One pass for all expressway systems as of November 1

webfact

One pass for all expressway systems as of November 1

IMG_5787.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Starting on November 1, motorists who hold an M-Pass or an Easy Pass card can use either of the two cards in all expressway systems, including motorway, ringroad and expressway, said Mr Narong Khiaddet, governor of Expressway and Rapid Transit Authority, on Thursday.

He said officials concerned had electronically connected the three systems and there would be no problem for motorists using one pass card in travelling through all the expressway systems.

Currently, about 600,000 trips per day were recorded for the use of Easy Pass, representing 38 percent of altogether 1.8 million trips recorded from all the systems each day.

As for the Srirat-Outer ringroad expressway which was opened for use two months ago, between 30,000-40,000 trips through the expressway were recorded each day – which is far below the estimated 80,000 trips/day – the minimum figure to make even.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-pass-for-all-expressway-systems-as-of-november-1/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-28

Dumb question time (2), if you have both mounted side by side, which one will work or both? Do we now have to remove one ?

M pass never told you how much money you had on your account when passing through unlike easy pass, how will this work in future?

Wonderful news in the article, no real substance.

Well...it is not first of April.....I will give it a month or two for them to iron out all the chinks, then I will believe.....By the way how do you get one of those M-pass or easy pass things? never seems to be any clear info on that detail on the roads...

And if your windows are heavily tinted, will that affect the performance?

Edited by AlQaholic

42 minutes ago, sungod said:

Dumb question time (2), if you have both mounted side by side, which one will work or both? Do we now have to remove one ?

M pass never told you how much money you had on your account when passing through unlike easy pass, how will this work in future?

i believe with M pass u get a text when funds reach a certain level

17 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Well...it is not first of April.....I will give it a month or two for them to iron out all the chinks, then I will believe.....By the way how do you get one of those M-pass or easy pass things? never seems to be any clear info on that detail on the roads...

And if your windows are heavily tinted, will that affect the performance?

KTB for m pass...branch in Pattaya Tai was the one i went to...... take passport and green book for your car.....

Just now, sahibji said:

integration is the way to go. they should also try to do the same for the MRT the BTS and bus services.

It has been tried several times, politics or " commercial issues" got in the way each time.

Latest attempt is the Mangmoom card, look for something happening this time next year, but don't hold your breath.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

It has been tried several times, politics or " commercial issues" got in the way each time.

Latest attempt is the Mangmoom card, look for something happening this time next year, but don't hold your breath.

of course the rabbit stored value card would be too easy, wouldn't it....

Just now, bangon04 said:

of course the rabbit stored value card would be too easy, wouldn't it....

All the work was done some 5 years ago for Rabbit to work on the MRT, it was even announced in the press. All that was needed was for it to be turned on.

Then nothing, "commercial issues" killed it.

47 minutes ago, jumbo said:

I have the same dumb question

I read a few weeks ago that it will use the one with the strongest signal.

I expect I will be getting double billed until they sort it out.

Edited by NoBrainer

4 hours ago, sungod said:

Lately M-Pass has shown the balance, but only on the Exit (paying side) not the entrance side of your journey. 

If the system detects 2 devices, it is supposed to use the one with the strongest signal.

I can see it getting mixed up if you enter the motorway and it chooses Easy Pass. but when you go to exit (and deduct the money) it chooses M Pass.

As a person in the industry and knowing how modern software engineers operate I recommend anyone with both devices leave one at home.

I predict that the "Reverse of Shame" will become an even more common occurrence :(

On 10/28/2016 at 6:14 PM, Crossy said:

As a person in the industry and knowing how modern software engineers operate I recommend anyone with both devices leave one at home.

I predict that the "Reverse of Shame" will become an even more common occurrence :(

Had my first reverse of shame Saturday. Card balance 40 Baht. Charge 50. Then I refilled, and had to do another reverse some 3 hours later. Apparently it takes time for the information to sync, which is weird. 

On 10/28/2016 at 2:09 PM, NoBrainer said:

Lately M-Pass has shown the balance, but only on the Exit (paying side) not the entrance side of your journey. 

If the system detects 2 devices, it is supposed to use the one with the strongest signal.

I can see it getting mixed up if you enter the motorway and it chooses Easy Pass. but when you go to exit (and deduct the money) it chooses M Pass.

I drove from the Phanthong tollgate this morning with my M pass, 'exited' at Lat Krabang- only thing it told me was how much I was charged,60 baht. no mention how much I had left, this has always been my beef with M Pass, I keep a running total on a scrap bit of paper, pretty stone age.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I got an easypass.. does anyone if there is an option to top it up online or something like that. Previously my ex just put a 1000 or 2000 on it but its starting to go low now and not sure where to top up. 

Yes, you can top up EasyPass online, certainly through Bangkok Bank and Citi, works well.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yes, you can top up EasyPass online, certainly through Bangkok Bank and Citi, works well.

Ok going to check how that works.. guess i need an easypass nr or something like that and hopefully it works with kasikorn because it seems other banks are ahead of them.

6 minutes ago, sungod said:

You can top up easy pass at one of the 'top up gates/cash gates'

Just hand over your card with 1000 THB, plus the fee for that particular leg (makes the transaction easier)

The normal cash gates.. the ones you pass if you dont have an easypass ? if so then i would do that.. is simple enough. I thought I had to go to a special place to top it up. As I said never done it myself was always done for me. I never used the car much.