Yamaha Xmax 300 coming to Thailand?

jackcorbett

It should be sweet when you find that perfect balance point between front and rear suspension settings. :coffee1:
Don't let my 'eye candy' comment in any way detract from the far more magnitude of importance of your upgrades - they just add the additional benefit of increasing your scooter's already good looks. I too, will be doing the same upgrades as soon as I get my scooter. A perfect fitting seat is also an important factor to the rider in the overall quality of the scooter and the XMax and Forza 300 do have wide seats, IMO, though the XMax seat is visibly a couple of inches or so longer in length than the seat of the Forza 300.

How long did it take the mechanics to complete the work on your scooter?

About 2 hours., mostly for the front fork work .

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Went into Yamaha dealer Pattaya Watchara/Yamaha Sukhumv. op. Thepprasit R. junction to ask about the availability of the Xmax 300 and was shocked to be told it would take 5 months waiting time.

5000 baht deposit was required to be put on the order list. 

I left it and will continue to look around Pattaya.

First time I had been in the new showroom and it looked good with some very nice bikes in there.

Does anyone know of any rental companies in Pattaya with a XMax 300? because I definitely want to try before I buy.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a few XMAX's in the Mityon on 3rd Road/pattaya dai by Toni's Gym.

I bought one on the 2nd January. 168K plus registration etc total 170K, declined the insurance and got my own from a broker.

Very happy with it so far, really smooth, quiet, good ride comfort and bit more power.

Underseat storage is huge.

• Like 1

Lucky old me, I went into the big Yamaha shop around the corner from Chiang Mai Ram Hospital to put a deposit on a Xmax as I had given up waiting for Honda to release a new and improved Forza 300.  Lo and behold what did I see on the showroom floor but three, yes three brand spanking new Xmaxs for sale.  To say I was shocked is an understatement as all I have heard, have been told was at least a three month wait.  Now there are only two available, a white/black combo and a dark grey one as I jumped on the brown color.  I will be taking possession of my new toy on Friday. As I said at the top, lucky me.

3 hours ago, idman said:

Lucky old me, I went into the big Yamaha shop around the corner from Chiang Mai Ram Hospital to put a deposit on a Xmax as I had given up waiting for Honda to release a new and improved Forza 300.  Lo and behold what did I see on the showroom floor but three, yes three brand spanking new Xmaxs for sale.  To say I was shocked is an understatement as all I have heard, have been told was at least a three month wait.  Now there are only two available, a white/black combo and a dark grey one as I jumped on the brown color.  I will be taking possession of my new toy on Friday. As I said at the top, lucky me.

Mind if I ask how much you paid? Seems like a lot of places have jacked up their price by 7,000 baht or so...

A guy in our street now has a Yellow  XMax , it's a thing of beauty, but I noticed the the back shocks are almost at the end of the back seat, very strange, they are at exact 90 degrees vertical, a bit like NMax, but way further back. I think Yamaha decided (figured) this is the better arrangement than having it closer to the middle and at an angle forward..... (in fact I never understood those bikes with shocks almost at 45 degrees from the back wheels to the body, surely that is not an efficient way to absorb wheel movement up and down and rider on top of the seat weighing down ...!?)

9 hours ago, idman said:

Congratulations on your new XMax 300 purchase! Lucky you Indeed, to have to been there at the time they had 3 different color models for sale.

When you get the chance, would you share your impressions of your new XMax 300 with us and how it compares to the ride of the Forza 300 and the Silver Wing?

Having previously rented an Xmax at Pop rental here in Chiang Mai for three days and riding the piss out of it there were no surprises.  Since this new baby is mine I intend to treat it with kid gloves until after the 1000K. checkup.  I orderd an extra smart key, 950baht and worth every baht, I opted for the 39L top box and bracket, 13000+baht but it will be a two month wait.  I got comrehensive insurance that covers everything, 10500baht.  I am not going to change anything as it fits me to a tee.  No loud sounding exhaust for ego sake, the stock shocks do the job for me, the seat height is perfect as is the tall stock windscreen.  I am 189cm and this is by far and away the most comfortable scooter I have ever owned/ridden.  The Honda Forza 300 is not even in the same ballpark on any thing you might want to compare to the Xmax 300.  Thank you very much Yamaha.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, idman said:

Having previously rented an Xmax at Pop rental here in Chiang Mai for three days and riding the piss out of it there were no surprises.  Since this new baby is mine I intend to treat it with kid gloves until after the 1000K. checkup.  I orderd an extra smart key, 950baht and worth every baht, I opted for the 39L top box and bracket, 13000+baht but it will be a two month wait.  I got comrehensive insurance that covers everything, 10500baht.  I am not going to change anything as it fits me to a tee.  No loud sounding exhaust for ego sake, the stock shocks do the job for me, the seat height is perfect as is the tall stock windscreen.  I am 189cm and this is by far and away the most comfortable scooter I have ever owned/ridden.  The Honda Forza 300 is not even in the same ballpark on any thing you might want to compare to the Xmax 300.  Thank you very much Yamaha.

Thumbs up-Very good.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎16‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 4:21 PM, marino28 said:

if the xmax 400 really make it here, it will be the scooter to have.

