First Calais ‘Jungle’ camp children arrive in UK

webfact

Children of foreign born UK parent or parents can get UK passport if under 18. 

Just getting married gives no right of abode, you need the appropriate visa and comply with certain conditions.

What has this to do with refugees?

I can see that free movement of EU citizens could be annoying but this also gives you a way in. Go stay in EU first and then go into UK. There is a loophole

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Children of foreign born UK parent or parents can get UK passport if under 18. 

Just getting married gives no right of abode, you need the appropriate visa and comply with certain conditions.

What has this to do with refugees?

I can see that free movement of EU citizens could be annoying but this also gives you a way in. Go stay in EU first and then go into UK. There is a loophole

Yes there is Grouse but it shouldn't be that way in my opinion like many others who will agree who have Thai wives. Why should someone have to live in an EU country. This may possibly go as an option once the UK leaves.

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

AOP seeing red is an understatement. People married to Thais who have  contributed to the system for numerous years are then shat on from a high level. Even if people have enough money etc they have to jump through hoops with lots of legal documents and interviews. These just walz in, get state support and help and will then start complaining the UK isn't respecting them and their culture and beliefs.

Just look at some who have been housed already. Not big enough houses or enough money.

They where supposedly living in a war torn shack previously. I agree with every single person here in Thailand who can't get their wife and family back to live with them in the UK. They should be seeing purple.

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

AOP seeing red is an understatement. People married to Thais who have  contributed to the system for numerous years are then shat on from a high level. Even if people have enough money etc they have to jump through hoops with lots of legal documents and interviews. These just walz in, get state support and help and will then start complaining the UK isn't respecting them and their culture and beliefs.

Just look at some who have been housed already. Not big enough houses or enough money.

They where supposedly living in a war torn shack previously. I agree with every single person here in Thailand who can't get their wife and family back to live with them in the UK. They should be seeing purple.

Just Read the Immo Rules for Brits n Wife/Dependants, its in the Visa Section. No wonder they see red at these YOUNG ADULTS go freeloading on their soil. I was treated very well as a Student in the U.K, admittedly before Emigrants swamped it. 1960ish,16 to 20 when i got jobs is Germany,USA,  but never been back much to Portugal or England. I owe Brits a lot,i used it as they intended alians to do, not for freebies like the EU Kids are trying on these days. Im here and happy here thanks to Brits of T.As age, now he cant take his Mrs back, Im .... Kin speechless at whats happen there.

10 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Just Read the Immo Rules for Brits n Wife/Dependants, its in the Visa Section. No wonder they see red at these YOUNG ADULTS go freeloading on their soil. I was treated very well as a Student in the U.K, admittedly before Emigrants swamped it. 1960ish,16 to 20 when i got jobs is Germany,USA,  but never been back much to Portugal or England. I owe Brits a lot,i used it as they intended alians to do, not for freebies like the EU Kids are trying on these days. Im here and happy here thanks to Brits of T.As age, now he cant take his Mrs back, Im .... Kin speechless at whats happen there.

Very well put. Now I assume you will get a tyrant of abuse form those who support the EU and blame all the worlds problems, on the UK, USA etc. I am glad someone sees the bigger problem and can see the injustice in British folk trying to get their family back to live in their own country..

31 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Very well put. Now I assume you will get a tyrant of abuse form those who support the EU and blame all the worlds problems, on the UK, USA etc. I am glad someone sees the bigger problem and can see the injustice in British folk trying to get their family back to live in their own country..

Whilst your argument may appear to have some moral grounds it doesnt stand up to scrutiny. The immigration rules that need to  be met are enacted by UK parliament who themselves were elected by the UK citizens.

As regards to refugees and EU citizens their rights are derived from treatise that the UK have entered into.

The penalizing of asylum seekers or EU migrants because of  a perceived injustice in the immigration rules is nonsense. The cause of any injustice if it exist , lies with the UK through the rules enacted.

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Tougher new laws were put in place a while back , which were because there were some Brits, typically long tern unemployed , who were getting themselves mail order bride and thus receiving more benefits  , there were also UK Asians going back to their homeland for arranged marriages to local girls and bringing them back to the UK .

Tougher new laws were bought in to stop these practices, which basically were that if you cannot financially support your Wife, She cannot come to the UK to live .

That has stopped some people in genuine relationships from bringing their partner to the UK, but there has to be rules that everyone must follow

I see that one of last weeks "child" immigrants already has his fingerprints on record in Britain having been there be for and the home office have admitted that at least 45% let in are indeed adults ,but then hey ,lets all have a group hug and say how bad the British are for not letting more little children in

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, transam said:

She would be an immigrant married to an Englishman but cannot go to England with me...What do you think about that...?

