Photo's for Visa Application

My wife has an appointment for a Visa Application tomorrow but we have been short of time and haven't got any photo's done to accompany the application.  Looking at all the guidance notes I can't actually see anywhere that it says that they are now required as they appear to take photo's as part of the biometrics procedures.  

Can anyone please confirm whether or not photo's do still have to be provided and if so is there somewhere very close to the VFS Visa appointment building in Bangkok where we can get them done?

If you're asking about a visa for the UK, then photos are no longer required.

I'm not sure if you need a separate photo for an Australian Visa Application, a photo is taken when the biometric details are captured, but VFS do state that a Photo-booth is available on site. 

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

If you're asking about a visa for the UK, then photos are no longer required.

I'm not sure if you need a separate photo for an Australian Visa Application, a photo is taken when the biometric details are captured, but VFS do state that a Photo-booth is available on site. 

Yes it is the UK Visa and thanks for the advice.

I've been round and round the UK Gov website and while I gained the impression that photo's didn't appear to be needed any more it wasn't clearly stated anywhere that I could see.  In fact in the Section 4 of the guidance notes where it tells you what not to send to support the application it says to not send any photo's apart from those required in Section 1!!!  

Not clear at all.  There's still a space to attach a photo on the front of the Visa Application Form as well.

11 minutes ago, crafty1 said:

Did uk visa last week. If your wife is going personally to vfs (and not agent) then NO photo required. Vfs bkk take digital photos and finger prints when doing the biometrics.

Thanks very much, just what I needed.  

54 minutes ago, gmac said:

I've been round and round the UK Gov website and while I gained the impression that photo's didn't appear to be needed any more it wasn't clearly stated anywhere that I could see.  In fact in the Section 4 of the guidance notes where it tells you what not to send to support the application it says to not send any photo's apart from those required in Section 1!!!  

Not clear at all.  There's still a space to attach a photo on the front of the Visa Application Form as well.

It's detailed on the very first page of the Visa Application Website:

VFS said:

Passport Photographs – with immediate effect, passport photographs will no longer be required from applicants submitting their biometrics. However, applicants exempt from giving biometrics will need to carry a passport photograph.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/index.html

I'm sure that the UKVI guidance will catch up sooner or later and their form will be revised, I suspect the form and guidance are generic and some posts may still require a photo.

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:55 AM, crafty1 said:

Did uk visa last week. If your wife is going personally to vfs (and not agent) then NO photo required. Vfs bkk take digital photos and finger prints when doing the biometrics.

All UK visa applicant's have to attend in person so that their biometrics can be taken. Agents cannot attend on their behalf, neither can a friend or family member.