Why would you go for a 400cc With the old Technology when you can get the 300cc  with the latest Technology?

The size doesnt matter in this setting, but Technology does especially when you get the best for less...;)

On ‎13‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 6:47 PM, idman said:

Congratulation, I have just put the deposit Down for mine which will be available in the end of this month. Could you pls advice which Insurance Company?

Also the extra smart key was cheap as in Huahin they charge you 2.500thb - it seems to be much to save by shopping around...;)

3 hours ago, ilCapitano79 said:

Just got the Xmax, found this thread just now so didn't know theres smaller screen shield. I'm definitely buying it, how much does it cost?

Also what insurance is the best, can anyone recommend anything?

The sport windshield cost 3.400thb

Also an good idea to order a spare smartkey as if lost or broken the delivery time is up to 2 weeks - it cost only 950thb so better to have it availbale at home.

When it comes to Insurance it exist to my knowledge only 2 for the Motorbike/Scooter:

(1) Compulsory - the very basic which are obligatoric cost 1.200thb/year

(2) 1st Class cost 7.928thb/year (AXA) and comes on the topp of the compulsory (total 9.128thb/year)

https://www.axa.co.th/en/

https://www.aainsure.net/motorbike_insurance_thailand.html

Edited by ttrd

On 14/01/2018 at 6:50 PM, ttrd said:

Why would you go for a 400cc With the old Technology when you can get the 300cc  with the latest Technology?

The size doesnt matter in this setting, but Technology does especially when you get the best for less...;)

you have a NEW XMAX 400 2018 ... just arrived in Europe , better choice

12 hours ago, ttrd said:

The sport windshield cost 3.400thb

Also an good idea to order a spare smartkey as if lost or broken the delivery time is up to 2 weeks - it cost only 950thb so better to have it availbale at home.

When it comes to Insurance it exist to my knowledge only 2 for the Motorbike/Scooter:

(1) Compulsory - the very basic which are obligatoric cost 1.200thb/year

(2) 1st Class cost 7.928thb/year (AXA) and comes on the topp of the compulsory (total 9.128thb/year)

https://www.axa.co.th/en/

https://www.aainsure.net/motorbike_insurance_thailand.html

Thanks man, I'll do everything you suggested, really appreciate it.

On 13.1.2018 at 12:47 PM, idman said:

I opted for the 39L top box and bracket, 13000+baht but it will be a two month wait.  

Way overpriced! No need to order this from the dealer... I got my Shad SH40 Cargo in Bangkok for 4000 THB. 

• Like 1

From Yamaha the small sport screen is 3400 Baht as advertised on the website.

In Mityon Pattaya, I asked about the screen they said 6500 baht, i said wow sounds expensive, showed salesmen the yamaha website on my phone, he said, ohh i can do same price whilst laughing!!! Fully knowing he was about to rip me off.

Rode to the Sukhenvit and ordered from Yamaha dealer for 3400 baht no issues.

I would be interested in hearing any comparisons from those of you that have ridden or owned both the NMax and the XMax. 

I presently own an NMax and I am considering trading up to the XMax.

When I get a chance , ill try to do a full comparison. Im 86kg and 178cm. At 3000km so far, In short the Xmax is not just an nmax with a lttle more power. He’s definitely the big brother. ,can cruise 130 no problem , max stock speed 145ish . Xmax has a more sporty seating position, and sits staight and much higher. Xmax filters through 90 % of Bangkok traffic. Excellent storage. Excellent response from the engine. Excellent Dashboard.

IMG_5105.JPG.535640b34cfd5f43c58c70c16e2207a6.JPG

On the negative side .. i prefer the nmax seating position more and parking the xmax can be difficult here in Bangkok. I prefer the windshield to be... higher. And maybe new tires.. stock tires doesnt feel grippy at cornering... but.. its still new.

Front forks and rear suspension have been upgraded to yss after 1500km and tuned to my preference. She feels just fabulous. She has kept up with 650s and more. Riding position is very similiar to a versys 650 but the xmax is more straight up .Pillion riders will be riding much higher and wider.

Hope this helps. I certainly recommend test riding before getting one. I have no regrets.

IMG_5043.JPG

• Thanks 1

Ref the power outlet on the Xmax is this purely for charging a phone etc, will it power a mini air compressor? If not can you get an adapter that will allow you to do this?
I remember trying this on the Forza but it just blew the fuse.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The fuse blew.. hardwire it to a power outlet and adapter right to the batteryIMG_3876.JPGIMG_3883.JPGIMG_3887.JPGIMG_3894.JPG

The fuse blew.. hardwire it to a power outlet and adapter right to the batteryIMG_3876.thumb.JPG.ddbb6c002b22153462dc3e7204f111f8.JPGIMG_3883.JPG.0800fdeb64d030aa218f06346da21998.JPGIMG_3887.JPG.118923cba8fb567b63559bfec85eb42b.JPGIMG_3894.JPG.f61f36ff36d3ee972dda26214e50066a.JPG

Thanks, thought it would blow the fuse, I have a separate 12v outlet that can be connected straight to the battery which I will do once I get the bike.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1