Just answer it, I am not a UK immigrant, I paid my taxes all my life but SHE CANNOT live in England with me after many years of marriage..

Those entering the UK for any reason have to satisfy the relevant requirements of the rules; including asylum seekers.

Just because an asylum seeker is allowed in does not mean that their claim for asylum will be successful. If it isn't, they have to leave.

As for your wife, there are only two reasons why she cannot settle in the UK with you.

1) You have another wife currently living in the UK. Polygamy is illegal in the UK therefore your second wife cannot obtain settlement in the UK until and unless you divorce the first one. I assume this is not the case.

2) You do not currently meet the financial requirement introduced in July 2012.

In which case you have my sympathy. I have stated my opinion on this unfair and discriminatory requirement many times.

I believe the minimum required net income, after deducting all fixed regular outgoings such as rent/mortgage, debt repayments etc.,  should be the amount the government expects a British couple to be able live on; the income support level of £5972.2 p.a.

However, we have to live with the rules as they are and the much higher level of £18,600 (which is gross and takes no account of outgoings!).

Savings above £16,000 can be used to reduce the amount of income required, savings of £62,500 or above mean no income is required.

If you do not currently meet the financial requirement and genuinely do want to settle in the UK with your wife then one option is for you to move to the UK and obtain a job with that salary. Once you have been in that job for at least 6 months the requirement is met and your wife can apply for settlement.

She could even spend that 6 months in the UK with you as a visitor, members of Thai Visa have done just that; though she would have to return to Thailand to submit her settlement application.

You would have to meet the accommodation requirement as well, of course. But you say you have friends and family in the UK. If one of them had a spare room you can use; sorted.

Maybe complicated and a PIA, and the fees are exorbitant in my opinion; but to say categorically that "SHE CANNOT live in England with me after many years of marriage." is not totally correct; there are legal ways and means by which she can.

Posted as a service to all those who wish to settle in the UK with their partner. Answers to specific questions can be obtained in the visa and migration to other countries forum.

57 minutes ago, i claudius said:

I see that one of last weeks "child" immigrants already has his fingerprints on record in Britain having been there be for and the home office have admitted that at least 45% let in are indeed adults ,but then hey ,lets all have a group hug and say how bad the British are for not letting more little children in

Why is that.?.A Child by Brit Law is 6Years old and they state clearly they dont have to give Prints or Sign anything. Just Googled it. Who was that rich american Lady who put WAKE UP BRITAIN on her yacht, and gave money to England to enhance the Spitfire before Hitler tried to Emigrate there.?. .This lot are winning thanks to Lovies n Lefties

11 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

Whilst your argument may appear to have some moral grounds it doesnt stand up to scrutiny.

Shouldn't morally be enough. People here in Thailand have wives and children and they can't get them in the UK. These so called migrant children are allowed in with relatives who are not of UK birth.

Morally the situation is wrong and I disagree it does stand up to scrutiny.

Interesting discussion this morning on Sky News review of the Sunday newspapers when it was said the British govt has been ignoring warnings from all sorts of sources ranging from the Inspector of Borders to local authorities that adults were entering the country pretending to be children. The line was the govt decided to play to the gallery despite knowing the truth.

Due to the adverse publicity arrivals are now hidden under blankets and the reception centre in Croydon has been screened off !

Now what of the families in Britain who are falsely stating that their relative in Calais is a child when they know it's a lie.

Shouldn't they be subject to a serious penalty for taking part in an obvious fraud and any who have not yet been naturalised or whose status isn't otherwise permanent or settled should be facing deportation along with the so called child.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

6 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Due to the adverse publicity arrivals are now hidden under blankets and the reception centre in Croydon has been screened off !

Exactly. What have they got to hide? The whole situation stinks and I am sure their will be issues soon with these refugees. 

It was very interesting on Sky News NKK and I like you feel that these so called families should be subject to prosecution.

The new Home secretary Amber Rudd has some explaining to do I believe.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Exactly. What have they got to hide? The whole situation stinks and I am sure their will be issues soon with these refugees. 

It was very interesting on Sky News NKK and I like you feel that these so called families should be subject to prosecution.

She'll start the answer in traditional fashion, " Now I'm glad you asked that question and first let me say... ",  then move heaven and earth to avoid answering.

This is a political hot potato as the anti reaction builds so Britain needs strong leadership, say NO and tell the do gooders where to get off.

