Yamaha Xmax 300 coming to Thailand?

jackcorbett

16 hours ago, Ahnsahn said:

I sure hope the higher-set windscreen works for me.

Just noticed that you sold your Forza 300 - nice one, that's why it sold so quickly!! How much time did you spend at the DLT office to complete the title transfer?

I wasn't there - the new owner did it alone........yes was easy quick sale .....

Just ordered a 2nd Xmax for my friend (currently in Europe) at Yamaha/Watchara Pattaya, black/grey color - expected delivery January 2018.

For anyone in Chiang Mai interested in actually seeing this amazing scooter up close and personal there is a Yamaha display on the ground floor of Central Festival this weekend.  There is a lovely black/gray Xmax 300 on display.  The bad news is the people there are devoid of English speaking skills so getting usefull information is next to impossible.  I.E. are there any available now for sale in Chiang Mai, if not how long of a wait,  how much of a deposit if you order one,  how much is a topbox and mounting bracket.  I even used Google translator and I might as well have been talking to the wall.  Oh well, it was nice to get to see one again and appreciate how nice it is.

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2017 at 3:36 PM, MrJ said:

I wasn't there - the new owner did it alone........yes was easy quick sale .....

Just ordered a 2nd Xmax for my friend (currently in Europe) at Yamaha/Watchara Pattaya, black/grey color - expected delivery January 2018.

Honda is to unveil its 2018 PCX 150 at the Tokyo Auto Show later this month!

If an updated Forza 300 is unveiled there, too, there can be some good competition in the 300 cc scooter class!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ahnsahn said:

Honda is to unveil its 2018 PCX 150 at the Tokyo Auto Show later this month!

If an updated Forza 300 is unveiled there, too, there can be some good competition in the 300 cc scooter class!!

Excellent news, thanks for the heads up.

My PCX150 is first gen 150cc and is slowly starting showing its age but only cosmetic actually, it still runs smoothly.

Yes agreed, the more choices the better for us customers.

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone in Chiang Mai interested in actually seeing this amazing scooter up close and personal there is a Yamaha display on the ground floor of Central Festival this weekend.  There is a lovely black/gray Xmax 300 on display.  The bad news is the people there are devoid of English speaking skills so getting usefull information is next to impossible.  I.E. are there any available now for sale in Chiang Mai, if not how long of a wait,  how much of a deposit if you order one,  how much is a topbox and mounting bracket.  I even used Google translator and I might as well have been talking to the wall.  Oh well, it was nice to get to see one again and appreciate how nice it is.

Read somewhere that the top case and bracket for Xmax will set you back at least 11,000bht.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1

I posted that price, closer to 12000 baht though.  That came from the saleman at the Yamaha bigbike showroom near Kad Suan Khow.  He actually looked it up on his computer and showed me the prices for the bracket and top box. Sod those prices, there has got to be numerous shops in the bigger cities that offer better prices.  

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Just not enough legroom but the seat can be adjusted to give an extra maybe 4 inches.

that s new to me - how the seat can be adjusted?

I just had my 1.000km service, all very fine so far only the windshield matter, now considering to order the touring/tall one as the short/racing one bothers wind wind turbulence as well even it looks just great :-(

don't - for me sufficient storage below the seat

Hello, can you tell me if the power outlet in left compartment is purely for phones etc, is it able to run a mini air compressor? When I had a Forza I tried the air compressor and it blew the fuse, had a drive yesterday and all that can be said is wow!!

The Tmax 530 comes in two trim levels, 530K for the lesser model and 530K for the top model.  Those prices put it right up there with BMW GT650.  As one poster noted the acceleration of the Xmax 300 was on a par with the bigger scooter. and I would imagine that unless you are going to be doing a lot of long distance touring on major highways the Xmax 300 is the way to go, particularly in busy cities.

