Thai restaurant in London

alaninlamphun

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, bark said:

Please be polite.

I'm being as polite as I can be to someone who has slated the UK's food in its entirety yet has never been to the UK himself.

Stick to discussing things you actually know something about in future then you can expect to receive my respect.

2 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

I'm being as polite as I can be to someone who has slated the UK's food in its entirety yet has never been to the UK himself.

Stick to discussing things you actually know something about in future then you can expect to receive my respect.

Fish and Chips in Cat Food. For poor cats.

4 minutes ago, bark said:

Fish and Chips in Cat Food. For poor cats.

If this was a thread about food in Sydney I would't post anything here as I have never been there.

Keep reading the above sentence and perhaps in a few weeks you will understand.

5 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

If this was a thread about food in Sydney I would't post anything here as I have never been there.

Keep reading the above sentence and perhaps in a few weeks you will understand.

Great city and Better Fish and Chips.

47 minutes ago, bark said:

They want information on Thai restaurant. No need to advise about UK home food.

FYI Stone pizza is good.

The poster himself is the best judge of that, and if you really want to wind him up your retort should have mentioned 'deep fried mars bars'.

On 10/24/2016 at 0:11 PM, BudRight said:

Learn to cook Thai food. It's not that hard.

The simplest dish to begin with is probably Larb.

Mince some chicken or pork.

Cook it in just enough stock or water so it doesn't burn. Take it off the heat.

Mix it with fish sauce, lime juice, chopped shallots and dried red chilis

Add chopped mint, green onions and cilantro.

Garnish with holy basil and eat with rice.

Sorry, but the guy wants to know where a Thai restaurant is and not how to make some nasty rubbish. Not all here eat Larb. 

I apologize if you're working as a cook helper at a Thai restaurant in London. But not  the London in Canada,

Edited by lostinisaan

53 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

I can reply in any manner I choose.

As I said before go and troll elsewhere as you have nothing to offer this thread.

Your poor choice of fish and chip shop in London is your fault too.

I bet you had a lovely time whinging your way around the UK.

I can only hope it was cold and wet.

You should duel that out. 

Depends on where in London you're staying and what's convenient for you. However, a favourite of mine is in Chiswick called Yuppas Thai. They've moved from Chiswick High Road and have a new address. It's now 24 Fauconberg Road, Chiswick. Amazing food, probably the best Thai I've ever tasted.

There's also the excellent Talad Thai in Putney... 320 Upper Richmond Road, Putney, London SW15 6TL. Both of these I would recommend.

Should you want Thai pub grub at a good price try the Churchill Arms on Kensington Church Street. It's also good for star spotting, Al Pacino was in there not so long ago trying the excellent Thai grub. The menu isn't as extensive as the ones I've mentioned above, but it might be more convenient to get to. Nearest Tube is Notting Hill Gate.

Edited by Senior Player

3 hours ago, bark said:

Thank you, but his wife want Thai Food. Not your greasy Fish and Chips. Deep fried in oil fat which is 3 months old.

Using fish that is frozen, freezer burned and not fit for a cat to eat.

You obviously know the wrong place to eat if that's how they prepare the fish and chips. Or perhaps it's just in your imagination and you have no experience of such a place. Or you could be describing Thai street food, much of which is deep fried in old oil. They even fry bananas for crissake!

Brixton hill - part of a greasy spoon joint - also many are in pubs where a thai wife does the cooking but forget chasing Thai food in London when London is now one of the food centres of the world to we cognoscenti. Go to the Burrough Market where there is the food of the world from Hi So dinners to cheap finger food.  Its a must. 

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You obviously know the wrong place to eat if that's how they prepare the fish and chips. Or perhaps it's just in your imagination and you have no experience of such a place. Or you could be describing Thai street food, much of which is deep fried in old oil. They even fry bananas for crissake!

Palm oil changed  once a week.  Traditional British chippies rarely change their fat as it is sterile and does not need changing. Plenty of people around the world fry bananas! You sound so provincial.

Outside London, however there is an excellent Thai restaurant in Guildford (30 mins down the A3), the "Rum Wong" at the top of High Street. It has everything, all Thai staff in traditional uniforms, superb decor and fantastic food. Alternatively a good one Southampton way is in Eastleigh but I for get the name.

Another surprise and massive hit, if you find yourself on the Spanish Costa Del Sol, is the "Bhua Luang" in Torre Del Mar (we go there a lot on hols). Much more straight forward place run by a Thai & English couple but excellent food.

I also second the Thai Temple in Wimbledon, especially on a festival day when they have loads of street-food style stalls.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He wanted to Eat in a Thai Restaurant in London, because his wife hated the English food.

He only asked for suggestion.

Readddddddd

3 hours ago, Senior Player said:

There's also the excellent Talad Thai in Putney... 320 Upper Richmond Road, Putney, London SW15 6TL. Both of these I would recommend.

Now changed!

It's the Pinto Thai with new chefs. The old Talad had gone off over the years, when it was basic and meant for the local Thais it was good but the standards slipped as it became known to the western population. I have not tried the new encarnation yet.

1 hour ago, bark said:

He wanted to Eat in a Thai Restaurant in London, because his wife hated the English food.

He only asked for suggestion.

Readddddddd

You should perhaps take your own advice before uttering such folly based on nothing more than your own warped perception re a 3rd party's taste for the food in her husbands homeland.

Edited by evadgib

5 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Sorry, but the guy wants to know where a Thai restaurant is and not how to make some nasty rubbish. Not all here eat Larb. 

I apologize if you're working as a cook helper at a Thai restaurant in London. But not  the London in Canada,

Look <deleted>, I didn't say everyone has to eat larb, I just provided an easy option. 

Do you have a tiny dick or something? Is that why you're a jerk in every post?

On 02/11/2016 at 5:00 AM, alaninlamphun said:

We had a thai meal in London that was very poor in standard and cost quite a bit.
The Mrs cooked a better meal last night at home.
We will give the restaurants a miss from now.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What was the restaurant you went to?

6 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

You should duel that out. 

Some days on here I just shake my head in disbelief.

He is off woofing at someone else now I notice.

Mind you some good recommendations for the OP today so not all is lost for the thread.

On 11/2/2016 at 5:10 AM, SaintLouisBlues said:

I recall going to a pub near the Marriott Hotel Marble Arch where there was a Thai restaurant. My Thai companion didn't turn up his nose. It was either Harrowby Street or Crawford Place as I recall, but I can't locate it on a map. We also lunched at (I think) one of the Thai Square chain - they have one near Trafalgar Square, and that was certainly the area we were

Sounds very much like The Heron on Norfolk Crescent, 5 minute walk from Crawford Place. A staircase just inside the entrance to the pub leads downstairs to the restaurant.

Used to be a favourite haunt of a group of Isaan ladies who I once associated with (a couple of whom lived on Crawford), until most of them were deported. I went back there, after a long absence, recently and it appears to have changed hands now. Still seemed to have more Thai (or at least East Asian) customers than farang so they must be doing something right.

They have, however, sadly done away with the karaoke system which proved a lot of fun later in the evening (if you like your Isaan pop classics :wink:).  

11 hours ago, evadgib said:

You should perhaps take your own advice before uttering such folly based on nothing more than your own warped perception re a 3rd party's taste for the food in her husbands homeland.

Steak and Kidney Pie = Hospital