators and Internet protocol TV providers.

This greater freedom came out of yesterday’s meeting of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission’s broadcasting committee and terrestrial-based digital TV stations to discuss relaxing some restrictions imposed by the committee last week on all entertainment-related shows and advertising. Such content had to be postponed or cancelled.

Natee Sukonrat, chairman of the broadcasting committee, said TV programmes must not contain improper scenes such as dancing, or frivolous and violent acts.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/etc/30297840

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-18

So far TRUE Visions haven't relaxed anything on the movie and entertainment channels and that includes their radio feed.

I suppose they can't monitor international movies  etc so may err on the side of caution and will not show anything.

Will BBC World still be monitored and as soon as Thailand is mentioned the broadcast cut until the report is over ?

I'm wondering...I;m looking at my TV screen...and the colors don't seem as bright as before and someone told me that the stations have purposely toned the color scheme down replaced with grayish tone for the mourning period...Does anyone know about this?...at first I thought it was my TV...but everything looks off even with the new relaxed rules decided yesterday

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

So far TRUE Visions haven't relaxed anything on the movie and entertainment channels and that includes their radio feed.

I suppose they can't monitor international movies  etc so may err on the side of caution and will not show anything.

Will BBC World still be monitored and as soon as Thailand is mentioned the broadcast cut until the report is over ?

This does not apply to BBC World/News on the internet.All is normal.

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

As of the time of your posting, no BBC Entertainment or movies, but entertainment channels 555 and above (History Channel) etc are running 666 and above sports channels are running 777 and above news channels are running. 222 and above movie channels are not running with the exception of Fox Family Channel. most 333 and above cartoon channels are also running.

1 minute ago, realenglish1 said:

If True has been eased you could have fooled me Anyways It really does not matter as of the end of the month I am going Internet Streaming

Fed Up with Thai regulations on TV and its content I am not a child

It is business as usual here all channels. Check your connection.

So far True have ignored two emails asking for a reason why three quarters of what I pay for I am unable to see, therefore a reduction in the monthly fee will be expected.

I have a contract which they ( True ) are unable to fulfil even though they have been told to show all channels. I fail to understand their mindset, they are being overly cautious and so afraid of upsetting the NCPO that if they show nothing that could be contentious they are safe. Again the customer is left to pay for a poor service which they will attempt to justify. The customer is the problem here as always they do not understand....really.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to normal.

3 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

So far True have ignored two emails asking for a reason why three quarters of what I pay for I am unable to see, therefore a reduction in the monthly fee will be expected.

I have a contract which they ( True ) are unable to fulfil even though they have been told to show all channels. I fail to understand their mindset, they are being overly cautious and so afraid of upsetting the NCPO that if they show nothing that could be contentious they are safe. Again the customer is left to pay for a poor service which they will attempt to justify. The customer is the problem here as always they do not understand....really.

A VERY pertinent post however I think we all know that TRUE will not bother responding to any queries on the matter irrespective of the contact method used although anyone phoning in might get a verbal run around and there will be no allowance made for the limited viewing provided.

The bills will come out as usual and non-payment will eventually result in service being stopped. I have no idea what they do to collect overdue payments.

We have not watched any tv channels for over six years now,imagine not watching the same commercials over and over again

every fifteen minutes or so!

Video killed the radio star and internet is killing tv

3 minutes ago, jvs said:

We have not watched any tv channels for over six years now,imagine not watching the same commercials over and over again

every fifteen minutes or so!

Video killed the radio star and internet is killing tv

Something I am eternally grateful for...

5 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

OMG Normality will prevail

Please don't take my porridge

Don't place any bets on your first statement. We still have no foreign content on our TV. I phoned the station and they give you a recording to leave a message. I think they could in reality do better than that at least the message should explain the closure and the date when service will be returned. Also on TV I read statements that TV service was resuming and still nothing. Yes they have all the "modern" services of the outside world but we must still rely on rumors and word of mouth as to what is actually happening. Do not leave us in limboland. I was sorry to hear of the Kings passing. 

As of 12:39 p.m. today, the 18th, we are receiving about fifteen channels, only one of which I normally watch.  Almost all of the English speaking channelswe watch are still blocked.  

Unfortunately, as already noted, we can cry all we want but we will be expected to pay the bill when it comes due.