Online reporting technical issues

2 hours ago, zyphodb said:

If you don't know of any fithman I somehow don't think that you've been going to immigration offices for very long or you've been very lucky, given the laws here if you think I'm going to give details on a public forum you must think me very naive....

You must be right because I have only been here for a little over 12 years. 

Just to be clear, any regular install of Windows 10 should have BOTH browsers installed and available --  Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Unfortunately, MS decided to use very similar icons for the two different browsers, so I can see how people might be confused which one they're actually using.

You can see the slight difference between the two different browser icons here, The Internet Explorer icon has a gold ring around the top left edge of the E graphic. The Edge icon is just an E with no ring. And as noted, in Windows 10, MS kind of hid away the actual IE icon, making it not easy to see/find.

PS0855.jpg

There are times when Immigration's online 90-day reporting site is often down and inaccessible, such as on the weekends. And, as Joe as explained, there are people who will get the "report to your local Immigration office", because of how long it's been since they made their last entry into Thailand.

But if someone is actually using Internet Explorer (not Edge), and the 90-day reporting site is working, and they don't get the "report to your local Immigration Office" advisory, then the online reporting ought to work just fine using Windows 10 and the regular Internet Explorer browser.

I did mine online just last week, and it was the 6th in a row done online with IE and absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I've been successful in doing the online report in the past using both Chrome with the IE extension and Safari. But I've been trying over and over again for almost 24 hours. With Safari and Chrome on my Mac and Chrome on Windows 10. Spent a lot of time. Very slow to fill in. Then when I submit, if its successful at all it sends me to a blank page.

Online reporting seems to be broken now. I don't know how to report this to immigration and I suspect it would be just more wasted time.

9 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

I've been successful in doing the online report in the past using both Chrome with the IE extension and Safari. But I've been trying over and over again for almost 24 hours. With Safari and Chrome on my Mac and Chrome on Windows 10. Spent a lot of time. Very slow to fill in. Then when I submit, if its successful at all it sends me to a blank page.

Online reporting seems to be broken now. I don't know how to report this to immigration and I suspect it would be just more wasted time.

I just filled in the form (auto complete) without a problem using IE Tab but could not see the captcha code to enter. Never had that happen before.

Perhaps you should try later.

1 hour ago, Fithman said:

Internet Explorer is hidden within and can be accessed from Edge the default Win 10 browser 

If you want to load IE without Edge it is a simple matter of going to the start menu, scrolling down to "Windows Accessories" opening (click on) the folder and the clicking on IE which you will see ! 

Or C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer. Double-click the iexplore.exe file, wait until it opens, right-click on the IE icon on the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar. It will remain there for every time you need it.

IMO, until Microsoft complete the Edge development, unpin that from your taskbar and don't use.

18 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just to be clear, any regular install of Windows 10 should have BOTH browsers installed and available --  Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Both are installed but the IE browser is usually hidden in Windows Accessories. 

It is also possible to access IE via edge where it hides in the "more" (triple bar icon) drop down menu.

5 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Or C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer. Double-click the iexplore.exe file, wait until it opens, right-click on the IE icon on the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar. It will remain there for every time you need it.

IMO, until Microsoft complete the Edge development, unpin that from your taskbar and don't use.

Sure but not everyone is a computer literate "expert" so I like to post stuff which most people can make sense of and use .

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I just filled in the form (auto complete) without a problem using IE Tab but could not see the captcha code to enter. Never had that happen before.

Joe, did you try with just regular Internet Explorer instead of IE Tab?

I did mine this past Monday with regular IE without any problem.

But obviously, around here, every day is a new adventure... :sick:

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Joe, did you try with just regular Internet Explorer instead of IE Tab?

I did mine this past Monday with regular IE without any problem.

But obviously, around here, every day is a new adventure... :sick:

I was just testing the site so didn't try IE. It means opening Edge and clicking on IE which I just did and it worked all the way to getting the message to contact my local office that I always get.

Edit: Just tryed again on Chrome with IE Tab and the captcha is there now.

Edited by ubonjoe

58 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

Since all else failed, I tried IE on Windows 10. At first it looked good. The fill in was much faster. But then I got to CAPTCHA. It says to reload it, but it won't reload. CAPTCHA works on Chrome on Mac (but when I submit, I just get a blank window, but not on Chrome on Windows 10, nor IE  on Windows or on Safari on Mac. If its not one thing, its another. Running out of time. May just have to go in in person.

