Second auction of assets seized from zero-dollar tour operator on Nov 1 in Phuket

webfact

Second auction of assets seized from zero-dollar tour operator on Nov 1 in Phuket

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fs6isOQUqqOWAcwqRcx749I

PHUKET: -- The Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) will auction off assets seized from major zero-dollar package tour operators on November 1 at the conference hall of Phuket municipality.

Altogether 39 items of assets of Tran Li Travel Company which include 33 tour buses, six tourist boats will be put on auction with the starting bid price set at 43 million baht.

Zero-dollar tour operators sell below-cost package tour to Chinese tourists visiting Thailand and when the tourists are in Thailand, they will try to squeeze as much money as possible from the tourists by forcing them, for instance into jewelry shops outrageously overcharge them for every piece of jewelry sold.

Those who are interested to join the bidding can ask to inspect the items on October 31 from 9.30 am to 3 pm at Saeng-arun pier of Phuket Boat Company. They can also find more information about the items to be auctioned from Amlo’s website, www.amlo.go.th

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/second-auction-of-assets-seized-from-zero-dollar-tour-operator-on-nov-1-in-phuket/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-28

I can't see what the problem is here apart from the money going to Chinese.as soon as you land in bkk your squeezed right from the start.taxi drivers wanting to take you to tailors,jewellery stores etc.why ain't their taxis confiscated.its the usual bs where the Chinese have beaten them at their own game of milking tourists.does this then say if I'm overcharged for a sun bed,boat trip,Tuk tuk they will have their property confiscated.no unless it's Chinese.

....only against foreigners it seems....

...wonder how many millions in cash were 'confiscated' too....

....wow...

...hundreds of Thai drug dealers ....and other assorted criminals.....busted in the last 12 months...

...never heard of even a thread being confiscated....and auctioned off.....

just out and out pure jealousy, the chinese got this down to a fine art, yeah i think it is just a a show, auctioned items bought back by the bad chinese guys, same buses-boats will be operating tomorrow, clogging up beach road, (buses that is) before some clever dick chimes in. lol !!

27 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

just out and out pure jealousy, the chinese got this down to a fine art, yeah i think it is just a a show, auctioned items bought back by the bad chinese guys, same buses-boats will be operating tomorrow, clogging up beach road, (buses that is) before some clever dick chimes in. lol !!

Probably, yes. Still means they lost a hell of a lot of money.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Second round...

I wonder if this is the same stuff sold yet again after it's been confiscated from another zero dollar tour company that bought it in round 1?  

This could be a nice little revenue stream.

If you read the OP you would know the answer to your question: NO, more stuff from the same confiscation from the same zero dollar tour company.

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

and due process and a civilian court tried and approved this sentence right?  nope. 

Are you talking about Yingluck? Has any mention made as to where these funds go? The BIB benevolent fund maybe? After the auction is over there more than likely will be a big upward movement in the ranks of the BIB. For Whom The Bell Tolls. 

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If you read the OP you would know the answer to your question: NO, more stuff from the same confiscation from the same zero dollar tour company.

I read it.  The details are sketchy.  They named the company, but I'm not really feeling the need to go Googling to see if it's the same one as before.  They didn't say in the article or the OP.  And I've slept a few nights since then, resulting in brain leakage.

Typical of the reporting here.  Always leaves a lot of questions.  And plenty of room for rampant speculation.

Just now, impulse said:

I read it.  The details are sketchy.  They named the company, but I'm not really feeling the need to go Googling to see if it's the same one as before.  They didn't say in the article or the OP.  And I've slept a few nights since then, resulting in brain leakage.

Typical of the reporting here.  Always leaves a lot of questions.  And plenty of room for rampant speculation.

Yes we excel at that. Its a treasure trove for speculation here. 

No courts required the regime offers a full package deal. This may be a bigger earner than the TM 30. The Chinese talk to much. So Prayut your big swing on China tourists is coming to a dramatic end. its a good thing going to singing lessons. There's lots of Karable bars. 

On 28/10/2016 at 11:02 AM, SOTIRIOS said:

...hundreds of Thai drug dealers ....and other assorted criminals.....busted in the last 12 months...

...never heard of even a thread being confiscated....and auctioned off.....

All it takes is for you to pay a bit more attention then you will hear it.  There have been many reports of drug dealers ( what it got to do with zero-dollar Chinese tours, I don't know) having their assets seized.

On 28/10/2016 at 9:51 AM, steelepulse said:

Another buy back situation like what was reported with the first auction?

You're suggesting that the owners, who are in jail, attended the last auction and bought there ex-property back?  If they did, they obviously were let out of jail just to bid and, if that did happen (clearly it didn't), so what?  It's a public auction and they would be buying the stock, not getting it free.

I suspect that drug dealers I'll gotten gains are divided up between the boys.my wife says that if I'm caught smoking a joint in the house,expect the boys to help themselves to my TVs ,scooter,gold and whatever's in the safe.then we might be able to sit down and negotiate a deal on my savings account.i now smoke down in my water well with the lid on after midnight.ps I have now got the art of rolling a spliff while treading water for over an hour at a time.