where to watch election result nov 9th?

steve2112

Just turn on CNN.

They have been waiting for the circus to start for over a year now.

Bet there will be over 200 million and CNN will be getting big money for the advertisements they air during their election coverage.

That will make them a lot of serious money.

Better than a Superbowl game, and more profitable.

I'll be slumped in my chair watching Fox News Election Headquarters on morning of 9th here in Thailand.  And thanking the lord it will then be over until the next US presidetial election circus starts in 2 years time, with another 2 years of  wall to wall TV coverage. 

Now I'll wait for incoming for my viewing choice....

The world's biggest economy, with the world's most advanced military, and these two candidates are the best America can produce.

I do not support either of them, but like Trump says, it must be a corrupt system if intelligent people can not run for office there. 

What a circus. 

Unfortunately, if America sneezes, we all catch a cold. 

Looks like the best of the worst will become President. 

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

The world's biggest economy, with the world's most advanced military, and these two candidates are the best America can produce.

I do not support either of them, but like Trump says, it must be a corrupt system if intelligent people can not run for office there. 

What a circus. 

Unfortunately, if America sneezes, we all catch a cold. 

Looks like the best of the worst will become President. 

I'm in complete agreement, NKM.

Over the past couple of months on Facebook, I've seen literally hundreds of posts telling me why I shouldn't vote for one or the other candidate, but not a single post telling me why I SHOULD vote for either. Basically, what everyone is saying (on both sides) is: "my candidate sucks, but the other one is worse".  Pretty much a confirmation of the "best of the worst" eventual reality. 

As a US citizen, I'm sitting out this election. I can't vote for either candidate, knowing that I'll have extreme buyer's remorse a couple of years down the road. I hold the voters in the primaries of both parties responsible for nominating the weakest candidates for their respective parties, when there were much better choices. These same people can sort out who wins this time around. 

Because unfortunately, no matter who wins on Nov 8, we all lose.

It's not that hard a choice.

Do you favor abortions becoming illegal again? Then -- trump.

Do you favor same sex marriage becoming illegal again? Then -- trump.

Do you favor 20 million people that really need it to be kicked off their health insurance coverage? Then -- trump.

Do you favor the allowing pre-existing condition feature of Obamacare to be trashed as part of the entire trashing of Obamacare? Then -- trump.

Do you favor a foreign policy that is totally incoherent? Then -- trump.

Except for Russia, that is, do you favor not trying to stop Putin's expansion in Ukraine and the Baltic. Then -- trump.

Do you favor massive tax cuts for the most rich? Then -- trump.

I endorse Hillary Clinton for president. She is the second-worst thing that could happen to America.

Ever since Athens in the 5th century B.C. the great enemy of democracy has been the demagogue. But—O tempora! O mores!—now we’ve got a firebrand soap box orator who cannot so much as put a coherent sentence together. He likes to “talk bigly.”"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/11/p-j-o-rourke-i-m-endorsing-hillary-clinton-the-devil-we-know.html

Edited by Jingthing

No, not a difficult choice when presented with only one side of an argument.

When taking an unbiased look at both candidates, neither is attractive. The problem is that there are virtually no sources of unbiased information, with nearly all of the mainstream media being biased to favor one candidate over another. Even worse, social media is a huge source of misinformation - in many cases using eye-catching memes that play to the emotions of people with little understanding of the real issues, common logic and statistics.

I look forward to the day that American citizens have a choice among truly viable, qualified and trustworthy candidates that run positive campaigns based upon their vision, abilities and character.  

4 hours ago, DrDave said:

I'm in complete agreement, NKM.

Over the past couple of months on Facebook, I've seen literally hundreds of posts telling me why I shouldn't vote for one or the other candidate, but not a single post telling me why I SHOULD vote for either. Basically, what everyone is saying (on both sides) is: "my candidate sucks, but the other one is worse".  Pretty much a confirmation of the "best of the worst" eventual reality. 

