May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

15 hours ago, nauseus said:

The UK system is more democratic although it obviously could be improved. At least each individual minister has to first qualify as an MP via election by a constituency. This "nominating", "choosing" and "approving" of low-level candidates for high-level (power)  commission positions is the main problem with this so-called democratic EU system. When has the EU parliament ever rejected a nominee? What happened when Cameron tried to reject Juncker for commission president? A quick look at the commissioners past and present shows what a joke this EU system is.  

I have never made out that the EU administration is ideal only pointing out that the UK is not much better. There is no dispute that selection of the UK EU commissioner is "Jobs for the Boys", is this really the sort of integrity that people find acceptable of an elected UK government. If you like a joke, look a bit closer to home.

At the end of the day, people should never forget how Apache, Sioux, Comanche etc became the most powerful nation in the world, despite what many may think, the USA did not originate from a single entity.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

And a very merry Xmas to you too bert! Actually not sad at all, I use forums like Thaivisa as a break from all the other stuff that I'm doing, today it's repairing a bridge in the garden to I've got to wait until a decent hour before cutting steel. And the Mrs/ has gone to work, it's just another day in Thailand.

I'm impressed, that's good style..but I hope the work will be completed, at least, to EU minimum standards. I've got a hole in the ceiling, but I'm working by Thai standards, ie. 'Sod it, do it later'.

• Like 2

On 24/12/2017 at 10:07 AM, simoh1490 said:

Yes and yes (as in more factual than the alternatives), and it's been proven endless times, several times in this thread regarding the degree to which tabloids present nonsense news that is wholly unreliable or worse - Bild is of the same ilk.

Really? And what newspapers do I read then? I am sure that you have a far better idea than I do.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I have no idea, I mentioned Bild, the German paper, not Billd.

So you did.

My sincere apologies to you.

I quickly scanned the post and got it completely wrong.

:sorry:

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

What a load of piffle, he needs to get a proper job.

So you’re saying that being a M.E.P is not a proper job.

I could not agree with you more. And thankfully in the near future,we will not have to shoulder their costs.

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 2

Just now, nontabury said:

I could not agree with you more. And thankfully in the near future,we will not have the shoulder their costs.

I'm saying he's talking a bunch of piffle and is clearly not suited to the job he's in.

15 hours ago, nontabury said:

I could not agree with you more. And thankfully in the near future,we will not have to shoulder their costs.

MEP sitting in the European Parliament cost three times as much as Westminster MPs at a price tag of £1.79 million each a year. Nice work if you can get it.

I am having a  Brexit free day. Can I wish my many friends in Thailand the very best of Christmases.

I tried to tie together Christmas and Thailand without too much success but have found my favourite carol done by the Macau Orchestra...as close as I can get but never the less a very good rendition of Rutters work.

A Merry Christmas to everyone....Have a great day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Grouse said:

Traditional Northern English monologue for your enjoyment!

It was Christmas Day in the workhouse
The one day of the year
The Brexiters hearts were happy
Their bellies full of beer
Then in strode the Workhouse Master
Within those stony walls
He cried: 'A Merry Christmas'
The Brexiters anwered 'Balls'
This enraged the Workhouse Master
Who swore by all his gods
You'll have no Christmas pudding 
You load of rotten sods
Then up stood one old Brexiter
His face as bold as brass
'We don't want your Christmas pudding
You can stuff it up your arse'.

?

Grouse is a poet and did'nt know it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, talahtnut said:

MEP sitting in the European Parliament cost three times as much as Westminster MPs at a price tag of £1.79 million each a year. Nice work if you can get it.

Now that's what I call piffle! :smile:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nauseus said:

More piffle.

And even more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5184815/Nigel-Farage-reveals-price-paid-Brexit.html

Particularly, read the parts about gin, whiskey, smoking in hospitals, mortgage.

All inbedded in pretention, moaning, low self esteem, me against the wicked world, white knightism, and other brexiteer traits.

How can "they" be so cruel to such a nice man?

23 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

And even more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5184815/Nigel-Farage-reveals-price-paid-Brexit.html

Particularly, read the parts about gin, whiskey, smoking in hospitals, mortgage.

All inbedded in pretention, moaning, low self esteem, me against the wicked world, white knightism, and other brexiteer traits.

How can "they" be so cruel to such a nice man?

They're all like that in Chelsea.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just beat me to it , great news ,but then we knew it all along , unlike the Remoaners who must be having a breakdown ,trying to see how they can spin it , Bet you wont hear this on the BBC or in the Guardian , one of which begs for donations to keep going and the other who just takes it off you in tax ,or they would go broke like the Guardian .

Bert, you disappoint me, it's already spun, you haven't read the post fully have you!

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

More piffle.

You're taken with the word I see, it does have a certain, "roll off the tongue" feel to it does it not. As in Brexit Piffle, which sounds like some kind of breakfast cereal, I'd like a nice big bowl of Brexit Piffle, please!