May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

On 10/29/2017 at 9:06 PM, wakeupplease said:

For those who still want to stay in, go back to the UK and start paying taxes so we can pay your money to the EU, when you do that which you will not I may think again.

Only the delusional think that expats do not have to pay tax. Out of that tax 0.6% goes to the EU and 5% to finance the national debt, a debt that leavers are quite prepared to push through the roof. Brexit means brexit, at any cost.

• Like 1

A bit like driving on the M25, acceleration is not an option.

The British government and EU negotiators have still not scheduled any more rounds of official Brexit talks despite nearly a fortnight having elapsed since Theresa May and Jean-Clade Juncker called for an “acceleration” of progress.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-michel-barnier-nick-clegg-uk-remainers-brussels-meeting-talks-deadlock-theresa-may-eu-a8027431.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, adammike said:

The Dutch newspaper de telegraaf is claiming that 40 conservative MPs have signed a letter of no confidence in Theresa May,if that's true that's enough to force a leadership fight.de telegraaf is a rag. 

Hopefully a good move if true. What we need is a Britexit P.M. who will abide with the wishes of the British electorate. Initially I was all for a negotiated agreement with the E.U.  But now it’s become obvious that the tinpot dictators in Brussels are intent on making an example of the U.K, so as to deter any other member of this so called union from gaining their independence.

OUT NOW

4EFF2681-6F80-4A70-B7FB-C1E8B2C1A303.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, adammike said:

The Dutch newspaper de telegraaf is claiming that 40 conservative MPs have signed a letter of no confidence in Theresa May,if that's true that's enough to force a leadership fight.de telegraaf is a rag. 

Original article is from Sunday Times. 48 MP's needed for leadership change.

Edited by whatsupdoc

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

50 Billion per year! 

Great idea!

But, we've still got us health...

Health is important but not as important as sanity.

Sanity , of course, is a mental health issue which sad to say defines some Remainers since it is something they don't recognise let alone understand, it's part of their psychosis.   :smile:

1 hour ago, aright said:

Health is important but not as important as sanity.

Sanity , of course, is a mental health issue which sad to say defines some Remainers since it is something they don't recognise let alone understand, it's part of their psychosis.   :smile:

Did you understand my comment? Come on now, if you didn't quite understand, I can write it slower for you ?

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Hopefully a good move if true. What we need is a Britexit P.M. who will abide with the wishes of the British electorate. Initially I was all for a negotiated agreement with the E.U.  But now it’s become obvious that the tinpot dictators in Brussels are intent on making an example of the U.K, so as to deter any other member of this so called union from gaining their independence.

OUT NOW

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

4EFF2681-6F80-4A70-B7FB-C1E8B2C1A303.jpeg

You do not know the wishes of the British electorate. All we know is that a majority of the people who voted in a referendum 18 months ago were fools. It's not going to happen. May will be led to the knackers yard by the end of the year. There will be a general election soon after. Right now, except for Spreadsheet, we have a government of morons. Take Boris and Gove - as far away as possible.

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Did you understand my comment? Come on now, if you didn't quite understand, I can write it slower for you ?

You do not know the wishes of the British electorate. All we know is that a majority of the people who voted in a referendum 18 months ago were fools. It's not going to happen. May will be led to the knackers yard by the end of the year. There will be a general election soon after. Right now, except for Spreadsheet, we have a government of morons. Take Boris and Gove - as far away as possible.

"All we know is that a majority of the people who voted in a referendum 18 months ago were fools."

We're all so grateful for your superior intelligence continually posting that all those voting brexit are fools/idiots....

You're becoming more strident with these insulting terms - why?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"All we know is that a majority of the people who voted in a referendum 18 months ago were fools."

We're all so grateful for your superior intelligence continually posting that all those voting brexit are fools/idiots....

You're becoming more strident with these insulting terms - why?

Because it is now obvious that it's a foolish move and the Cons are becoming more strident ( good word that ), shrill even.

You must be able to see their plot? Surely?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Because it is now obvious that it's a foolish move and the Cons are becoming more strident ( good word that ), shrill even.

You must be able to see their plot? Surely?

What the hell are you talking about - the Cons are all over the place as they try to find a way to reconcile the brexit vote with their own, personal interests....

You must be able to see that, surely?