As a US citizen, I'm sitting out this election. I can't vote for either candidate, knowing that I'll have extreme buyer's remorse a couple of years down the road. I hold the voters in the primaries of both parties responsible for nominating the weakest candidates for their respective parties, when there were much better choices. These same people can sort out who wins this time around. 

Because unfortunately, no matter who wins on Nov 8, we all lose.

Michael Moore released a positive video, saying why HRC without attacking Trump. Nice for a change.

3 hours ago, DrDave said:

No, not a difficult choice when presented with only one side of an argument.

Actually, I provided trump's positions. Hillary's are opposite. They're clearly very different. It should super easy for Americans to choose between such radically different  TWO sides and mostly, they have already done so. It's a  binary choice. Either one of the TWO will be president. "No vote" or other party won't. 

Of course, the negativity toward both sides is very common now. Just saying, policy-wise, ignoring the personalities, the choice is very clear depending on your policy views.

"These Grumpy Voters Prefer None of the Above"

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-10-26/these-grumpy-voters-prefer-none-of-the-above

Edited by Jingthing

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Actually, I provided trump's positions. Hillary's are opposite. They're clearly very different. It should super easy for Americans to choose between such radically different  TWO sides and mostly, they have already done so. It's a  binary choice. Either one of the TWO will be president. "No vote" or other party won't. 

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I shouldn't have used the term "one side of an argument".

I was actually referring to the practice of listing issues relating to one candidate that when given a broad, one-sentence generalization, many reasonable people will find objectionable, while not doing the same for the other candidate.

Missing from your post were those issues regarding Clinton (for which Trump has the opposite view), that when summarized into one sentence, most reasonable people would also find objectionable. I'm not going to list them here, because my comments were not about the merits of one candidate over another. I dislike both equally.  My point was that many people use carefully crafted social media posts to present highly biased viewpoints while ignoring the facts and counterpoints that are extremely relevant but support a differing view. In other words, most social media political posts have become much like the pitches from slick salespeople - very often misleading and one-sided, taking advantage of people who, for whatever reason, don't look beyond the facade presented in simple one sentence generalizations of complex issues. I consider these posts (particularly the memes) to be about as truthful, honest and unbiased as infomercials and the irritating voicemails left by telemarketers.

Not picking on you, Jingthing as you make some valid points. I guess that its just too much to expect to see social media posts that are completely unbiased, presenting both sides of an issue. I know that when buying a product, I always appreciate a salesperson who not only talks up the product's good points, but also mentions the downside(s) - and yes, there's always a downside of some sort. 

On 10/26/2016 at 4:13 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

Just turn on CNN.

They have been waiting for the circus to start for over a year now.

Bet there will be over 200 million and CNN will be getting big money for the advertisements they air during their election coverage.

That will make them a lot of serious money.

Better than a Superbowl game, and more profitable.

Fox News also

"... like Trump says, it must be a corrupt system if intelligent people can not run for office there."

Surprised he didn't follow that up with reference to himself being prime example. You don't have to be intelligent, just more intelligent than most of electorate.

Given the gauntlet candidates run through, the minute examination of anything they've ever said or done, easy to understand why those most qualified give running a pass. Like they say, cockroaches can withstand nuke blasts that kill most everything else.

CNN anywhere. If you don't have access to CNN or a TV, then visit the only American bar in Bangkok, The Tavern on Soi 4. I am sure they will have live coverage of some kind. I voted for Hiliary. Trump is a complete phony, and we will go backwards to the time when women couldn't vote, and racism was rampant. Mark my word, it will be the worst possible thing for America. You think Brexit was bad!

4 minutes ago, likeke said:

CNN anywhere. If you don't have access to CNN or a TV, then visit the only American bar in Bangkok, The Tavern on Soi 4. I am sure they will have live coverage of some kind. I voted for Hiliary. Trump is a complete phony, and we will go backwards to the time when women couldn't vote, and racism was rampant. Mark my word, it will be the worst possible thing for America. You think Brexit was bad!

