Investment Condo?

Changmainewbie

For investment it doesn't make sense to buy a condo. You need to spend a lot of money, then you need to spend more on upkeep and you will get some in return if you rent it out, which you can spend on putting it back into it's original shape after idiot tenants, who don't care about it coz it doesn't belong to them. 

Or you can wait years and sell it for a bit more after the condo was a pain in the ass for a couple of years. 

Not being judgemental but DELETED you are better off putting your money on a bank account that comes with a guaranteed return. Banks being the DELETED they are, even that is a better option in this case. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For investment it doesn't make sense to buy a condo. You need to spend a lot of money, then you need to spend more on upkeep and you will get some in return if you rent it out, which you can spend on putting it back into it's original shape after idiot tenants, who don't care about it coz it doesn't belong to them. 
Or you can wait years and sell it for a bit more after the condo was a pain in the ass for a couple of years. 

Not being judgemental but DELETED you are better off putting your money on a bank account that comes with a guaranteed return. Banks being the thieves they are, even that is a better option in this case. 

your thinking is so flawed. i've owned as many as 16 condos and now have less and never had i experienced the outcome that you predicted. ok mr. coz

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

This is always a good conversation and one I have kicked around myself and with some friends.

We enjoy sitting down and crunching numbers and debating the good, bad and ugly.  

I see the convenience of having your own place, especially if you collect stuff over time.  Not having to look for a place, move, etc.  This one aspect keeps me light on belongings.

As far as investment asset class, real estate is not my thing.  I don't want to be a landlord or even pay someone else a fee to manage my property.

I get that it works for some, many claim the increased value of their place.  Actual market price can be a funny thing especially in reality.
Some might even say home ownership is overrated and that it's a liability by definition.  I don't want the liability.

I am averse to owning in one single location, too many things can happen here to make my dream place a nightmare and I do enjoy the freedom of moving.

Also, Chiang Mai or even Thailand may not be where I want to be in 6 months or 6 years.

I'm cynical about the law of possession, ownership, rights, ethics, construction, etc here.  

Being able to hit the buy/sell button on my computer to get into and out of an "investment" makes me more comfortable.  I can deduct losses on my taxes :)

Edited by Nowisee