8 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Hello, can you tell me if the power outlet in left compartment is purely for phones etc, is it able to run a mini air compressor? When I had a Forza I tried the air compressor and it blew the fuse, had a drive yesterday and all that can be said is wow!!

no  idea - but its a normal plug (12V?) as in cars and assuming with the correct adapter can charge phones , use GPS and other stuff as well 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Baby, finally got my hands on an Xmax 300 this morning.  I had to drop off my PCX 150 at Honda Bigwing and decided to have breakfast at Maddogs. As I was walking along Moon Meung Road I looked over at Pop Rentals just up from Spotlight Go Go Bar and saw a shiney canary yellow scooter looking very much like a new Xmax.  Hurried over, yep spot on brand spanking new with only 454K on the odometer.  How much, 1200 Baht per day, sign me up for two days.  Ten minutes later out the door I went with the Xmax 300 underneath me.  The smile still has not come off my face, this scooter actually outperforms all the hype in the build up to its release.  I am 6"2' so the height was not an issue, the seat was very comfortable, the windscreen was in a perfect position for me, the weight was not a problem snaking through traffic and the acceleration from a stand still was very impressive.  The ABS system made hard stops no problem.  Once on a long stretch of open highway I opened the trottle and man was the response impressive, easily went to 115 KMP with some more trottle available.  Rock steady at that speed.  My one and only so far critique would be going over ruts and bumps, the rear shocks don't do much to dampen the effect.  An upgrade would be the only improvement I would make should I decide I want an Xmax 300 over the new 2018 Honza Forza 300.  So far today I have put 100 K on the scooter and tomorrow my intention is to go up 107 to Mae Rim, turn left at the junction for Tiger Kingdom and out on that country road, up and over the mountains until I come back unto 121 near Hang Dong.  That will be a worthy test I believe for the Xmax 300.  Like I said, the smile is still on my face and only gets bigger once I sit on the scooter and fire up the engine.  More riding later this afternoon and tonight.  IMO, Yamaha have a winner on their hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2017 at 2:13 PM, Badrabbit said:

Just driven the Xmax you wouldn't know the difference between it and the T Max it's incredible!!

On 10/30/2017 at 8:36 PM, MrJ said:

the rear suspension is 5 way adjustable - check it out

On 10/30/2017 at 3:16 PM, idman said:

Yeah Baby, finally got my hands on an Xmax 300 this morning.  I had to drop off my PCX 150 at Honda Bigwing and decided to have breakfast at Maddogs. As I was walking along Moon Meung Road I looked over at Pop Rentals just up from Spotlight Go Go Bar and saw a shiney canary yellow scooter looking very much like a new Xmax.  Hurried over, yep spot on brand spanking new with only 454K on the odometer.  How much, 1200 Baht per day, sign me up for two days.  Ten minutes later out the door I went with the Xmax 300 underneath me.  The smile still has not come off my face, this scooter actually outperforms all the hype in the build up to its release.  I am 6"2' so the height was not an issue, the seat was very comfortable, the windscreen was in a perfect position for me, the weight was not a problem snaking through traffic and the acceleration from a stand still was very impressive.  The ABS system made hard stops no problem.  Once on a long stretch of open highway I opened the trottle and man was the response impressive, easily went to 115 KMP with some more trottle available.  Rock steady at that speed.  My one and only so far critique would be going over ruts and bumps, the rear shocks don't do much to dampen the effect.  An upgrade would be the only improvement I would make should I decide I want an Xmax 300 over the new 2018 Honza Forza 300.  So far today I have put 100 K on the scooter and tomorrow my intention is to go up 107 to Mae Rim, turn left at the junction for Tiger Kingdom and out on that country road, up and over the mountains until I come back unto 121 near Hang Dong.  That will be a worthy test I believe for the Xmax 300.  Like I said, the smile is still on my face and only gets bigger once I sit on the scooter and fire up the engine.  More riding later this afternoon and tonight.  IMO, Yamaha have a winner on their hands.

