What's Going On With ThaiExpat TV?

Greenside

I think I saw that the site address had changed to SingExpat.TV a short while back, but this morning both this and the regular one are down.  Also, can't log in on Android or PC.

It's a great service and my children will give me a hard time if they can't get to see CBeebies.

Anyone else having issues?

27 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

A great if not better than xpat tv is pulse tv never had an issue with it good reliable normal uk channels sky movie package/sky sports and F1 and 10 Mio EPL channels. Catch up easy to use.

Web address is pulse tv.net

Are the TV channels on demand?

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

Been looking at this site expat tv very vague as to what chanels you get. I expect the usual uk tv mainstream chanels. Sky movies??? Sky sport ????

What else do you get???

Thai expat tv has a very good service, basically it has all the uk tv programmes + some. It has the basic package which costs 600 baht and the premium which costs 900 baht. Basic has about 20 channels and the premium has also included sky movies, which are generally old movies and imo are not worth the extra monies, especially when kodi has all the movies you could ever want for free. There are no sport programmes included, that is provided by their other company 365 sport, which although very good, I find it too expensive to bother with. I can get all my sports I like to watch on ILikeHD for 250 baht a month, only problem, it is not on catch-up. BTW Thai Expat has a 7 day or more catch up. 

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Thai expat tv has a very good service, basically it has all the uk tv programmes + some. It has the basic package which costs 600 baht and the premium which costs 900 baht. Basic has about 20 channels and the premium has also included sky movies, which are generally old movies and imo are not worth the extra monies, especially when kodi has all the movies you could ever want for free. There are no sport programmes included, that is provided by their other company 365 sport, which although very good, I find it too expensive to bother with. I can get all my sports I like to watch on ILikeHD for 250 baht a month, only problem, it is not on catch-up. BTW Thai Expat has a 7 day or more catch up. 

Thanks for that so it's a no go for me a tad expensive to say no sport will stick with pulse tv.

9 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Thanks for that so it's a no go for me a tad expensive to say no sport will stick with pulse tv.

ps, I did email Pulse TV a few weeks ago (twice) to inquire about their services and they couldn't even bother to reply. So I'll stick with the devil I know.

28 minutes ago, vogie said:

ps, I did email Pulse TV a few weeks ago (twice) to inquire about their services and they couldn't even bother to reply. So I'll stick with the devil I know.

Don't email them face book or on there Web site there is a chat service Monday to Friday.  Always answered straight away. There catch up is only 24 hrs but that suits me fine. Plus they have sky sports 1234 and F1 plus euro sport 1&2 plus BT sport 1&2. Bein 1 & 4. Plus 8 Mio chanels  which is for EPL all games live. Cost me 10000bht for year which includes there android box. And a stack of on demand movies.

Edited by Deepinthailand

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Same with WE TV in Chiang Mai.

Boss Lady is always missing but "will get back" according to her staff   ...never has done so.

8 hours ago, vogie said:

I've been using ThaiExpat TV for about 3 years now.

Excellent service, instant response if there's a problem.   Also great to get Australian ABC on demand, watch the 7am news while I have brekkie.  Their coverage of the Olympics was excellent.

It goes without saying that it's very pleasant to get such a good selection of UK programs, and the latest channel to their collection "Yesterday" has some good historical material.

10 minutes ago, masuk said:

I've been using ThaiExpat TV for about 3 years now.

Excellent service, instant response if there's a problem.   Also great to get Australian ABC on demand, watch the 7am news while I have brekkie.  Their coverage of the Olympics was excellent.

It goes without saying that it's very pleasant to get such a good selection of UK programs, and the latest channel to their collection "Yesterday" has some good historical material.

Yes i totally agree, I have been using their services for about 2 years now and have no real cause of complaint. I was just considering an option that included Sky Sports in their package for about the same price. Pulse does do that option or so it seems. However my current subscription to Thai Expat runs untill January, so I have a few months to consider my choices.

Seems like pulse tv are forcing to buy their box. Anything under a 1 year subscription results in buying the box for 2500 for a 6 month subscription at 1000 baht a month or 4500 for the box and 1000 a month.

Both are too much for that box. Should offer the service without having to buy their box.

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

watch all the sport you want with cricfree tv. just watched moto gp, BT sport 2 and then F1 sky sports F1 all free, and BSB,  WSBK  in fact any sport you want via live streaming

I agree , I do the same myself , but you have to admit the annoying popups can be a problem and the stream quality is not really consistent.   

8 hours ago, Mooner said:

Seems like pulse tv are forcing to buy their box. Anything under a 1 year subscription results in buying the box for 2500 for a 6 month subscription at 1000 baht a month or 4500 for the box and 1000 a month.

Both are too much for that box. Should offer the service without having to buy their box.

But for 10,000 baht for the year + free box, that works out at about 833 baht a month, that includes some Sky Movies and all Sky Sports. Thai Expat charge 900 baht per month for their premium service, basically you get get Sky Movies extra and no Sky Sports. So for some-one like myself who likes catch up tv will certainly be considering Pulse as an option to replace my existing Thai Expat TV which runs out in January.

On 10/25/2016 at 8:41 AM, vogie said:

But for 10,000 baht for the year + free box, that works out at about 833 baht a month, that includes some Sky Movies and all Sky Sports. Thai Expat charge 900 baht per month for their premium service, basically you get get Sky Movies extra and no Sky Sports. So for some-one like myself who likes catch up tv will certainly be considering Pulse as an option to replace my existing Thai Expat TV which runs out in January.

Does anyone know how long pulse has been going?

Always risky to stump up money to these type of companies.

Their sister company Premium Expat TV has all the sport, movies and Discovery/History stuff for about 800b a month and a week catchup. Coupled with the basic Thai Expat TV service it's perfect for us.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

36 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Their sister company Premium Expat TV has all the sport, movies and Discovery/History stuff for about 800b a month and a week catchup. Coupled with the basic Thai Expat TV service it's perfect for us.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

I have Premium Expat TV and there are no sports available, the only movies are old Sky Movies, I thought their sister company is 365 sports, which is another 600-900 baht?