A decline in White Knights in shining armour ?

sanemax

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suggest you leave your bar stool and start entering the real world. Yes there are Thai women out to get what they can but there are women in every country like that.
There are also professional women who are not like that. I am married to one.
If you are going to tar everyone with the same brush start by looking at yourself. Take a hard look and see the real you, not exactly a catch are you? Pot belly maybe who's idea of are good time is sitting at a the bar getting slowly smashed.
When you are perfect then you make sweeping comments but not before.

Yea....I don't get the comment like this. I didn't marry up or down....I just didn't marry a prostitute. At 43 I'm getting older and realize I'm not a great catch anymore. I mean, I do hear the occasional hunsum man when I go to the city, but it's only around certain areas. My wife works for Siemens and some of her very beautiful friends (in their 30s) were single. However, since I have been here most found a foreign partner, so my guess that some men are less stupid these days.

Never paid any monthly allowance or sinsod. Marriage is not perfect, but neither am I.

12 hours ago, Fabricus said:

Good advice, but easier said than done.

Almost all farangs marry down.

How many farangs here in Thailand marry successful, independent, career-oriented women who own property? In the rare cases when this does happen, the women in question are generally manky old spinsters that no one else wants. 

Well, not entirely true. Many guys just look in the wrong places.

After doing the "bargirl thing" for a couple years, got myself on a dating site and conversed with plenty of Thai girls. Sure, there are gold diggers on there, (as posters on here are quick to point out) but many are genuinely looking for relationship. Many independent with good, steady careers (have a look, BKK is full of them).

After meeting a few, I hit it off with a medical professional. She's got 2 modest houses and a small timber plantation. Not bad for a farmer's daughter from Isaan. All she wants from me is love and companionship.

And she's not a "manky old spinister". She is a 34 year old "good sort". I still wonder why me?

Anyway, believe me when I say they're not that rare, just put yourself out there.

I did marry what people classify as lower. You could say educationally.....she was no bar girl but was from a poor family and had to work in a shoe factory at 14yrs old. She also studied and now runs a successful mushroom farm beside her house. Where I live.

In Scotland you can go for a pint and there may be an accountant, a bin man, a barrister and a shop worker all in the same company. Thats the way it should be. I never talk down to my wife just because she had a hard early life or was classified as lower than me.

As for pot bellies and beer monsters...if thats what they want to do its their choice. Leave them to it....are they really bothering anyone?

21 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

No no confusion just bitterness and farang loathing all things female

What an odd thing to say. I am "farang" and I certainly do not

"loath all things female". In fact,  in all the years living here I

can't think of a single male I've known that would fit your 

description.

26 minutes ago, Dap said:

What an odd thing to say. I am "farang" and I certainly do not

"loath all things female". In fact,  in all the years living here I

can't think of a single male I've known that would fit your 

description.description 

I would amend my origional post to add thai in between  things and female to read 

Loath all things Thai female. 

And you see them every day on here and I may add in beer bars in Pattaya I observed more  farangs who treated the bar girls worse than shit on there feet. and they were long term farang thai dwellers .  so maybe you don't get out much.

22 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I would amend my origional post to add thai in between  things and female to read 

And you see them every day on here and I may add in beer bars in Pattaya I observed more  farangs who treated the bar girls worse than shit on there feet. and they were long term farang thai dwellers .  so maybe you don't get out much.

No, we just don't spend all our time in bars. Still a ridiculous statement,all the falangs I know treat Thai women respectfully, but you get knobs wherever you go. The lack of respect for women in rap songs is notorious, and some Brits think all women are slags, so you are just generalising as usual.

25 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

You get a lot of loathing of bargirls on Thai Visa as well. Most of them do not deserve it. You also get a lot on here who try to make a big distinction between bargirl and 'normal (whatever that means) girl'.  In most cases the dividing line is very narrow.

16 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

You get a lot of loathing of bargirls on Thai Visa as well. Most of them do not deserve it. You also get a lot on here who try to make a big distinction between bargirl and 'normal (whatever that means) girl'.  In most cases the dividing line is very narrow.

Although most of the loathing is directed at one female in particular (the ex), and the loathing isnt directed at all females

11 hours ago, FT10toLOS said:

Well, not entirely true. Many guys just look in the wrong places.