The main reason folk voted for Brexit was the UK natives were fed up with their country being overrun by foreign spongers, this story bolsters their argument.

Half the planet is traveling through many countries over thousands of miles to get across that 20 miles of water, why is that...?

Why, because those who have managed it now know all the ropes and dodges to get the handouts and pass it on. The UK is a soft touch, they know it..

Interesting discussion this morning on Sky News review of the Sunday newspapers when it was said the British govt has been ignoring warnings from all sorts of sources ranging from the Inspector of Borders to local authorities that adults were entering the country pretending to be children. The line was the govt decided to play to the gallery despite knowing the truth.

Now what of the families in Britain who are falsely stating that their relative in Calais is a child when they know it's a lie.
Shouldn't they be subject to a serious penalty for taking part in an obvious fraud and any who have not yet been naturalised or whose status isn't otherwise permanent or settled should be facing deportation along with the so called child.

Grange Hill School are now marking the rules I recon these days.[emoji370]?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

8 minutes ago, transam said:

The main reason folk voted for Brexit was the UK natives were fed up with their country being overrun by foreign spongers, this story bolsters their argument.

Half the planet is traveling through many countries over thousands of miles to get across that 20 miles of water, why is that...?

Why, because those who have managed it now know all the ropes and dodges to get the handouts and pass it on. The UK is a soft touch, they know it..

The French have started to dismantle the Jungle Camp with plans to take everyone to centres around France and finally register them. Needless to say violent resistance is expected.

Reporters covering the camp this weekend are saying the vast majority there want to get to Britain so ii's all backfiring on the French who were hoping this would happen and it's not. How else were all these illegal migrants allowed to travel through France, unregistered and unhindered other than in the belief they'd be leaving France ?

37 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Will the new Home Secy takes a page out of Theresa May's book as when she held that post there were several controversies from which she took a giant pace to the rear, accepted no responsibility and blamed someone ? 

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Shouldn't morally be enough. People here in Thailand have wives and children and they can't get them in the UK. These so called migrant children are allowed in with relatives who are not of UK birth.

Morally the situation is wrong and I disagree it does stand up to scrutiny.

It is the UK parliament and government that is creating the injustice , not the asylum seeker

For the poster who asked about female children from the Calais camp, 54 were very recently admitted to the UK for processing by way of the Dubs Amendment. My understanding those already in country from Calais will undergo further detailed evaluation of their claims prior to being released into the community.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/22/lone-child-refugees-unaccompanied-dubs-amendment-arrive-uk-calais

Is it not protocol not to publish photos of those under the age of 18 in government care without permission. Accordingly, they would be covered to stop further abuse of standards by the media.

Note a number of those who were previously admitted to the UK when under 18 for asylum, have now been deported back to places such as Afghanistan upon reaching the age of 18.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-deports-three-times-more-teenagers-to-war-torn-countries-than-previously-admitted-a6988191.html

On ‎22‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 3:37 PM, 7by7 said:

The bigots, most of whom don't even live in the UK but pontificate on life here as if they were experts, have, as usual, refused to engage in any form of rational argument, doing so always confounds them, and resorted to simply throwing insults at those who disagree with them.

They post misinformation and assumptions about the asylum and immigration rules as if they are fact, and ignore it when the actual rules are posted to show them that their assumptions are completely incorrect. Truth is, after all, something they are not interested in as it is the enemy of prejudice.

It is undeniable that some refugees aren't refugees at all but economic migrants abusing the system; that some child refugees are not children; some because they reached 18 whilst going through the process, some because they are lying.

No system is perfect, some get through it who shouldn't.

But to use that as a reason for allowing the majority who are innocent and genuine to suffer is inhumane and unforgiveable.

End of this topic as far as I am concerned; it stinks too much in here of the excrement of hate.

I used to live in the UK ( for over 10 years ), and DID live in a Muslim country ( sharia, racist and anti any other religion to boot ), and there is no way I want them coming in enough numbers to make a fundamental change in western society. If they are genuine refugees put them on an island somewhere and keep them safe till they can go back home, but to let people that fundamentally hate our culture into our "free" societies, no. They have no interest in integration.

For the poster who asked about female children from the Calais camp, 54 were very recently admitted to the UK for processing by way of the Dubs Amendment. My understanding those already in country from Calais will undergo further detailed evaluation of their claims prior to being released into the community.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/22/lone-child-refugees-unaccompanied-dubs-amendment-arrive-uk-calais

Is it not protocol not to publish photos of those under the age of 18 in government care without permission. Accordingly, they would be covered to stop further abuse of standards by the media.

