May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

21 minutes ago, aright said:

I forgive you then.  I actually live in Brid............ "149" Best fish and chips in the world. 

17 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Very slightly off topic but maybe they will serve these up at TMs negotiations so that brings it back on thread subject.

Before it was 149 it was utter cr*p as a Chinese fish and chip shop.

Now it's gone from worst to best.

9 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Very slightly off topic but maybe they will serve these up at TMs negotiations so that brings it back on thread subject.

Before it was 149 it was utter cr*p as a Chinese fish and chip shop.

Now it's gone from worst to best.

The Mayor of London recently entertained the Mayor of Chicago at Fish! Borough Market (which has a mention in the fish and chips awards), but they probably only discussed Brexit in passing. Nice place and nice Plaice. http://www.fishboroughmarket.com/

12 minutes ago, Flustered said:

I think if people stood back and looked at the issue, we would all be on the same side.

The majority of the UK did not like  the way the EU was going and this is not just about immigration, but the general direction. Also, I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who agreed with the way the EU was run with an unelected bunch of bureaucrats making most of the decisions.

All Cameron had to do was to persuade Frau (Dr) Merkel that we needed a bone (even a small bone would have done) but she said NEIN, which looking at her up bringing and education is not surprising. Given this, it was obvious (to some of us) that regardless of how the cases were put forward, the result would be to come out of the EU. The smallest of bones would have meant that Cameron could go to the country with a success story instead of  "The EU will not entertain any amendment to the way we interact with them". The EU only have themselves to blame for their current situation while we have David Cameron to blame for ours.

Now TM, by putting on the PMs hat, has placed herself firmly in the firing line. All the Remainers are doing is helping the EUs case by causing conflict here in the UK. If the UK public and the UK media pulled together, we could negotiate a tremendous deal for the UK but with the Remainers helping the EU, it will be at best a fudged result and at worst, no result. Forget the Cable and his "Brexit will not happen". He lives in his own little LibDem fairy land. And if anyone thinks that Tony Blair will come riding in on a big white horse to save the day, you need therapy.

Sad, but the future of the UK is mainly in the hands of the Remainers. Support Brexit and do well or continue to mess in your own back yard and suffer the consequences. You may not like the fact we are coming out, but we are. If we do badly, we only have the Remainers to blame.

Anyway, now some quality down time (no not another 3 day holiday) cutting my lawns (sitting on a JDX350)  before the rain tomorrow.

Such is life on Planet Blame.

I think if people stood back and looked at the issue, we would all be on the same side.

The majority of the UK did not like  the way the EU was going and this is not just about immigration, but the general direction. Also, I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who agreed with the way the EU was run with an unelected bunch of bureaucrats making most of the decisions.

All Cameron had to do was to persuade Frau (Dr) Merkel that we needed a bone (even a small bone would have done) but she said NEIN, which looking at her up bringing and education is not surprising. Given this, it was obvious (to some of us) that regardless of how the cases were put forward, the result would be to come out of the EU. The smallest of bones would have meant that Cameron could go to the country with a success story instead of  "The EU will not entertain any amendment to the way we interact with them". The EU only have themselves to blame for their current situation while we have David Cameron to blame for ours.

Now TM, by putting on the PMs hat, has placed herself firmly in the firing line. All the Remainers are doing is helping the EUs case by causing conflict here in the UK. If the UK public and the UK media pulled together, we could negotiate a tremendous deal for the UK but with the Remainers helping the EU, it will be at best a fudged result and at worst, no result. Forget the Cable and his "Brexit will not happen". He lives in his own little LibDem fairy land. And if anyone thinks that Tony Blair will come riding in on a big white horse to save the day, you need therapy.

Sad, but the future of the UK is mainly in the hands of the Remainers. Support Brexit and do well or continue to mess in your own back yard and suffer the consequences. You may not like the fact we are coming out, but we are. If we do badly, we only have the Remainers to blame.

Anyway, now some quality down time (no not another 3 day holiday) cutting my lawns (sitting on a JDX350)  before the rain tomorrow.

Yeah yeah we want this we want that because we are special. All the U.K. has done for 40 years is moan, complain and demand special treatment. Not surprised the EU have said enough is enough, no more bones. So far I have seen no sign of the EU imploding as is the the wish of the Brexiteers just because the U.K. Is leaving, on the contrary I believe it will thrive without the moaners ( see what I did there)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

Yeah yeah we want this we want that because we are special. All the U.K. has done for 40 years is moan, complain and demand special treatment. Not surprised the EU have said enough is enough, no more bones. So far I have seen no sign of the EU imploding as is the the wish of the Brexiteers just because the U.K. Is leaving, on the contrary I believe it will thrive without the moaners ( see what I did there)

Hopefully, people like you will go and live in the EU where you can enjoy the Brussels one size fits all life and leave the UK to those who appreciate it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

Are you from the planet Merkel and from where I'm sitting the UK decided to leave the EU, not the other way around as you suggest. The only moaning I can see is the remainers who haven't got their own way. Why should the brexiters moan when we are leaving, we are very happy to leave Germany and its subordinate hanger-ons.

BTW, I didn't see what you did there, do you know what you did there?

• Like 1

Are you from the planet Merkel and from where I'm sitting the UK decided to leave the EU, not the other way around as you suggest. The only moaning I can see is the remainers who haven't got their own way. Why should the brexiters moan when we are leaving, we are very happy to leave Germany and its subordinate hanger-ons.
BTW, I didn't see what you did there, do you know what you did there?

Are you from planet illiterate? I said that the U.K. has moaned for 40 years regarding the EU. I never said anything about Brexiteers moaning now. And yes the U.K. decided to leave but all I hear from the EU is hurry up and get out soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

Are you from planet illiterate? I said that the U.K. has moaned for 40 years regarding the EU. I never said anything about Brexiteers moaning now. And yes the U.K. decided to leave but all I hear from the EU is hurry up and get out soon.