After doing the "bargirl thing" for a couple years, got myself on a dating site and conversed with plenty of Thai girls. Sure, there are gold diggers on there, (as posters on here are quick to point out) but many are genuinely looking for relationship. Many independent with good, steady careers (have a look, BKK is full of them).

After meeting a few, I hit it off with a medical professional. She's got 2 modest houses and a small timber plantation. Not bad for a farmer's daughter from Isaan. All she wants from me is love and companionship.

And she's not a "manky old spinister". She is a 34 year old "good sort". I still wonder why me?

Anyway, believe me when I say they're not that rare, just put yourself out there.

Well good for you. It sounds as though you've done okay.

But I stand by my earlier comment re: most westerners marry down. I believe that the most eligible Thai women are snapped up by Thai men.

------------------

Next time you're in a department store, check out the foreign men with Thai wives / GFs. With few exceptions, you'll notice the women are far from attractive. They're not exactly catches, are they? 

Hmmm.....I think, a full length, in depth documentary needs to be done on this very subject matter as the importance of this issue supersedes all other concerns.

The absence of facts along with all the conflicting information is driving me bonkers...lol

From the girls' point of view, there are proportionately more opportunities to be made on the Asian scene (domestic, Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean, Chinese, etc.) in relation to the farang scene when compared to 10 or 20 years ago.

I believe the OP has noticed this shift without realising it.

48 minutes ago, Fabricus said:

Well good for you. It sounds as though you've done okay.

But I stand by my earlier comment re: most westerners marry down. I believe that the most eligible Thai women are snapped up by Thai men.

------------------

Next time you're in a department store, check out the foreign men with Thai wives / GFs. With few exceptions, you'll notice the women are far from attractive. They're not exactly catches, are they? 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder who gives a rats arse what you or others think.

22 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

From the girls' point of view, there are proportionately more opportunities to be made on the Asian scene (domestic, Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean, Chinese, etc.) in relation to the farang scene when compared to 10 or 20 years ago.

I believe the OP has noticed this shift without realising it.

This is very well observed.

I wonder if any studies exist to support what you've written.

51 minutes ago, Fabricus said:

I would feel very strange walking around department stores and judging other peoples partners based  on looks alone .

The woman would probably feel quite uncomfortable as well, 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I would feel very strange walking around department stores and judging other peoples partners based  on looks alone .

The woman would probably feel quite uncomfortable as well, 

Everyone judges.

Everyone.

Whether consciously or otherwise, we all judge.

It's a basic survival mechanism.

We constantly look; we constantly appraise.

-------------------------

What would you think if I turned up on your doorstep tomorrow with a supermodel on my arm? And what would you think I were accompanied by 100kg pig?

Would you feed yourself some silly twaddle about "judging other peoples partners based on looks alone"? You wouldn't.

If I have a model on my arm, I'm a winner. If the girl with me is a pig, I'm a loser.

End of. 

4 hours ago, rogeroc said:

The guy, going by "Swissie" has addressed this "fine line"- thing in post # 25.

As a PS: There is the "temptation factor" coming into play. A 7/11 lady working for 300 Bht a day may be willing to (temporarily) abandon her moral standards. If the price is right.

Reality reigns !
Cheers.

53 minutes ago, Fabricus said:

What would you think if I turned up on your doorstep tomorrow with a supermodel on my arm? And what would you think I were accompanied by 100kg pig?

Would you feed yourself some silly twaddle about "judging other peoples partners based on looks alone"? You wouldn't.

If I have a model on my arm, I'm a winner. If the girl with me is a pig, I'm a loser.

End of. 

Well, I wouldnt judge you on the basis of what your gf looked like and I woiuldnt judge her on what she looked like either

You do come across as being extremely shallow .

Theres so much more than looks .

BTW, how would this situation work .

If we turned up at a party and you had a supermodel on your arm, nice to look at, but no brain, can hardly talk and just spend the whole night pouting  and you went home on a bus.

If I turned up at the party, with an ugly girl on my arm, one who owns her own multi national company and who is a self made millionaire and drives a Ferrari and spend the whole nights telling jokes and entertaining people and your supermodel spend the whole night asking you what those big words mean . 