What a lucky dude to be in a city that's already renting the Xmax 300! :partytime2:
Have you taken that ride up the 107 and back down the 121 to Hang Dong? If so, how was the performance of the Xmax 300? You already answered one of my pressing questions: 'How does the Xmax 300 handle road ruts (pot-holes)'. Can you give a head-to-head comparison between riding a Forza 300 and the Xmax 300? I know the Xmax 300 has more Hp and can accelerate faster than the Forza 300 and that the Xmax 300 can easily cruise at 115-120 km/hr (with more power to spare) while I understand the Forza 300 to be comfortable cruising at 100-110 km/hr, can you note other differences? Could you say one bike rides more smoother than the other? Did your Xmax have the taller, touring windscreen? Were you able to adjust the settings on your shocks?

And now Pop rentals have another Xmax 300, this one is the brown/bronze color.  The ride up around and back down was another eye opener.  Simply put the Xmax was an amazing scooter.  Power on demand when asked for, superior braking on some of twisties, comfortable seat for my bum. This scooter fits me like a glove.  The windscreen was perfect so no adjustment was necessary, I did not mess about with the shock adjustments it was a rental and I was concerned with keeping the Xmax pristine and problem free.  I will however make that one of the first adjustments when I get one.  Under seat space is fantastic, a ton of room.  I stopped at Rimping for groceries and put three full bags under the seat without a problem.  I am by no means an expert when it comes to motorbikes/maxi scooters but I have ridden the Honda Forza 300 for a week earlier this year, I rented a blue one from Pop rental and I can say without any hesitation that the Forza was a heavy and not very agile scooter.  Yes, comfortable and adaquate get up and go but after only two days with the Xmax there simply is no comparison.  Unless the new rumered 2018 Honda Forza 300 can match the Xmax then once again Honda will be playing second fiddle to Yamaha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, idman said:

And now Pop rentals have another Xmax 300, this one is the brown/bronze color.  The ride up around and back down was another eye opener.  Simply put the Xmax was an amazing scooter.  Power on demand when asked for, superior braking on some of twisties, comfortable seat for my bum. This scooter fits me like a glove.  The windscreen was perfect so no adjustment was necessary, I did not mess about with the shock adjustments it was a rental and I was concerned with keeping the Xmax pristine and problem free.  I will however make that one of the first adjustments when I get one.  Under seat space is fantastic, a ton of room.  I stopped at Rimping for groceries and put three full bags under the seat without a problem.  I am by no means an expert when it comes to motorbikes/maxi scooters but I have ridden the Honda Forza 300 for a week earlier this year, I rented a blue one from Pop rental and I can say without any hesitation that the Forza was a heavy and not very agile scooter.  Yes, comfortable and adaquate get up and go but after only two days with the Xmax there simply is no comparison.  Unless the new rumered 2018 Honda Forza 300 can match the Xmax then once again Honda will be playing second fiddle to Yamaha.

Great postings detaling your impressions of your first rides on the Xmax 300. Not only can we all see its attributes, but we now also have a beginning basis on which to compare the Xmax 300 to the Forza 300! 
:clap2:

I had a quick look around Pops Rentals today, my oh my they do have a selection to choose from.  Saw a green coloured XMax 300 next to an orange Forza.  They did look similar but the XMax looks to be a bit slimmer.  Overall finish again Id go the XMax.

At 1200 baht a day I think Id pick a bigger CC bike, but then I suppose it depends what you want the bike for.  Pops even had a Royal Enfield 500 for rent at 1500 a day.  I was hoping to find a CB500F but alas its not one of their choices...650F aplenty as well as the 500X.

Lots of their bikes appear to be pre-booked....the high season is approaching fast.  And the weather is cooling down quite a bit in Chiang Mai too.

Mityon in Pattaya corner of South Road and Soi Buakhow had/has two Xmas scooters today/8-Nov.  One yellow one black.  Unfortunately I was told told the price has already shot up 7,000 baht from 168,000 to 175,000 baht.  Must be us rich farangs driving the price up as usual.