Yamaha Xmax 300 coming to Thailand?

jackcorbett

2 hours ago, Carsten007 said:

Honda is most of the time really behind. .........The Xmax is the end of the Forza, in every aspect. Unless they get it together and redesign the Forza completely. Say in maybe two years or so...?! 

As I recall, back in November 2017 there were report of a new electric (and hybrid) PCX and a new redesigned Forza, based on models displayed at the Tokyo Motor Show, and there was even talk that Honda might build/assemble the electric PCX in Thailand. Nothing in either category seems to have "landed" in Thailand nor is there any indication at this time that either ever will.  I don't care if Honda ever produces an electric/hybrid PCX or sells it in Thailand, but I am very interested in a new redesigned Forza. To say that I am not a fan of Yamaha would be an understatement, after watching my neighbor go through hours of torture trying to start his Nuovo after leaving it sit for a few weeks. And the looks of the XMax 300 just do not appeal to me in the least (the Forza, while a bit "bloated" is a far better looking bike IMO than the styleless (you may certainly disagree, but please don't bother to tell me; "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"). But, my present Forza is almost 4 years old and it really is time for an upgrade. I would really hate for its replacement to be a Yamaha, but if Honda doesn't come out with a new Forza in the next few months I may have no other choice (the XMax is certainly better than the present Forza). Ugh.....   

5 hours ago, Carsten007 said:

The Yamaha Mio started the automatic run, first 107ccm, then 115, if i remember correctly.

Close.

Cigar

Mio came out in '03

Nouvo, 2002.

/////////////

My Nouvo SX fires right up

after sitting 3.5 months, 

4 consecutive years now.

[Fuel injection.]

Edited by papa al

19 hours ago, Fat Prophet said:

As I recall, back in November 2017 there were report of a new electric (and hybrid) PCX and a new redesigned Forza, based on models displayed at the Tokyo Motor Show, and there was even talk that Honda might build/assemble the electric PCX in Thailand. Nothing in either category seems to have "landed" in Thailand nor is there any indication at this time that either ever will.  I don't care if Honda ever produces an electric/hybrid PCX or sells it in Thailand, but I am very interested in a new redesigned Forza. To say that I am not a fan of Yamaha would be an understatement, after watching my neighbor go through hours of torture trying to start his Nuovo after leaving it sit for a few weeks. And the looks of the XMax 300 just do not appeal to me in the least (the Forza, while a bit "bloated" is a far better looking bike IMO than the styleless (you may certainly disagree, but please don't bother to tell me; "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"). But, my present Forza is almost 4 years old and it really is time for an upgrade. I would really hate for its replacement to be a Yamaha, but if Honda doesn't come out with a new Forza in the next few months I may have no other choice (the XMax is certainly better than the present Forza). Ugh.....   

RE -  "beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Yes, thats so true as the taste is like the bum.... What each of us perceives as beautiful reflects something very deep within us which is based on the core of our individuality.

With other words, we perceive beauty differently simply because we are different...:coffee1:

6 hours ago, ttrd said:

RE -  "beauty is in the eye of the beholder

With other words, we perceive beauty differently simply because we are different...:coffee1:

If it was a woman that we were discussing, I might understand. But it hard to get that philosophical about the appearance of a motorcycle -- even a Forza! :wai:

37 minutes ago, Fat Prophet said:

If it was a woman that we were discussing, I might understand. But it hard to get that philosophical about the appearance of a motorcycle -- even a Forza! :wai:

Its all about shapes (and colors in a combination) be it women, motorbikes, cars, houses, furnitures, clothes, shoes or other - It's scientifically proven that this is the way humans are screwed together so better to accept this fact first as last, although it may seem difficult ...:coffee1:

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the two Yamaha Dealers in the old city only one had a 300 xmax on the floor 169,500 all in. Walk away no insurance or registration covered for 1 year. Going back Sat. and put a deposit down.

I have seen a few Xmax around the city anyone have experience to relate.