No I am not from the planet illiterate, directions please.

6 hours ago, aright said:

I think so

Nelson: "Order the signal, Hardy."

Hardy: "Aye, aye sir."

Nelson: "Hold on, that's not what I dictated to Flags. What's the
meaning of this?"

Hardy: "Sorry sir?"

Nelson (reading aloud): "'England expects every person to do his or
her duty, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious
persuasion or disability.' - What gobbledegook is this?"

Hardy: "Admiralty policy, I'm afraid, sir. We're an equal
opportunities employer now. We had the devil's own job getting
'England' past the censors, lest it be considered racist."

Nelson: "Gadzooks, Hardy. Hand me my pipe and tobacco."

Hardy: "Sorry sir. All naval vessels have now been designated
smoke-free working environments."

Nelson: "In that case, break open the rum ration. Let us splice the
mainbrace to steel the men before battle."

Hardy: "The rum ration has been abolished, Admiral. Its part of the
Government's policy on binge drinking."

Nelson: "Good heavens, Hardy. I suppose we'd better get on with it.
Full speed ahead."

Hardy: "I think you'll find that there's a 4 knots speed limit in
this stretch of water."

Nelson: "Damn it man! We are on the eve of the greatest sea battle
in history. We must advance with all dispatch. Report from the
crow's nest please."

Hardy: "That won't be possible, sir."

Nelson: "What?"

Hardy: "Health and Safety have closed the crow's nest, sir. No
harness and they said that rope ladders don't meet regulations. They
won't let anyone up there until a proper scaffolding can be erected."

Nelson: "Then get me the ship's carpenter without delay, Hardy."

Hardy: "He's busy knocking up a wheelchair access to the fo'c'sle
Admiral."

Nelson: "Wheelchair access? I've never heard anything so absurd."

Hardy: "Health and safety again, sir. We have to provide a
barrier-free environment for the differently abled."

Nelson: "Differently abled? I've only one arm and one eye and I
refuse even to hear mention of the word. I didn't rise to the rank
of admiral by playing the disability card."

Hardy: "Actually, sir, you did. The Royal Navy is under represented
in the areas of visual impairment and limb deficiency."

Nelson: "Whatever next? Give me full sail. The salt spray beckons."

Hardy: "A couple of problems there too, sir. Health and safety won't
let the crew up the rigging without hard hats. And they don't want
anyone breathing in too much salt - haven't you seen the adverts?"

Nelson: "I've never heard such infamy. Break out the cannon and tell
the men to stand by to engage the enemy."

Hardy: "The men are a bit worried about shooting at anyone, Admiral."

Nelson: "What? This is mutiny!"

Hardy: "It's not that, sir. It's just that they're afraid of being
charged with murder if they actually kill anyone. There's a couple
of legal-aid lawyers on board, watching everyone like hawks."

Nelson: "Then how are we to sink the Frenchies and the Spanish?"

Hardy: "Actually, sir, we're not."

Nelson: "We're not?"

Hardy: "No, sir. The French and the Spanish are our European
partners now. According to the Common Fisheries Policy, we shouldn't
even be in this stretch of water. We could get hit with a claim for
compensation."

Nelson: "But you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil."

Hardy: "I wouldn't let the ship's diversity co-ordinator hear you
saying that sir. You'll be up on disciplinary report."

Nelson: "You must consider every man an enemy, who speaks ill of
your King."

Hardy: "Not any more, sir. We must be inclusive in this
multicultural age. Now put on your Kevlar vest; it's the rules. It
could save your life"

Nelson: "Don't tell me - health and safety. Whatever happened to
rum, sodomy and the lash?"

Hardy: As I explained, sir, rum is off the menu! And there's a ban
on corporal punishment."

Nelson: "What about sodomy?"

Hardy: "I believe that is now legal, sir."

Nelson: "In that case......... kiss me, Hardy!"

Splendid stuff! 

I'm feeling a little better after that!

Now, if the mods have sense of humour they will delete a few earlier posts (probably mine ?) so that you can have a place on page 555 as you surely deserve! Well done sir!

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Why is there a lemon on the fish? Did they put malt vinegar in the gin?

Peasants! They know nowt!

Look at the batter; <deleted>!

Not even cod!

And them chips need a bit of sun! Too mean for a second go in t' 'ot fat?

29 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Why is there a lemon on the fish? Did they put malt vinegar in the gin?

Peasants! They know nowt!

Look at the batter; <deleted>!

Not even cod!

And them chips need a bit of sun! Too mean for a second go in t' 'ot fat?

looks odd on those photos

thought proper f&c was served wrapped in newspapers (except FT) dripping with fat, vinegar and printing ink

Edited by melvinmelvin
  • Like 1

On 17/07/2017 at 3:03 PM, Grouse said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-german-politicians-irish-british-disgrace-farcical-a7843526.html

Are European friends are sniggering about our lack of preparedness. 

May and her little band of negotiators aren't ready for any kind of talks about Brexit.

Total incompetence. Embarrassing.

What is the alternative  , do we have any viable  options ?. 

What about  Blair , being resurrected from the dead , as the new Jehovah .

Please ,  keep us informed , via the Guardian downloads . 555

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, elliss said:

What is the alternative  , do we have any viable  options ?. 

What about  Blair , being resurrected from the dead , as the new Jehovah .

Please ,  keep us informed , via the Guardian downloads . 555

Heads in sand is undoubtedly the best way to go. http://tinyurl.com/yanxkpe3 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Unfortunately, not the sort of news the Remainers want to hear so expect some moaning and groaning from them.

• Like 1