Note a number of those who were previously admitted to the UK when under 18 for asylum, have now been deported back to places such as Afghanistan upon reaching the age of 18.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-deports-three-times-more-teenagers-to-war-torn-countries-than-previously-admitted-a6988191.html

Yes,you are right we must not show the faces of those poor children,I do hope after the trauma of having their pictures taken ,they have a "safe space"they can retreat to afterwards.

On 22/10/2016 at 4:30 AM, NongKhaiKid said:

i see there's quite an anti reaction in Britain but the do gooders, including some so called ' personalities ' are very supportive.

The sort of people who're all for this are never likely to be affected by migrants so can afford to be ' generous '.

It's admitted that previously adults managed to enter Britain posing as children but now extra measures are in place which probably sounds good but may well mean nothing.

I listen to LBC Radio a lot in London where I live. Every presenter yesterday apart from the moderate Katie Hopkins was bleating on about how we should welcome more 'children' from Calais and if a few adults get in under the radar with them then so be it.

Most of the callers, it's a phone in radio station agreed with them or were selected to speak because they were in agreement.

Apparently 50 of these 'children' arrive today in South London. I live in S London and trust I won't see any of 'em in my local post office signing on for their old age pensions. But nothing surprises me in Madhouse Britain any more especially in London.

I'll bet we won't see any of them sleeping in shop doorways tonight.

9 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I listen to LBC Radio a lot in London where I live. Every presenter yesterday apart from the moderate Katie Hopkins was bleating on about how we should welcome more 'children' from Calais and if a few adults get in under the radar with them then so be it.

Most of the callers, it's a phone in radio station agreed with them or were selected to speak because they were in agreement.

Apparently 50 of these 'children' arrive today in South London. I live in S London and trust I won't see any of 'em in my local post office signing on for their old age pensions. But nothing surprises me in Madhouse Britain any more especially in London.

Unaccompanied children who managed to make it all the way to Calais in order to cross to Britain !

Sent ahead to get established ?

Next step, " I want my family to join me . " Answer - " OK not a problem ! "

On 22/10/2016 at 3:32 PM, 7by7 said:

Those entering the UK for any reason have to satisfy the relevant requirements of the rules; including asylum seekers.

Just because an asylum seeker is allowed in does not mean that their claim for asylum will be successful. If it isn't, they have to leave.

As for your wife, there are only two reasons why she cannot settle in the UK with you.

1) You have another wife currently living in the UK. Polygamy is illegal in the UK therefore your second wife cannot obtain settlement in the UK until and unless you divorce the first one. I assume this is not the case.

2) You do not currently meet the financial requirement introduced in July 2012.

In which case you have my sympathy. I have stated my opinion on this unfair and discriminatory requirement many times.

I believe the minimum required net income, after deducting all fixed regular outgoings such as rent/mortgage, debt repayments etc.,  should be the amount the government expects a British couple to be able live on; the income support level of £5972.2 p.a.

However, we have to live with the rules as they are and the much higher level of £18,600 (which is gross and takes no account of outgoings!).

Savings above £16,000 can be used to reduce the amount of income required, savings of £62,500 or above mean no income is required.

If you do not currently meet the financial requirement and genuinely do want to settle in the UK with your wife then one option is for you to move to the UK and obtain a job with that salary. Once you have been in that job for at least 6 months the requirement is met and your wife can apply for settlement.

She could even spend that 6 months in the UK with you as a visitor, members of Thai Visa have done just that; though she would have to return to Thailand to submit her settlement application.

You would have to meet the accommodation requirement as well, of course. But you say you have friends and family in the UK. If one of them had a spare room you can use; sorted.

Maybe complicated and a PIA, and the fees are exorbitant in my opinion; but to say categorically that "SHE CANNOT live in England with me after many years of marriage." is not totally correct; there are legal ways and means by which she can.

Posted as a service to all those who wish to settle in the UK with their partner. Answers to specific questions can be obtained in the visa and migration to other countries forum.

But they don't leave, they get told to report to Lunar House in Croydon then just go on the missing list and simply disappear into their 'community'.

7 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

But they don't leave, they get told to report to Lunar House in Croydon then just go on the missing list and simply disappear into their 'community'.

Less than 2 years ago, when Theresa May, was Home Secy it was admitted that 180,000 people in Britain on visas had been  ' mislaid ' and the govt had no idea where they were !

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Those talkback radio stations are just rubbish. I have been cut off without explanation just because I didn't agree with the PC view of the announcers.