Yamaha Xmax 300 coming to Thailand?

jackcorbett

On 1/25/2018 at 11:56 AM, Carsten007 said:

Got mine about a week ago.:guitar:

The Yamaha dealer near the Pawnshop on Sukhumvit asked for 175.000,

Watchara 172.000 and at Mityon it was 168.000 as it should be.

Mityon had two brown ones in Stock, so no waiting.

So far: Much better than the reviews i read.

Brakes very good, almost as NMax, but not the same.

Suspension much better than NMax and better than Aerox.

I had both for a year.

The windshield is nonsense, too much turbulence either up or down.

Mine came in the down position, you have to move the upper screws to "down" to get the windshield up..

I got a low sporty one at Kaidee for 950 Baht, much better now.

Quality all over is very good. It flies, no comparison to NMax/Aerox (of course).

Average fuel was 3,1 per 100 km. Have done just 400 and that at max 60km/h or 4.500 rpm.

Great bike, very agile, easy to slide between the traffic in Pattaya.

Great review! :thumbsup:

Are you saying that the taller adjustable windscreen is more turbulent than the real short windscreen??  :hit-the-fan:

Can you let us know how the Xmax 300's ride compares to the Forza 300?

My windscreen is stock, comes to about three inches below my eyes and their is absolutely no wind issue.  As for the difference in ride between the Xmax and the Forza, it's like night and day.  Think of the Forza as a hippo on two wheels and the Xmax as a Cheetah on wheels.  More nimble in traffic, better acceleration, better stopping power and a lot more stable at highway speeds.  In short, unless you are a dyed in the wool Honda Forza fanatic there is absolutely no reason to consider anything but the Xmax.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 11:56 AM, Carsten007 said:

Got mine about a week ago.

The Yamaha dealer near the Pawnshop on Sukhumvit asked for 175.000,

Watchara 172.000 and at Mityon it was 168.000 as it should be.

Mityon had two brown ones in Stock, so no waiting.

So far: Much better than the reviews i read.

Breaks very good, almost as NMax, but not the same.

Suspension much better than NMax and better than Aerox.

I had both for a year.

The windshield is nonsense, too much turbulence either up or down.

Mine came in the down position, you have to move the upper screws to "down" to get the windshield up..

I got a low sporty one at Kaidee for 950 Baht, much better now.

Quality all over is very good. It flies, no comparison to NMax/Aerox (of course).

Average fuel was 3,1 per 100 km. Have done just 400 and that at max 60km/h or 4.500 rpm.

Great bike, very agile, easy to slide between the traffic in Pattaya.

Do you have the link where you buy the windshield on Kaidee because i can't find thx

On 1/17/2018 at 8:11 PM, Namplik said:

Way overpriced! No need to order this from the dealer... I got my Shad SH40 Cargo in Bangkok for 4000 THB. 

Can you tell us which support rack did you use to support the Shad SH40 Cargo?

Where did you buy it.

Tia

Edited by wombat099

5 minutes ago, Carsten007 said:

https://www.kaidee.com/product-334254547

Now its 1000, before they had it for 950 (+50 EMS) and another one, for 1200.

On their website it said "out of stock" but when i asked, he had it. Came in two days..

I have as well ordered from kaidee after I managed to cancel the order from the Yamaha dealer which cost 3 times more. The price at Kaidee was 950thb + 100thb for EMS. Sent yesterday in the afternoon after transferred the Money and giving them a Call to confirm the payment - it will arrive tomorrow morning....;) 

4 hours ago, Carsten007 said:

A Shad 40 costs between 4-7000 Baht. But then you want the rail, there it is 2.100 (Kaidee again) in rather average looking build, rusty in the pics already, or the one from Yamaha, then its 6.100 , substituting the handrests.

small Shad 3.200 http://thaimotorbox.com/product_case_detail.php?proid=507

Rail https://www.japanhobby.net/product/3595/ตะแกรงหลัง-yamaha-x-max-300-ราคา2100

comfortable looking seat? https://www.kdprojectracing.com/product/4861/เบาะแท้ตัดแต่งทรง-sport-ด้ายดำ-for-yamaha-xmax-300

aluminum for the feet? https://www.kdprojectracing.com/product/4878/พื้นพักเท้าหน้า-อลูมิเนียม-cnc-4ชิ้น-yamaha-x-max300

Haven't tried any of these. As time goes there may be better rails (better looking) aftermarket..

The original Yamaha accs. are really hefty.

In EU they offer a comfort seat (for real Euros) and a separation for the under seat "Area", didn't see that yet here.

Separation??? did you mean this?

https://www.lazada.co.th/yamaha-xmax-300-67754277.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.47e1e951q9Zign

Edited by Thaicoen

After i see the Xmax last week i think that will be my new bike, i drive PCX from the beginning and have all models only i miss some power and i don't like that the new model almost not change.

So today i visit 10 shops in Pattaya but nobody have stock so i start calling and i found 1 in Ban Chang, i order them and drive to pick the schooter up and drive 45km back.........in one word FANTASTIC, EVERYTHING looks good and feel nice when driving i am 178cm and the height is no problem for me,

I also order the windscreen from Kaidee and that will arrive tomorrow.

Later i will post some pictures.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Carsten007 said:

But then you want the rail, there it is 2.100 (Kaidee again) in rather average looking build, rusty in the pics already, or the one from Yamaha, then its 6.100 , substituting the handrests.