Having said that, I'm not sure which of us is the most pissed :sad:.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

What the hell are you talking about - the Cons are all over the place as they try to find a way to reconcile the brexit vote with their own, personal interests....

I don't think you see the evil plot even now?

23 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Great cartoon but massively incorrect

And now we know why

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Garrison

The man is trump supporting American!

and????

At the moment I am in Pattaya watching the march past the Cenotaph in London. Along line of men and women who fought bravely  for their country's freedom. Makes me proud and reminds me of something....wonder what that could be.

I'm off to find a bar and anyone wearing a poppy will get a drink.

Goodnight all!

Edited by aright
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Oh no please don't bring the I'm more pissed than you thing into these brexit threads.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Because he has been insulting those of us who voted FOR Brexit for so long, he has no other responses. He is like one of Pavlovs dogs when the bell rings, though in his case, it is when anyone mentions anything pro-Brexit.

Did I hear a bell ring? Or is it tinitus?

8 hours ago, nontabury said:

OUT NOW

Loose translation: "Initially I really wasn't a headbanger but I certainly am one now."

27 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

re sums it up, received this from a friend:

Dave Davis is at the golf club returning his locker key when Mr Barnier the membership secretary sees him.

"Hello Mr Davis," says Mr Barnier. "I'm sorry to hear you are no longer renewing your club membership, if you would like to come to my office we can settle your account."

"I have settled my bar bill," says Mr Davis.

"Ah yes Mr Davis," says Mr Barnier, "but there are other matters that need settlement."

In Mr Barniers office Mr Davis explains that he has settled his bar bill so wonders what else he can possibly owe the Golf Club? "Well Mr Davis," begins Mr Barnier. "You did agree to buy one of our Club
Jackets."

"Yes," agrees Mr Davis. "I did agree to buy a jacket but I haven't received it yet. As soon as you supply the jacket I will send you a cheque for the full amount."

"That will not be possible," explains Mr Barnier. "As you are no longer a club member you will not be entitled to buy one of our jackets!"

"But you still want me to pay for it,"  exclaims Mr Davis.

"Yes," says Mr Barnier. "That will be £500 for the jacket. There is also your bar bill."

"But I've already settled my bar bill." says Mr Davis.

"Yes," says Mr Barnier, "but as you can appreciate, we need to place our orders from the Brewery in advance to ensure our bar is properly stocked." "You regularly used to spend at least £50 a week in the bar so we have placed orders with the brewery accordingly for the coming year." "You therefore owe us £2600 for the year."

"Will you still allow me to have these drinks?" asks Mr Davis. "No of course not Mr Davis. You are no longer a club member!" says Mr Barnier.

"Next is your restaurant bill," continues Mr Barnier. "In the same manner we have to make arrangements in advance with our catering suppliers. Your average restaurant bill was in the order of £300 a
month, so we'll require payment of £3600 for the next year."

"I don't suppose you'll be letting me have these meals either?" asks Mr Davis.

"No, of course not," says an irritated Mr Barnier "You are no longer a club member!"

"Then of course," Mr Barnier continues, "there are repairs to the clubhouse roof."

"Clubhouse roof,” exclaims Mr Davis. "What's that got to do with me?"

"Well it still needs to be repaired and the builders are coming in next week, your share of the bill is £2000."

"I see," says Mr Davis, "anything else?"

"Now you mention it" says Mr Barnier, "there is Fred the Barman's pension. We would like you to pay £5 a week towards Fred's pension when he retires next month. He's not well you know so I doubt we'll need to ask you for payment for longer than about five years, so £1300
should do it. This brings your total bill to £10,000," says Mr Barnier. "Let me get this straight," says Mr Davis. "You want me to pay £500 for a jacket you won't let me have, £2600 for beverages you won't let me drink and £3600 for food you won't let me eat, all under a roof I won't be allowed under and not served by a bloke who's going to retire next month!"

"Yes, it's all perfectly clear and quite reasonable," says Mr Barnier.

"Piss off!" says Mr Davis

Now we understand what Brexit is all about.

If your friend is the author of this, he should be doing it for a living :thumbsup:.

Edited to add that I just realised that your friend's meme jogged my memory of who Barnier reminds me of: Rene out of 'Allo Allo'.

Edited by Khun Han