Thai police corporal allegedly kills two officers

webfact

Police corporal allegedly kills two officers
By The Nation

YALA: -- AUTHORITIES are hunting for Pol Corporal Hassapol Soprakhon, who allegedly opened fire at a group of fellow police officers and civilians at a police residence in the Batu Tamong Police Station compound in Yala’s Bannang Sata district on Tuesday night.

The alleged attack was attributed to stress. 

The shooting, which took place at 8.30pm while people were eating together at the police residence, killed Pol Lieutenant Natthawat Churat, 39, and Pol Sergeant Major Sayan Phetchtem, 44, while nine policemen, four wives of police officers and one other civilian were wounded. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30298471

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-27

“The alleged attack was attributed to stress.” 

Since they have not had the opportunity to examine the corporal after the crime, then they must have been aware of the stress he was experiencing before. How else could they make such a diagnosis? Or... Are they just fabricating a story to cover up the fact that some of their officers are in incompetent and received their jobs and promotions on factors other than professional ability? 

On the other hand, it is getting close to the end of the month and...Oh this is just a wild guess...he didn't meet his quota of collecting his tea money and passing it up to his superiors. That could be quite stressful since, when he accepted the job, it was explained to him that it was the only requirement he was expected to meet. 

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Must have been upset about something.

Maybe he was missed  out when the proceeds of scamming motorists was not divided up properly.

If you were to read the article you'd note that he was under stress and receiving counselling!

from the article:

"Ronnasin added that policemen at the station had a heavy workload and many had developed symptoms of stress, which had prompted local hospitals to send psychologists to provide counseling."

I have been to a few stations over the years and I did observe a variety of stress symptoms there: excessive yawning, compulsive butt scratching, prolonged nose digging, smart phone screen fixation... to name a few.

Yala, you guys understand where Yala is? Being a policeman there must be like living in a combat zone, for 3 years, no break, I'm betting no R&R in a mostly Muslim province for a boy from Isan.  RIP for the dead but also hope the guy gets the counseling he needs.

What kind of weapon was he using? If just his service revolver (or whatever it's called), then he needs to be sent to Syria immediately to clear out ISIS strongholds, and end that shitfight in a matter of days. Think about it - one man, one weapon, surrounded by cops -- and 16 people dead or wounded. That's one mother of a killing machine.

Apologies for being flippant - I mean no disrespect to the innocent victims (you can make your own interpretation of  "innocent")

I have found it a bad idea to constantly look down on and ridicule those with less experience or rank than you as they may just snap like this one did, or they may end up being your boss one day. Nothing good can come from your bullying. 

Very sad story.
Stress on the workplace is overlooked to much in Los. The warning signs are easy to spot but often ignored. This time it all ended in tragegy. Lets hope the police force and country take this issue more seriously and try to ease pressure on workers as a whole.
R.I.P

7 hours ago, jaltsc said:

“The alleged attack was attributed to stress.” 

Since they have not had the opportunity to examine the corporal after the crime, then they must have been aware of the stress he was experiencing before. How else could they make such a diagnosis? Or... Are they just fabricating a story to cover up the fact that some of their officers are in incompetent and received their jobs and promotions on factors other than professional ability? 

On the other hand, it is getting close to the end of the month and...Oh this is just a wild guess...he didn't meet his quota of collecting his tea money and passing it up to his superiors. That could be quite stressful since, when he accepted the job, it was explained to him that it was the only requirement he was expected to meet. 

Someone taking the last Chicken Wing, should not cause enough stress to kill two BIB. Last Leo beer, maybe ?

bang, bang

Ah, he's stressed out again.

Another one's grieving, bang, bang ... still pretty sad, bang,bang ...

Really??

I sure wish i knew where all the missing marbles are - both from who's dunn it as well as who 'reasons' such bullcrap! 

Very sad story.
Stress on the workplace is overlooked to much in Los. The warning signs are easy to spot but often ignored. This time it all ended in tragegy. Lets hope the police force and country take this issue more seriously and try to ease pressure on workers as a whole.
R.I.P

Great post. Glad someone posts sensibly.