May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

£1 = 1.11 euro. Shot up? :shock1:

Went to 1.16 to the USD just because Draghi commented that the ECB might stop printing/bond buying and raise rates next year. Mouths move markets. If they raise rates then Italy will go pop!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I read the comments there.

Unbelievable what hate, has accumulated itself in 40 years of European partnership. Ignoring the fact that the UK has played a part in shaping this eu politics over 40 years. Some comments have real hitler level there.

always trust the Express for well balanced presentations of "news"

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

always trust the Express for well balanced presentations of "news"

Yes I agree a lot of the comments are very much over the top nasty and anti EU but the same kind of comments can be found in the guardian or independent comments section..albeit nasty anti UK brexit comments.  It's the main story in the express that's a turning point and credible one at that.

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Went to 1.16 to the USD just because Draghi commented that the ECB might stop printing/bond buying and raise rates next year. Mouths move markets. If they raise rates then Italy will go pop!

He actually made dovish comments yesterday regarding tapering down but the traders don't believe him, I trust the traders, they have money in the game

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He actually made dovish comments yesterday regarding tapering down but the traders don't believe him, I trust the traders, they have money in the game

The day I trust a trader is the day we are all finished.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Actually, even though I was born in the north of England I have lived in many countries and cities, London included. I have never had any issues, as I was brought up with manners and never found any people hostile. If that was an attempt at humour OK. If it wasn't then it failed.

You might not be pleased that I used to wear one of these:

corbyn hat.jpg

2 minutes ago, jpinx said:

Cameron was, and still is, at fault for misleading the house, is own party and the country - he's never even apologised....  That's fact and not blame unless you have those two things in the same part of your head ;)   The blame-game is just another aspect of the divisive politics which the UK is saddled with and it's been holding back and distorting the political landscape of UK in many ways  - not only this latest spat about Brexit.   

Barnier seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder about UK - not only about Brexit.  He has happily taken on the role of goading the UK's team into making silly mistakes by making unhelpful and downright incorrect statements.  It's a shame the UK's team leader is not strong enough to respond in kind and stop the flow of bile.  One wonders if Barniers tactic is to run the negotiations out of time.

yeah right. let's ask Cameron to say sorry.....that should fix it. Now, moving on, it is not silly mistakes, it is exposure of contradictory policy that is happening on the UK side. The EU team sounding more frustrated and bemused as to what the UK actually wants. And we are not particularly clear about that either.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

The predicted collapse of the Euro is not going to happen in the short term.

The German pocket battleship Merkel is not about to sink.

The pound has lost 2% against the Euro THIS WEEK! Well done our brave Brexiteers!

Cue Pugwash......

Euro collapse, no, not short term.

The SS Merkel only has a slight list for now.

The pound has lost 2% against the Euro in 3 days but most of that's on sentiment after Draghi spoke. 

28 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Agree entirely about Cameron and this man should have ordered the creation of an exit plan in case of a leave vote way before the referendum. It's no good blaming anyone else. The whole thing was and is his absolute responsibility.

I think that you will find in the final outcome that David Davis will prove to be stronger than Barmier. But he has a lot of people to fight at the same time and he could have done without one hand tied behind his back. 

Uh OK then. So now we have it. David Davis is the last man standing this week in shining armour. Theresa May ever-so slightly worn and a little bit discarded by the Hard Brexiteers it looks like. Yes, carry on!

Edited by SheungWan

10 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Uh OK then. So now we have it. David Davis is the last man standing this week in shining armour. Theresa May ever-so slightly worn and a little bit discarded by the Hard Brexiteers it looks like. Yes, carry on!

............and the only thing the remainers want is to not leave the EU - at any price ;)  

Politics is always about money and power -- it's got diddly-squat to do with what's good for the country

Edited by jpinx
  • Like 1

Yes please, we can but hope,

There’ll be an ‘EXPLOSION’ Barnier warns of EU meltdown if Britain doesn't pay Brexit bill

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/831064/Brexit-news-Michel-Barnier-EU-meltdown-Britain-refuses-pay-divorce-bill

Never ceases to amaze me that Brexiteers continue to wish the worse for the EU. What is this obsession about? The U.K is leaving, what do you care what happens to the EU?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

Far from it, IMO, as a Bexiteer I wish all European countries well and hope they prosper - I hope we all do.

I hate the EU and it's autocrats but  love Europe.

A serious question. What have these autocrats ever done to you to bring out such a strong feeling as hate?

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Sorry, but can you be more specific about which areas the UK negotiating team is not clear on, and why they're not clear? On migration and residency they've been perfectly  clear. On the ridiculous exit bill they've been perfectly clear, and have asked for a detailed breakdown, which the EU is unable to provide. The soft border in Ireland, we've not heard too much on specifics from either side. And the EU won't discuss trade until the first three are out of the way.

is that piece " unable to provide a breakdown/itemised bill " substantiated?

sounds rather odd if they cannot provide that

1 hour ago, Johnyo said:

Never ceases to amaze me that Brexiteers continue to wish the worse for the EU. What is this obsession about? The U.K is leaving, what do you care what happens to the EU?

Sounds like if the hard 'sovereignty' Brexit dreamed off by so many happened (beleive me it won't - money and power and big business will trump the Brexit means Brexit crowd - it's always  about 'the economy stupid' as Bill Clinton remarked) then the financial calamity that would inevitably ensue will be blamed on those who counselled against it.

It's getting softer by the day which is exactly as it should be common sense prevailing at last. If I was a hard brexiteer now 's the time to get your betrayal arguments polished up and out of the traps !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Sounds like if the hard 'sovereignty' Brexit dreamed off by so many happened (beleive me it won't - money and power and big business will trump the Brexit means Brexit crowd - it's always  about 'the economy stupid' as Bill Clinton remarked) then the financial calamity that would inevitably ensue will be blamed on those who counselled against it.

It's getting softer by the day which is exactly as it should be common sense prevailing at last. If I was a hard brexiteer now 's the time to get your betrayal arguments polished up and out of the traps !

Didn't you flounce a couple of days ago?

• Like 1

Just now, Khun Han said:

Didn't you flounce a couple of days ago?

I did you're right calmed down now by all the good news starting to come out of the talks - words such a compromise , transition , extension which if my instincts are correct that the vast majority of the political and business class have no appetite for economic suicide then this is how the game will be played from now on. What I like to think as as Brexit doesn't really mean Brexit.