Women In Business...

khall64au

As far as I can see the general business system in Thailand is more or less patriarchal... when it all boil down to the basics - if you know what I mean! :D

I mean, really, even after attempting to pop this subject in the Ladies section - I was met with "Bra Sizes" for crying out loud...

But I did find - on my search engine- search:

A SONNET

To the wife of my bosom

All happiness from everything

And her husband.

May he be good and considerate

Gay and cheerful and restful.

And make her the best wife

In the world

The happiest and the most content

With reason.

To the wife of my bosom

Whose transcendent virtues

Are those to be most admired

Loved and adored and indeed

Her virtues are all inclusive

Her virtues are beauty and her beauties

Her charms her qualities her joyous nature

All of it makes of her husband

A proud and happy man.

Sweet!!!! ........... my point was/ is: do you guys concider that Thailand is a Man's World? Or can you accept that women (all Races & Creeds Will Inherit the Earth!)???? !!!!!!!!!!! :o

As far as I can see the general business system in Thailand is more or less patriarchal... when it all boil down to the basics - if you know what I mean! :D

I mean, really, even after attempting to pop this subject in the Ladies section - I was met with "Bra Sizes" for crying out loud...

But I did find - on my search engine- search:

A SONNET

To the wife of my bosom

All happiness from everything

And her husband.

May he be good and considerate

Gay and cheerful and restful.

And make her the best wife

In the world

The happiest and the most content

With reason.

To the wife of my bosom

Whose transcendent virtues

Are those to be most admired

Loved and adored and indeed

Her virtues are all inclusive

Her virtues are beauty and her beauties

Her charms her qualities her joyous nature

All of it makes of her husband

A proud and happy man.

Sweet!!!! ........... my point was/ is: do you guys concider that Thailand is a Man's World? Or can you accept that women (all Races & Creeds Will Inherit the Earth!)???? !!!!!!!!!!! :o

SIMPLE, NO.

in thailand it may be the men who try to operate the controls but its the women who are working hard down in the engine room trying to keep the thing afloat.

the men here , in general , are pretty useless. mentally they are dithering weaklings i'm afraid.

the women are , again in general , capable , assertive and much more practical.

Edited by taxexile

the men here , in general , are pretty useless. mentally they are dithering weaklings i'm afraid.

the women are , again in general , capable , assertive and much more practical.

And how is that different from anywhere else? Sorry but men and women are pretty much the same everywhere. Men historically, went out did the hunting, fishing, exploring, fighting wars and women stayed home, tended the home fires, cooked, cleaned, cared for the children etc.

Nowadays it isn't much different.

I teach a couple of adult classes (extremely enjoyable), they are almost all men (1 class has one lady--a wife of one of the students). These men are devoted to their families, all their goals are in terms of doing more for the wife and kids. Of course they love to talk trash--but at the end of the day you can see the effort they put forth for their families. My guess is it's the same as most of you do.

We love to look around and see what we want to see. Devoted, downtrodden women and reckless, careless men.

The women, engineers, I have worked with in Thailand were every bit as capable as their male counterparts but put in a position of offering an opinion in front of their male peers they would shrink back and defer to those they, apparently, considered their senoirs regardless of actual rank within the company.

This used to piss me off bigtime as the reason I insisted on hiring women was to bring their, undeniably, different outlook and perspective into the skills pool. The only way I could get their opinion on a particular subject was to approach them individually which somewhat defeated my purpose of encouraging interaction within the group.

So "Is Thailand a man's world?" Yes.

"Do the women do the work?" Yes, and there are many examples I can give on this.

Anyone know of a large (not a mom and pop store)Thai business totally owned, operated and controlled by a woman, who has a majority of Thai men (not relatives) working for her?

The "face thing" perhaps?

Try Bans diving resort on Koh Tao ... The biggest dive school on Koh Tao and fits your criteria totally ...

It's often one and the same here, Tax. Surely you know this.

yes , it often is.

but I have found that most of the women in charge are taking over a family business that has already been established, usually by their father.

why do they hand it over to the daughter and not the son ?........ father knows best.

this generation of males is not cut from the same cloth as his was.

Or perhaps the women are more ruthless at weeding out other relatives? Perhaps they don't have a son? Perhaps the women are better brownnosers?

Lots of different reasons can apply since it is not a high percentage of companies handed over to daughters, just that women in charge tend to be daughters.

I disagree that the current generation of Thai males is useless and stupid. I am married to an intelligent, hardworking man who also has many intelligent hardworking male relatives.

Sometimes, as has been pointed out already, it is a case of seeing what you want to see in order to validate your own self worth.

Anyone know of a large (not a mom and pop store)Thai business totally owned, operated and controlled by a woman, who has a majority of Thai men (not relatives) working for her?

Try Bans diving resort on Koh Tao ... The biggest dive school on Koh Tao and fits your criteria totally ...

Actually, it was a question, not criteria.

But since you brought it up, my question included "a majority of Thai men". I didn't see any on the website...all farang men...including the director and his second in command.

But since you brought it up, my question included "a majority of Thai men". I didn't see any on the website...all farang men...including the director and his second in command.

Criteria, question same difference in this case ... the website only shows the instructors who the majority are farang but there are a legion of Thai males who work with and for the resort that are not on the website ... anyway its a big company owned and controlled by a Thai woman and it runs very well.

Criteria, question same difference in this case ... the website only shows the instructors who the majority are farang but there are a legion of Thai males who work with and for the resort that are not on the website ... anyway its a big company owned and controlled by a Thai woman and it runs very well.

I never heard of them before, so thanks for the pointer.

Is your picture on the website?

I never heard of them before, so thanks for the pointer.

Is your picture on the website?

Ha ha ... ironic question ... Im not on the Bans website as I work for one of their major competitors ...

Still fits my criteria. Ban Diving was started by Mr Ban and taken over by his wife after his murder.

Still fits my criteria. Ban Diving was started by Mr Ban and taken over by his wife after his murder.

Thats very true sbk ... so all criteria are satisfied in this case then ....