Childrens motorcycle helmets

madmax2

Does anyone know of a shop that sells motorcycle helmets for children, not the soft toy type but ones with a solid outer shell with foam and padded linings

Anywhere on the island will do as long as they have a decent selection

Thanks in advance for any replies,MM

The only decent one i have ever seen are the index ones that are sold in helmet speciality shops for about 700b. Closed at the chin, black visor and padded inside.

If on the east coast there's a store 300m after turning left out of immigration(other side of the street).

Kata helmets have 3 models in children's helmets costing  200/600/ 700 baht

The cheap one is made of soft plastic and would be better than hitting your unprotected head on the ground

The dearer models are properly constructed with the slightly more expensive one having better padding, both are made by index

They also have a excellent range of adult helmets at Kata helmets

20 hours ago, Grubster said:

I think a good gesture by the Thai government would be to subsidize the price of these helmets down to less than a days pay at minimum wage. I guess the helmet won't do much good if you can't feed your kid.

and even perhapsencourage the creation of  an active second-hand market in these things because I would imagine any child will certainly need more than one size over a period of years.

5 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

and even perhapsencourage the creation of  an active second-hand market in these things because I would imagine any child will certainly need more than one size over a period of years.

It sure is heart breaking to see the little kids with no protection, But money talks, and these folks have very little. I also think the government should implement a free lights check up program including free bulbs and installation. I really think these two measures would save thousands of lives while not costing all that much. And create a few jobs.

If a lot of adults will not wear helmets why would they buy them for their children

Check points do not make people wear them, most Thais know where the check 

points are, and a lot of tourists and expats would prefer to pay the fine than wear

a helmet and not be hansom as they say 

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

Kata helmets have 3 models in children's helmets costing  200/600/ 700 baht

The cheap one is made of soft plastic and would be better than hitting your unprotected head on the ground

The dearer models are properly constructed with the slightly more expensive one having better padding, both are made by index

They also have a excellent range of adult helmets at Kata helmets

They have a few more models. I have already bought 3 models there for my son, now 9 years old, each time with a size increase and all hard plastic and padding.

37 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

They probably do have more models but only 3 for 3 to 4 year old children

This is the age group we were buying for

Ah, yes. I'd prefer the ladybug helmet for 3-4 years. After that one we had a Titan, and now a Rookie.

Edited by stevenl

On 10/23/2016 at 3:35 PM, Grubster said:

I think a good gesture by the Thai government would be to subsidize the price of these helmets down to less than a days pay at minimum wage. I guess the helmet won't do much good if you can't feed your kid.

If you can afford a motorbike and put fuel in it you can afford the helmets. Just one fine for not having one is about the cost of the cheapest helmet. There is NO excuse except stupidity for not wearing one. As one sign sponsored by the Pattaya police says:

No helmet = no brain