4 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

Since all else failed, I tried IE on Windows 10. At first it looked good. The fill in was much faster. But then I got to CAPTCHA. It says to reload it, but it won't reload. CAPTCHA works on Chrome on Mac (but when I submit, I just get a blank window, but not on Chrome on Windows 10, nor IE  on Windows or on Safari on Mac. If its not one thing, its another. Running out of time. May just have to go in in person.

Looks like going in in person would have saved time. I've already spent nearly as much time trying to get the online reporting working as it would have taken to just drive out to immigration and wait for my number

3 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

Looks like going in in person would have saved time. I've already spent nearly as much time trying to get the online reporting working as it would have taken to just drive out to immigration and wait for my number

But at least IE fails quickly Should just take a minute or less to try every now and then until my time runs out.

24 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

But at least IE fails quickly Should just take a minute or less to try every now and then until my time runs out.

Success. Turns out there are numerous reports to Microsoft about CAPTCHA not working on IE 11. Their recommendation. Disable all add-ons and restart IE. That did it. Successfully submitted. 

So basically IE is the only browser that will work right now. And you have to disable all add-ons in order to get CAPTCHA to work.

1 hour ago, Dan5 said:

So basically IE is the only browser that will work right now. And you have to disable all add-ons in order to get CAPTCHA to work.

Removing add-ons can often help with browser problems, so that's always something to at least try. Easy way to do that is to launch IE in Safe Mode, which disables all add-ons, but doesn't uninstall them.

But when I successfully did my online reporting this past Monday with Windows 10 and IE 11.3, I had several IE add-ons installed (AdBlock Plus, LastPass and a few others) and it worked fine with Immigration's website.

So at least in my experience, it's not automatically necessary to uninstall ALL IE add-ons to get CAPTCHA to work.

17 hours ago, Fithman said:

Sure but not everyone is a computer literate "expert" so I like to post stuff which most people can make sense of and use .

I could understand that comment if you had to follow those steps every time you tried to access the program. But you don't, it is a one time operation which in the long run makes it easier for folks that didn't know the option was there.

You might be surprised how many people don't even realise Internet Explorer is still installed with the standard W10 home & Pro because by default the only browser icon pinned to the taskbar is that of Edge.

I'm trying to decide who I find more annoying and ridiculous:

--Thai Immigration for building a 90-day reporting website that basically only works with one browser (Internet Explorer, and imitations of it), a browser that since has been deprecated by MS, and doesn't work with the world's most-used browser, Chrome.

or

--Microsoft for releasing Windows 10 with a barely half-functional web browser (Edge), making that software abortion the default browser for the OS, and then confusing many non-techies by making the Edge icon look almost identical to the IE icon that many folks had used for years.

Hmmm.... decisions, decisions.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thai Immigration for building a 90-day reporting website that basically only works with one browser (Internet Explorer, and imitations of it), a browser that since has been deprecated by MS, and doesn't work with the world's most-used browser, Chrome.

I am not so sure it is a problem with site design. I think it is more to do with the extranet that it is running on that is tied to IE. 

There is a page on the Bangkok immigration website that does not work on anything but IE or a browser with an extension to emulate it. Try getting any further than this page when you click the folder icon. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=service

On 10/20/2016 at 1:09 PM, ubonjoe said:

Their website  over 18  months  later is  still an appalling mess, Ive had ( as you know) page  cant be shown at all a few  days back to today getting thru first page then the "contact your  immigration office"  pop  up when attempting to get to page 2 ( 4  times) tried  later and failed Wife tried tonight and "finally" got thru to the end with the confirmation page and number etc.....awaiting response now.

18  months on its  still CRAP and they want to save themselves some paperwork, this isnt going to help them much me thinks

On 10/21/2016 at 11:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

I am not so sure it is a problem with site design. I think it is more to do with the extranet that it is running on that is tied to IE. 

There is a page on the Bangkok immigration website that does not work on anything but IE or a browser with an extension to emulate it. Try getting any further than this page when you click the folder icon. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=service

Strange ......I can open all the links using IE

hi all, tried to do 90 day reporting on line for friend 10 days ago, got as far as PENDING, waiting for printable new 90 day to put in passport. went to Biriram I/O today, only to be told the system is down. all the officer did was write on the old 90 day certificate a new 90 deport time and signed it.