Would you still consider yourself to the "the winner"

On 10/28/2016 at 9:01 AM, The manic said:

Some men don't learn the lessons you have. Well done. However, I have never heard of men in the UK buying houses for girls and their families- houses and land they can never own .  Nor do UK men marry 'down' and pay a dowry for the doubtful privilege. What really astonishes me is the low-quality, ugly fat chicks that some foreigners end up with!  Maybe harsh but true.

In the UK if you buy a house and cohabit with a woman and there are children (even though you own it) your risks of losing the bulk of that property are similar to the risks in Thailand.  The amount you are likely to lose in property in the UK is also likely to be greater.

In Chiang Mai i see quite a lot of decent / fit looking young Western guys with  very average and unhealthy looking Western female partners. I would love to know what both the guy and the girl are truly thinking when they see older guys with fit looking Thai girls.

1 minute ago, rogeroc said:

In Chiang Mai i see quite a lot of decent / fit looking young Western guys with  very average and unhealthy looking Western female partners. I would love to know what both the guy and the girl are truly thinking when they see older guys with fit looking Thai girls.

Why dont you ask them then ?

Everyone judges.

Everyone.

End of. 

A lot of Thai prostitutes are very good looking. If you have one on your arm, you'd be a winner?

Well, maybe if you are Harold.

Many ladies, especially Thai ladies can go from average looking to stunning with the help of short skirts, high heels, hair done and make up .

They are unrecognizable  without make up on .

Ladyboys are a prime example of this , some can look stunning made up and without make up , they just look like men .

Some look stunning all made up , but, in the cold light of day , un made up , they just look mediocre 

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

Theres so much more than looks .

BTW, how would this situation work .

If we turned up at a party and you had a supermodel on your arm, nice to look at, but no brain, can hardly talk and just spend the whole night pouting  and you went home on a bus.

If I turned up at the party, with an ugly girl on my arm, one who owns her own multi national company and who is a self made millionaire and drives a Ferrari and spend the whole nights telling jokes and entertaining people and your supermodel spend the whole night asking you what those big words mean . 

Would you still consider yourself to the "the winner"

Allow me to be a bit shallow (i.e., non-PC).  Firstly, are you referring to society of today, or 500 years from now?  Because today, we are all still judged by first appearances, women by looks, men by means.  So yes, a man with an attractive female will be judged more positively than one with an unattractive one.  This is just first impression, which is how we judge people we don't know.  The guy can turn out to be a total loser and the woman a $10 hooker, but that's beside the point.

Even in your example--which is a stretch--I'd venture to say the supermodel with no brain would have all the guys lusting after her, while your ugly smart/successful/interesting woman would be ignored.  Most guys, and I mean guys with their own money, would envy the dude with the supermodel and feel sorry for you. 

Just another sobering perspective. 

Everyone judges.

Everyone.

End of. 

Weird guy.....strange ideas!

39 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Allow me to be a bit shallow (i.e., non-PC).  Firstly, are you referring to society of today, or 500 years from now?  Because today, we are all still judged by first appearances, women by looks, men by means.  So yes, a man with an attractive female will be judged more positively than one with an unattractive one.  This is just first impression, which is how we judge people we don't know.  The guy can turn out to be a total loser and the woman a $10 hooker, but that's beside the point.

Even in your example--which is a stretch--I'd venture to say the supermodel with no brain would have all the guys lusting after her, while your ugly smart/successful/interesting woman would be ignored.  Most guys, and I mean guys with their own money, would envy the dude with the supermodel and feel sorry for you. 

Sorry but you are so wrong. on all levels.Anyone who judges the way you do really is shallow and self centered not to mention a little weird. 

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

My example was a stretch, but so was the person whom I was replying to .

"Supermodel and "100 kilos" were his stretching .

In which environment are you talking about ?

Are you talking about a Pattaya bar environment ?

A free for all where there are no rules on engagement

I was referring to a normal environment, where its very much against protocol to "lust after people" if they are with a partner .

Apart from prostitute bars, if you lust after anyones partner , there would more likely be some aggravation 

Archived