Where can I get the Gardasil 9 Vaccine?

donaldinho9

No place has Giardasil9, it is not yet registered/approved for use in Thailand.

Only Giardasil.

If you want that, certainly no need to go to Bumrungrad. All the hospitals have it.

St Louis Hospital (a non-profit) is advertising the full series of 3 for a little over 8,000 baht http://www.saintlouis.or.th/promotion/show/57e79b5b047882000100009e

On Sathorn Road near Suarasak BTS station

It is effective when given prior to having already contacted the HPV virus.

For which reason, it is recommended to be given before the person becomes sexually active hence the age 12 idea.

However it will still work given later IF the person has not already contacted the virus. Certainly anyone still a virgin will benefit as may anyone whose sexual contacts have been with just one or two  very low risk partners.

The consequences of HPV are most serious for women as it can lead to cancer of the cervix, hence girls are the priority group. However it will also help prevent genital warts in both sexes....and, of course, decreasing HPV prevalence in males will help prevent spread to women. The priority group from a public health perspective (given that countries' resources are limited) is thus girls prior to the age of sexual activity but nothing wrong with also including boys if resources allow.

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2016 at 8:11 PM, Sheryl said:

No place has Giardasil9, it is not yet registered/approved for use in Thailand.

Only Giardasil.

Hi Sheryl, just looking for an update on this.  Do you know if Gardasil 9 is available yet in Thailand?  

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:09 PM, dddave said:

Is Giardasil effective in adults? I was under the impression it was only targeted at early adolescent girls.

It can be effective in males in preventing oral HPV which can lead to throat cancer and can prove fatal.

You will need to check if the vaccine is effective against the HPV 16 strain.

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No, not yet available.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks!  Kind of creates a dilemma doesn't it?  Like whether to wait for it or not.  As far as I know the main difference is by covering a bunch of additional strains of HPV it can prevent 90% of cervical cancers, whereas the Gardasil 4 only prevents 70%.  Any indication of when it might become available here?