Does the original Yamaha rack fits only Yamaha boxes or can others be mounted. I think that 6.100 Bt extra on the 168000+ Bt we are already spending is acceptable but it should fit more boxes than only Yamaha

Can you share the link on Kaidee for the rail?

Edited by wombat099

2 hours ago, Thaicoen said:

actually you you can start the scooter with you code from the key if you don't have the remote or the battery is empty

Really? I was sure that the code was just a uniqe KEY ID needed to order and to register the New key.

Could you pls share how?

50 minutes ago, Carsten007 said:

Not quite, the key will open the seat only.

The emergency coding without key is rather difficult, you have to know the key (6 numbers in the bag where the keys were. Didn't find them inside the key itself) and the procedure  can not easily be remembered, you have to write it down.

Without battery impossible to start!

Study and download the ENGLISH MANUAL i have attached.

xmax_300.pdf

i put the code in my mobile after one time try very easy and not need remote!

Edited by Thaicoen

Thanks for sharing. At that price I'll get this one.
Some metal rescue should help with the rust when it appears.

Couldn't edit my post in Tapatalk.

I've decided to wait until anyone can confirm that the original Yamaha version will also fit other brand top boxes.

Couldn't edit my post in Tapatalk.

I've decided to wait until anyone can confirm that the original Yamaha version will also fit other brand top boxes.

It does not, I went to two different box store,, both said I needed to drill 2-3 holes to mount a givi or a shad. I went with the shad with only two holes that needed to be dilled. On the plus side , I got the Yamaha rack for only 5,000 baht at original point of pick up as opposed to 6,000 now. No issues after the install. Rock solid.

IMG_4701.JPGIMG_4703.JPGIMG_4706.JPGIMG_4724.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

On ‎30‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 6:37 PM, Carsten007 said:

Mounting instructions:

First: There are no holes where they should be, but it worked quite well.

- Loosen the holders which are attached to the bike, so that you can slide them to the left or right to match the drilled holes in the shield. When you found the correct position tighten the holders again.

- Now put in all 4 screws with the rubber grommets but don't tighten them yet.

- Tighten one by one all around, slowly, until you can feel the screw coming out through the rubber.. That's max. It is perfect when the thicker part of the rubber stays behind the shield.

The windshield will sit very tight on these two other screws on the bike and gets scratched internally most likely.

But that is invisible, who cares.

Did you receive 4 rubber grommets?

It does not, I went to two different box store,, both said I needed to drill 2-3 holes to mount a givi or a shad. I went with the shad with only two holes that needed to be dilled. On the plus side , I got the Yamaha rack for only 5,000 baht at original point of pick up as opposed to 6,000 now. No issues after the install. Rock solid.

IMG_4701.JPG.6e4aeeb6de20ab4f56037554a81c5ab6.JPG&key=b183f497ad288976a53d046f823005b1c38e8c2fe5bd6aac9fdee1485f4bfad2IMG_4703.thumb.JPG.68252ba1086dbdefbcb7732e2e14c2fc.JPG&key=ecd0c0750f648461e965ad5e3157a9740a7a64cbf00669c0289a535c04db3a1eIMG_4706.JPG.e669d4c325994bafee50b4c32e599cc8.JPG&key=222b4b36bd5be79848cedd0f11f69253aa3042e1d309803ff8b165587d38fc51IMG_4724.JPG.caa98ac00cea76cb31d7b279a1d37ff4.JPG&key=9d166d3d0a74d080846ba2c0922d160d2bc90cda1bcc74c42c6364b7966982d1

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thank you for your reply.

Exactly what I needed.

• Like 1

Looks a bit wide for the pillion to sit comfortably. 

I had hesitations too but after 3000 km on the bike, 500 km with the box filtering in Bangkok every other day.. no issues... if the front mirrors pass, so will the back. Does not throw off the weight and balance. Only issue is parking .. it makes it longer... so you gottta watch the back.IMG_5043.JPG.130bc68fe5a68c6d096e622a7de29672.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile appIMG_4721.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trikyle said:

I had hesitations too but after 3000 km on the bike, 500 km with the box filtering in Bangkok every other day.. no issues... if the front mirrors pass, so will the back. Does not throw off the weight and balance. Only issue is parking .. it makes it longer... so you gottta watch the back.IMG_5043.JPG.130bc68fe5a68c6d096e622a7de29672.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile appIMG_4721.JPG

Nice - BTW, where did you buy the b&w stickers for the bike?

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaicoen said:

i get only 2 but then for this 2 screws are to short and they not send 2 longer screws?

I received as well 2 rubber grommets and got the same issue with the 2 screws on the top as they become too short With the additional grommets. Bought 2 longer screws in metal/silver color as they didnt have in black which match just fin. 10-12mm longer than the original ones and paid just 5 thb for both at a random shop which work just fine.

The windshield itself works and looks great. Seems to be both nicer and a little higher than the original one thats fits Perfect as it give some protection for the wind - excellent for city driving and very good value for the little Money spent (1050thb vs 3400thb)...:smile:

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Carsten007 said:

No, only the shield. I used the original ones.

You may have received them too as they were taped outside the plastic bag for the Shield so not easy to see - maybe you overlooked them?

Edited by ttrd