British girl groped by Qatari on plane as his wife sat next to him

webfact

British girl groped by Qatari on plane as his wife sat next to him

By Telegraph Reporters 

MANCHESTER: -- A Qatari holidaymaker is facing jail after he was convicted of molesting a teenage girl during a seven hour flight to Britain - whilst his wife was sat beside him.

Suman Das, 46, was arrested at Manchester Airport after the 18-year old victim claimed he touched her between her legs whilst she was dozing in her seat.

She said woke up to feel a 'rubbing sensation' and fled to the back of the plane in tears. At the time of the assault Das' wife Sonia was sat beside him unaware of her husband's behaviour.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/25/british-girl-groped-by-qatari-on-plane-as-his-wife-sat-next-to-h/

-- The Telegraph 2016-10-25

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put him in prison for a very long time. These Muslims need to be taught how to behave if they are fortunate to visit the civilised world!

The general Muslim attitudes toward women is something I just find unacceptable.

Edited by Grouse

Just a small point, but the reports actually say he is "from Qatar". With a name like that he is more likely to be from the subcontinent. It doesn't actually say what his passport is.

A cabin crew friend of mine on vacation awoke on a flight to London with some British passport-holding Indian bloke grabbing her tits.

He picked the wrong person. Apart from the smack in the gob she gave him, he was arrested at Heathrow, and the airline flew her back a few weeks later to testify against him.

1 hour ago, Silurian said:

You know, I was going to say something about someone leading by example, but I digress.

Do they watch the US News in Qatar?

Yes but I doubt they read The Sun. Possibly the Telegraph.

Edited by Chicog

Right, the name Suman Das isn't an Arab surname ~ Indian/Paki probably but if he's a Sunni, there is a chance he obtained Qatari citizenship.   That was going on when I finally left the region, in an attempt to offset the Shi'ite majority (such as in Bahrain).

I know it's over-generalizing but having lived and worked in the GCC for many years, it was well known that the poorer, imported labor from Southern India/Bangladesh/Pakistan, were some serious, sexually repressed dudes.   The older, often married ones, having a bit more coins in their pocket, would act out the playboy role.   

Lost count of the times my wife came home and told me some creep was shadowing her around the mall or supermarket, a few were bold enough to hit her with a pick up line and try to get her number.  Told me she got sick of it and yelled and pointed at a guy once who as obviously following her.  Other shoppers stopped and stared at the outburst, and she said his eyes got as big as golf balls at her aggressive challenge, and he scurried away like a cockroach.

9 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Right, the name Suman Das isn't an Arab surname ~ Indian/Paki probably but if he's a Sunni, there is a chance he obtained Qatari citizenship.   That was going on when I finally left the region, in an attempt to offset the Shi'ite majority (such as in Bahrain).

But there are hardly any Shi'a in Qatar, and I can't recall any Indians getting citizenship.

I think it's more likely'to be just lazy reporting.

I know the UAE stopped dishing out citizenship to Indians a while back. They finally tumbled that if they ever did have the vote there, in a few years time, the Indians would outnumber them!

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Put him in prison for a very long time. These Muslims need to be taught how to behave if they are fortunate to visit the civilised world!

The general Muslim attitudes toward women is something I just find unacceptable.

You mean it's only Muslims who engage in this kind of behavior? Or if the perpetrator is a Christian he gets just a slap on the wrist? 

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

it would seem that anything followed by the term muslim offends you.

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You mean it's only Muslims who engage in this kind of behavior? Or if the perpetrator is a Christian he gets just a slap on the wrist? 

It is my opinion that Muslim social mores and customs concerning women are entirely incompatible with the civilised world. Of course we have plenty of examples of errant behaviour but Muslims seem to swamp that. This sort of thing needs to be strongly discouraged generally.

(You've not told them about me and the babysitter have you?)

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

He's not muslim.

16 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

it would seem that anything followed by the term muslim offends you.

It's a peccadillo of mine I concede. But over the past decades I have become anti Muslim. I used to be pro the Bosnian Muslims but since then I have become more and more anti as I have learnt more. I gave a list of reasons earlier this year; 27 of them I recall. Stone Age attitudes to the distaff side being near the top. OK?

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

But there are hardly any Shi'a in Qatar, and I can't recall any Indians getting citizenship.

"...and I can't recall any Indians getting citizenship."

How would you know, do the authorities in Qatar report new citizenships to you or check with you before granting citizenship?

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

How would you know, do the authorities in Qatar report new citizenships to you or check with you before granting citizenship?

I'm not saying it's impossible, just not likely.  And frankly I wouldn't expect someone with that sort of wasta to be flying in economy.

:wink:

23 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Well, you could look it up on something called Google which is available via something called the internet.  Let's just say it's extremely unlikely that he's a Qatari citizen.

“It’s a really sensitive issue. Granting citizenship to foreigners is not something which is popular, particularly given there is such a concern about the minoritization of the local population.”

"While the legal requirements have been published publicly, how one actually goes about applying for citizenship remains unclear. Babar said she was unable to find any forms or application process in her research."

http://dohanews.co/path-qatari-citizenship/

8 hours ago, Chicog said:

I think it's more likely'to be just lazy reporting.

I know the UAE stopped dishing out citizenship to Indians a while back. They finally tumbled that if they ever did have the vote there, in a few years time, the Indians would outnumber them!

It is essential that we find out the true nationality, religious beliefs, and ethnic background of this reprobate, so that in future we can properly discriminate against all his countrymen and those who share his religious views.

Edited by Slip

1 hour ago, Slip said:

It is essential that we find out the true nationality, religious beliefs, and ethnic background of this reprobate, so that in future we can properly discriminate against all his countrymen and those who share his religious views.

I was rather just hoping for more accurate and informative reporting.

19 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well, you could look it up on something called Google which is available via something called the internet.  Let's just say it's extremely unlikely that he's a Qatari citizen.

“It’s a really sensitive issue. Granting citizenship to foreigners is not something which is popular, particularly given there is such a concern about the minoritization of the local population.”

Normally you'd only get citizenship if you have contacts, i.e. a Royal can probably swing it for you. But there were probably a few granted it back in the day when the Brits ruled the roost.

Nationality, religion and such all are irrelevant. All that matters is that scum that gropes or assaults other people need to be taught a lesson and punished, hopefully getting it in their tick skulls that such behaviour is unacceptable. Doesn't matter if the person is born in country A or B, is a follower of religion A, B or nothing at all,  or even what gender the offender has. Only garbage does this sort of thing. 

Having said that, I hope there are witnesses. Assault charges are difficult as many a time there are no witnesses. It's the story of person 1 vs person 2. Most of the time the assault charges are legit, though sometimes they are made up and sometimes real victems do not dare to press charges. Obviously we all want perbs to be caughty, punished and hopefully never see them ever doing it again. But we also don't want people to be falsely convicted neither that some sicko's get away with assault. Assuming that the claims by the girl is legit, I hope they throw this guy in jail and a bit off grabbing his crown jewels by fellow inmates wouldn't bother me.