Man arrested in Phuket with over 100 kilos of kratom

webfact

Man arrested in Phuket with over 100 kilos of kratom

Eakkapop Thongtub

1477471635_1-org.jpg

Officials are seen here with part of the haul of 100 kilos of kratom. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A 23-year-old man was arrested at a rented home in Wichit last night (Oct 25) when he was found to be in possession of over 100 kilograms of kratom leaves.

More than 20 army, police and local law enforcement officials led by the 41 Military Circle’s Maj Sathit Naikoon, Muang District Administration Officer (Palad) Mr Wiratdej boonreingkhao and Wichit Police Chief Col Nikorn Somsuk raid a rented home in the Muangthong Sukniran community in Muang Thong Soi 4, Moo 1 Wichit after learning that it is a place where local teenagers buy their kratom leaves.

Police arrested 23-year-old Anurak Kongphet who was found inside the home with over 100kg of kratom leaves.

Maj Sathit revealed that the arrest of Anurak came after he and his team were monitoring the activity of local teenagers, and after identifying their target officers searched drug suspects and found them in possession of kratom.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-arrested-in-phuket-with-over-100-kilos-of-kratom-59593.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-26

I don't even know what it looks like or the tree they grow on. But I heard it is mild high probably not much different Than drinking M150. I could be wrong.

So why is it illegal? As someone posted no taxes. I sure these trees grow in many back yards.

3 hours ago, Beats56 said:

I don't even know what it looks like or the tree they grow on. But I heard it is mild high probably not much different Than drinking M150. I could be wrong.

So why is it illegal? As someone posted no taxes. I sure these trees grow in many back yards.

Looks like Basil leaves. Maybe good in Pasta Sauce ?

12 hours ago, Beats56 said:

"I sure these trees grow in many back yards." - any Thai can grow a tree, not all Thai's can distill or brew alcohol. 

17 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

Can't be too "sound as a pound" if you are a foreigner who chooses to possess and use illegal drugs in Thailand. 

Well, I'm sound enough, even when living in the UK, to understand and use the following. :coffee1:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sarcasm+meaning&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=FyYTWMm8MYfZgAaxvouoCg