See post #15

59 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

"... like Trump says, it must be a corrupt system if intelligent people can not run for office there."

Surprised he didn't follow that up with reference to himself being prime example. You don't have to be intelligent, just more intelligent than most of electorate.

Given the gauntlet candidates run through, the minute examination of anything they've ever said or done, easy to understand why those most qualified give running a pass. Like they say, cockroaches can withstand nuke blasts that kill most everything else.

See post #15

a place where yanks and none yanks with US passports 

You need to make up your mind. Will there be Yanks or none of them. And why must they have US passports?

I can understand your desire to be in a place with plenty of alcohol on hand while watching this train wreck, but why not just buy some booze and invite random people with American accents to your place. It's likely to go on for quite awhile ... possibly days or weeks if the Donald feels compelled to challenge the results. Just make sure you choose a venue on a lower floor and/or with no easily accessible balcony from which participants can jump.

On 10/28/2016 at 3:02 AM, Jingthing said:

It's not that hard a choice.

Do you favor abortions becoming illegal again? Then -- trump.

Do you favor same sex marriage becoming illegal again? Then -- trump.

Do you favor 20 million people that really need it to be kicked off their health insurance coverage? Then -- trump.

Do you favor the allowing pre-existing condition feature of Obamacare to be trashed as part of the entire trashing of Obamacare? Then -- trump.

Do you favor a foreign policy that is totally incoherent? Then -- trump.

Except for Russia, that is, do you favor not trying to stop Putin's expansion in Ukraine and the Baltic. Then -- trump.

Do you favor massive tax cuts for the most rich? Then -- trump.

I endorse Hillary Clinton for president. She is the second-worst thing that could happen to America.

Ever since Athens in the 5th century B.C. the great enemy of democracy has been the demagogue. But—O tempora! O mores!—now we’ve got a firebrand soap box orator who cannot so much as put a coherent sentence together. He likes to “talk bigly.”"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/11/p-j-o-rourke-i-m-endorsing-hillary-clinton-the-devil-we-know.html

I always thought George W had secured the status of worst president for all times.  It seems there's a chance I could be proved wrong.

Even more alarming, this ongoing debacle (that is unlikely to end with the election) seems to have put paid to the notion that the American political process is a minutely flawed thing of beauty to behold when viewed through layers of gauze. Of course we all knew that was nonsense, but we struggled to maintain a blissful state of denial. 

On 10/28/2016 at 7:54 AM, Jingthing said:

Of course, the negativity toward both sides is very common now. Just saying, policy-wise, ignoring the personalities, the choice is very clear depending on your policy views.

"These Grumpy Voters Prefer None of the Above"

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-10-26/these-grumpy-voters-prefer-none-of-the-above

" It's a  binary choice. Either one of the TWO will be president. "

Maybe, like Iceland, it's time to form an American Pirate Party. They put in a strong showing in the recent Icelandic election. Maybe Johnny Depp could be talked into running.

Initial counting after polls closed in Iceland’s election put neither the ruling Independence party’s centre-right coalition nor the Pirate party’s leftist alliance in a position to secure outright victory.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/29/iceland-election-voting-begins-with-opposition-parties-ahead-in-polls-pirate-party

The important swing states are in the Eastern Time Zone and I believe the poles close about 6AM Thai Time. I'm expecting a 'call' of the winner by time I finish my fist cup of coffee around 6;45 am Thai Time. Trump is not the biggest crook in this election and he has that going for him.

I have Fox, Bloomberg, BBC, and I think even Algezira will cover the election.

On 10/26/2016 at 5:42 PM, Jingthing said:

It's too early in the morning for a gathering. 

Also, soon after the polls close, they'll have the east coast results, especially FLORIDA, and the winner will be declared BIGLY quick. 

never too early for a party!...an enterprising entrepreneur (that's redundant, I know) would have election results live on CNN or whatever, special buffet breakfast and drink specials like the Bloody Hillary, Trump Tequila shots and Deplorable Daiquiris!!!