Had the 1000K service done yesterday, I even opted for synthetic oil as I believe it offers better lubrication.  The price at the Yamaha shop was 878 baht.  After 1000K I have come to appreciate the Xmax more and more.  The handling, the acceleration, the breaking are so superior to any Forza 300 I have ever riden.  Add in the looks of the scooter and I am a very happy and proud owner.  Yes, you can get one without waiting here in Chiang Mai for that 169,000 baht but then you have to get insurance and anyone who does not opt for full coverage/first class after spending that kind of money is mental.  The real out the door price thus becomes actad over 180,000 baht

3 hours ago, Bealo said:

Does anyone living in Pattaya know of a scooter rental company who have an Xmax in stock cause I really want to live with one for a few days before I commit?

I have yet to see any rental Company offer one, but it may be a solution to ask the local Yamaha dealer as if there are they should know.

I wanted as well to do that prior to my purchase, but didnt find any and the Yamaha dealer didnt offer a test ride (maybe some do just in their backyard if they have one).

I did my homework, read tons of different reviews and based on those bought one in January - it has so far been my best buy ever...;)

Yes, Yamaha do offer First Class Insurance but avoid at all costs.  Way overpriced, 13K plus and a 5K deductable plus and very low hospital payouts for you and a passanger.  There are much better and cheaper ones out there, use Google and you will find many options.

In Patong, Phuket, a renter offers XMAX for rent, but silly prices like 1200b per day .... (when Honda Forza can be had for 700b) ...!

I met a guy who rented a Honda X-ADV for 1500b a day, now that may worth the extra, but XMAX has just a novelty factor I guess....

No need to test drive this, if you have the money and want to buy the XMAX just go for it, can't go wrong...

Paid 168K Baht in Mityon Pattaya, 3rd Road/Pattaya Tai 

1st class insurance through AA insurance broker was 9000 to 9500baht.

I'm not in thailand at the moment for the exact amount or insurance company.

• 1 month later...

My Xmax zips through traffic here in Chiang Mai as easily as my previous PCX 150.  Of course my years of experience riding a scooter and maxi scooter are a big help.  If you watch out you wil not have any problems, IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, idman said:

My Xmax zips through traffic here in Chiang Mai as easily as my previous PCX 150.  Of course my years of experience riding a scooter and maxi scooter are a big help.  If you watch out you wil not have any problems, IMO.

The Xmax has fallen into the toilet now that the new Forza is out -- absolutely no comparison between the two; how another Yamaha can become totally outdated in such a short time. I expect that there is or soon will be horrendous regret from those people with "years of experience" who were so foolish to buy an Xmax before waiting for the new Forza -- the tears are falling like rain. I expect that there will be all kinds of responses (excuses) from "proud" Xmax owners trying to justify their huge mistake, but we should pity them rather than blame them, as such justification is normal in the face of such an irreversible (and obvious) blunder. Oh well, better luck (and foresight) next time. My new Forza is on order and will be delivered in a few weeks -- "thank God!" I didn't succumb to the temptation to buy a Xmax, just because it was available.  :wai:

• Haha 2

The Xmax has fallen into the toilet now that the new Forza is out -- absolutely no comparison between the two; how another Yamaha can become totally outdated in such a short time. I expect that there is or soon will be horrendous regret from those people with "years of experience" who were so foolish to buy an Xmax before waiting for the new Forza -- the tears are falling like rain. I expect that there will be all kinds of responses (excuses) from "proud" Xmax owners trying to justify their huge mistake, but we should pity them rather than blame them, as such justification is normal in the face of such an irreversible (and obvious) blunder. Oh well, better luck (and foresight) next time. My new Forza is on order and will be delivered in a few weeks -- "thank God!" I didn't succumb to the temptation to buy a Xmax, just because it was available.  :wai:

You have driven the Forza I assume? I have just seen the Forza in my local showroom, looks very nice but is it better than the Xmax, that is a matter if opinion, it looks complicated and I would be worried about the competency of the I don't know a lot mechanics at the small Honda dealers, Xmax does look simpler! 

I very much doubt Xmax owners will be upset as the Xmax is amazing!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app