Grades of floor tile

cheeryble

Hi 

Was looking at 60cm x 60cm rectified floor tiles yesterday.

They were a very good price but looked visually perfect, and it was not a little hick joint but a major store, Baan and Beyond.

I asked the assistant where they were from.

China.

I asked if they were grade 1.

I'm pretty sure she replied their were AA.

At the time I figured that meant perfect but I just read something from a post on TV saying only accept AAA.

I don't know this grading system.

Did I hear wrong?

And was that AAA poster right?

IT's only for 16 sqm, the inside area a bedroom on a chalet, but I'd like to buy a load more when we build a larger dwelling next year so would like the tiles right.

I asked if they would still be supplying this tile. She said yes but this was a promo price just for now.

Bonus question:

These were high gloss tiles.

Good idea or is regular sheen better?

Edited by cheeryble

The the OP.  The first reply was pulling your leg. Look at the title on the web page.  I know of 3 grades of domestic tile in Thailand. Kera Tile makes beautiful tile for kitchens, bathrooms, swimming pools in Thailand. The very best tile is graded EXPORT. Normally the best they sell in Thailand is grade A. I bought Kera Grade A ceramic tile for my swimming pool and for a master bathroom shower.  In both places the Kera Tile has held up perfect.  There is a price difference. Developers and resorts often buy grade B tile for a swimming pool. It is clearly marked on the box of that brand. I will recommend you read the Ace of Pop reply. Slip and Fall glossy tile is a hospital visit just waiting to happen. Nice inside a Toyota truck showroom in Buriram, but not my first choice for residential floor tile. 

Buriram Kera Bathroom Ceramic Wall Tiles.JPG

Buriram Kera Swimming Pool Shower Tile.JPG

JD POOLS WORK STAFF.jpg

Kids swimming April 10th as pool fills with municipal water.jpg

Edited by kamalabob2