Anton's buffet, Naklua

Spaniel

For those who enjoyed Anton's buffet at his old location you will be happy to know that he has re-started the buffet at his new location.     I think the soi number is 29 (the soi next to his old restaurant on Naklua road.      Procede down soi 29 until the end of the soi then turn left  and continue about 50m to his new location.    

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, topt said:

For those of us that didn't previously partake can someone fill us in on the buffet style and cost?

Thanks

I think the main attraction was the German-style food. Lots of potatoes and stewed things. I used to go once a month and will look forward to trying the new one.

1 hour ago, yacov said:

European and some Thai food. 240 baht before 9pm and 150 baht after 9pm. 

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I think the main attraction was the German-style food. Lots of potatoes and stewed things. I used to go once a month and will look forward to trying the new one.

Thanks for the response

2 hours ago, topt said:

For those of us that didn't previously partake can someone fill us in on the buffet style and cost?

Thanks

It's a heavy-duty German buffet; don't know the cost now... but wasn't this their old logo?

Clip_18.jpg

Edited by Michaelaway
  • Like 1

Quality pork cuts,  little burgers,  chicken,  sauerkraut,  peas & carrots,  potatoes (varied).  Thai food.  Salad. Pizza. Desert.  And a lot more no doubt. 

Great after a day time drinking session,  soak up the booze & knock u out (I used to live a stones throw from anton) 

Bit out of the way now,  guess the kiss guys paid well. 

On 10/23/2016 at 6:00 AM, ace said:

Quality pork cuts,  little burgers,  chicken,  sauerkraut,  peas & carrots,  potatoes (varied).  Thai food.  Salad. Pizza. Desert.  And a lot more no doubt. 

Great after a day time drinking session,  soak up the booze & knock u out (I used to live a stones throw from anton) 

Bit out of the way now,  guess the kiss guys paid well. 

Only by cutting away the words quality and great it becomes a correct reply :sleep:

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Anton restarting the buffet is welcome news to me.  I was feeling nostalgic walking past the old location today and thought I'd do a quick TV search to see if they changed their mind about the buffet.  Since it's been 9 months since the last post, can anyone verify that Anton's is still open and serving the buffet?  Thanks!

15 hours ago, Barefoot said:

Anton restarting the buffet is welcome news to me.  I was feeling nostalgic walking past the old location today and thought I'd do a quick TV search to see if they changed their mind about the buffet.  Since it's been 9 months since the last post, can anyone verify that Anton's is still open and serving the buffet?  Thanks!

Yes, the buffet is still available.      

15 hours ago, Spaniel said:

Yes, the buffet is still available.      

Thanks, good to hear it.  By the way, I passed by yesterday at 10:50AM and it was closed, so apparently opening is sometime in the afternoon.  I miss watching the world go by at the old location, but I will enjoy the German buffet again shortly.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Google Maps shows Anton's restaurant in Naklua as being "Permanently Closed."  Can anyone verify?  That would be sad news, although I never cared for the new location.  I enjoyed watching the world go by for many years at the old location and was the only german buffet that I know of.  Are there others?

Edited by Barefoot
Spelling

11 minutes ago, Barefoot said:

Google Maps shows Anton's restaurant in Naklua as being "Permanently Closed."  Can anyone verify?  That would be sad news, although I never cared for the new location.  I enjoyed watching the world go by for many years at the old location and was the only german buffet that I know of.  Are there others?

Well, the last review on tripadvisor was about January 2018.

You could call the number on this listing and ask if it's still a valid number --

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d4366393-Reviews-Anton_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Anton moved from Naklua Road to Soi Roi Lang (27) about in the middle between Naklua and 3rd Road since Kiss Food opened at the old place.

I personally didn't like the buffet and and other food there a lot and went there only to meet people who liked the place and food. When driving by at the new place, I hardly saw a lot of customers. Maybe to far to walk from the bahtbus route.

Just maybe a month ago a friend reported that he had great food there. Rumours said that the manager 'Peter' is out of the business. Maybe a chance for improvement of the food quality?

So I visited the new location some weeks ago.
And yes, it was a good food experience. I personally liked the pork roast, meatballs, mashed potatoes and especially the Brussels sprouts.

The price is still low, something less than 300 baht. From 9 or 9:30 pm they drop the price for the buffet.

I will be back, but before of the time when the Kee Niaus raid the buffet.

• Like 2

Hi

I was chatting to a friend the other day who is staying in naklua ( I live here  myself.)

He said he went to Antons on Sunday evening, around 6 or 7 PM and was informed by a Thai lady working there, no food available, just beer and drinks. Has had change of owner.

It was not totally clear whether no food is a temporary measure or not.

Just passing on info. if travelling any distance to get there might be worth trying to get in touch first .

If I hear more will post again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1