What's Going On With ThaiExpat TV?

Greenside

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have Premium Expat TV and there are no sports available, the only movies are old Sky Movies, I thought their sister company is 365 sports, which is another 600-900 baht?

I did some more research on expat tv but due to the fact there's no sport I belive it to be well over priced. I have pulse tv and get all the sports chanels from Sky and Mio 1 to 7 for all live EPL matches. however expat tv has the 7 day catch up where as pulse tv only has 24 hrs.  But again pulse has on demand movies all free and a good selection. the 24 hr catch up suits me fine and the price 10000 for the year is good value as you get there box free which I use in bedroom whilst using my trusted android box I've had for a few years in front room.  you can have 4 devices attached to your account. which I made full use of over in laos earlier this month.

52 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Their sister company Premium Expat TV has all the sport, movies and Discovery/History stuff for about 800b a month and a week catchup. Coupled with the basic Thai Expat TV service it's perfect for us.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Hi JTB, I'm a little confused, I have just looked on the internet at Expat TV, is this the same company as Thai Expat TV? Can I ask you if they have BBC1, 2, 3, ITV, and all the usual UK channels?

21 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I did some more research on expat tv but due to the fact there's no sport I belive it to be well over priced. I have pulse tv and get all the sports chanels from Sky and Mio 1 to 7 for all live EPL matches. however expat tv has the 7 day catch up where as pulse tv only has 24 hrs.  But again pulse has on demand movies all free and a good selection. the 24 hr catch up suits me fine and the price 10000 for the year is good value as you get there box free which I use in bedroom whilst using my trusted android box I've had for a few years in front room.  you can have 4 devices attached to your account. which I made full use of over in laos earlier this month.

Hi dit, I am wondering if we are confusing Thai Expat TV with Expat TV? Looking at their channel selection they don't list BBC1 ITV etc etc. Movies are not a problem for me as I can watch all the movies I need on Kodi Exodus, however to have Sky Sports and UK TV would be all I require. 24hrs is not a problem on catch up either. How long have you had Pulse and have you suffered any set backs with it? It looks like when my current membership expires with Thai Expat TV I may move to pulse.

Edited by vogie

8 hours ago, vogie said:

Hi dit, I am wondering if we are confusing Thai Expat TV with Expat TV? Looking at their channel selection they don't list BBC1 ITV etc etc. Movies are not a problem for me as I can watch all the movies I need on Kodi Exodus, however to have Sky Sports and UK TV would be all I require. 24hrs is not a problem on catch up either. How long have you had Pulse and have you suffered any set backs with it? It looks like when my current membership expires with Thai Expat TV I may move to pulse.

Have looked at both still expensive. been with pulse tv for 4 months now suffered only one set back and that was sorted within 2 hrs. turns out I had mistakenly set the wrong server when on the menu. Other than that I am extremely pleased with them easy to navigate menu option. (I use a USB mouse on the android box.) and as stated a great selection of chanels. I use Kodi to for films and old TV series via turku and phoenix. (and other add ons) films on pulse are pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Have looked at both still expensive. been with pulse tv for 4 months now suffered only one set back and that was sorted within 2 hrs. turns out I had mistakenly set the wrong server when on the menu. Other than that I am extremely pleased with them easy to navigate menu option. (I use a USB mouse on the android box.) and as stated a great selection of chanels. I use Kodi to for films and old TV series via turku and phoenix. (and other add ons) films on pulse are pretty good.

When you say "Android Box", is that the box they provide? I spoke to a guy called Andy on their website to enquire about their services and he wss very helpful.

21 minutes ago, vogie said:

When you say "Android Box", is that the box they provide? I spoke to a guy called Andy on their website to enquire about their services and he wss very helpful.

Yes the box they supply is a decent box.  Andy is good he sorted my little problem out. I already have an android box which is a higher spec than what pulse provide. so I downloaded pulse tv on to that one I use in main room and there box I use in bedroom via wifi again no problems

32 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Yes the box they supply is a decent box.  Andy is good he sorted my little problem out. I already have an android box which is a higher spec than what pulse provide. so I downloaded pulse tv on to that one I use in main room and there box I use in bedroom via wifi again no problems

Good to know, will definately be changing to Pulse when my ThaiExpat membership finishes in January, thanks for the info.

You can sign up with Thai Expat TV for a 2 day free trial run.  It has BBC 1,2,4 and BBC world News.  Also 2 x kids BBC TV channels.

In addition  they have about 4 or 5 ITV channels, a movie channel of about 8 films each day, Aussie ABC and English NHK (Japan) and a new channel by the name of 'Yesterday' dealing with documentaries, history, travel.

• 1 month later...

Not keen on the Thai Expat TV mail us for channel list thing.  Prefer to be able to see up front what they offer.  Easier to compare.  Not much on Thai Expat that appeals for the price for me.  Think I'd choose Pulse if I was going that route.  Other than news though I watch very little live TV so I'm not sure any are worth it over and above maybe Netflix, iFlix and Amazon Prime, all with reliable quality connection and other options for latest movies etc 

• 2 weeks later...