Multi O-A Retirement Visa at Los Angeles Consulate

The Royal Thai Consulate in Los Angeles requires that the Bank Account Verification letters, the Medical Certification Form, and the Police Background Check all be notarized when applying for the O-A visa. For those who have used the LA consulate, how did you get the police check report notarized? I know how to get the other two notarized, but I am uncertain about the background check. I appreciate any insight.

What you can do is have them notarize it to be an exact copy.....otherwise, they would just be notarizing your signature on something g that didn't require your signature...but I know someone that used that method.  Google true and exact notary in California....some states don't do it...Virginia does, but thankfully they acknowledged it was malarkey.

4 hours ago, DoktorC said:
The Royal Thai Consulate in Los Angeles requires that the Bank Account Verification letters, the Medical Certification Form, and the Police Background Check all be notarized when applying for the O-A visa. For those who have used the LA consulate, how did you get the police check report notarized? I know how to get the other two notarized, but I am uncertain about the background check. I appreciate any insight.

In WA state I can go on line via the WA state patrol website. For $10 they will send me a notarized copy, which usually arrives in a week.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

10 days ago I got my O-A Multi Visa from the LA Consulate.  For the following forms: Income Verification, Police Clearance(Background) and Medical Certificate I had a Notary Public attache a "Jurat" or "Sworn Affidavit" to each of the three forms.  The consulate accepted all three forms as I had prepared them. 

• Like 1

10 days ago I got my O-A Multi Visa from the LA Consulate.  For the following forms: Income Verification, Police Clearance(Background) and Medical Certificate I had a Notary Public attache a "Jurat" or "Sworn Affidavit" to each of the three forms.  The consulate accepted all three forms as I had prepared them. 

I do the same except that I just use a single form.

1 hour ago, SpokaneAl said:

I do the same except that I just use a single form.

That's even better than doing the notarized true copy method...which you may be forced to do in some states.  DO they stamp each original?  This actually comes up a lot..so it would be nice to get a most accurate account...might save some people from commuter Hell in LA.  A friend has done it twice in the last few years in LA, and he just signed each document, and they notarized his signature.

That's even better than doing the notarized true copy method...which you may be forced to do in some states.  DO they stamp each original?  This actually comes up a lot..so it would be nice to get a most accurate account...might save some people from commuter Hell in LA.  A friend has done it twice in the last few years in LA, and he just signed each document, and they notarized his signature.

The notary is merely notarizing, via verifying, to the best of their ability that I am who I say I am as I sign that single document in their presence. They are rendering no opinion nor validation of any documents and the information in the documents.

LA just wants to see an official stamp, like a notary stamp, somewhere amongst the submitted paperwork. The DC and NY consulates backed off this requirement several years ago (realizing it meant nothing in terms of document authenticity). Just too bad O-A applications are now geographically specific. You used to be able to submit to DC from anywhere in the US.

• Like 1