Water supply Interruption

topt

Mains water supply in my village went off sometime yesterday. Just had this back from the "secretary" to the Juristic saying it will affect all of Pattaya as hers also went off today?

Can anybody give me a better idea of what this says - she says until 31st which would be an unusually long period for this village.

1477736368663.jpg

2 minutes ago, abasbas said:

We received the same but our landlord says it will be on Oct31 Monday, 9:00am to 6:00pm water interruption.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks I will try to remember to ask a Thai later because that's a big difference to what was implied to me - 1 day no problem, 4 days becomes an issue.

3 minutes ago, johng said:

It says 1 day 31 st from 9am to 6pm effecting certain parts but not all pattaya.....keep your emergency water buckets full.

too f***ing late for that. Mine is already off.:angry:

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

One reason I don't live in a "village".

Sorry but what difference does that make - its mains water so will affect the local area around the village including stand alone houses and condos........?

20 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Most sensible people, like me, have storage tanks ?

So that makes me sensible then......

Unfortunately not sure my storage will last 4 days - hence why I said "1 day no problem...." in a reply above. Also what does that have to do with where you live?

9 hours ago, topt said:

So that makes me sensible then......

Unfortunately not sure my storage will last 4 days - hence why I said "1 day no problem...." in a reply above. Also what does that have to do with where you live?

Well I think it's been established that it's only 1 day so shouldnt be a problem for anyone except those without tanks.

10 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Well I think it's been established that it's only 1 day so shouldnt be a problem for anyone except those without tanks.

Comprehension skills seem to have deserted you on this topic OMG :biggrin:

As I said the water round here has been off since Friday - and another area since yesterday. My rudimentary maths says that if it doesn't come back till Monday pm that is 4 days...........

I heard of this event from a friend who said the water would go off all over the darkside for a full day but he was talking about Friday.

The water did slow down a lot but didn't stop on friday, normal on Saturday so  , maybe it will go off today!

On 10/29/2016 at 6:08 PM, topt said:

Sorry but what difference does that make - its mains water so will affect the local area around the village including stand alone houses and condos........?

Been living in a condo for the last 12 years and never had a water supply shut off.

Not sure, but i think condo's & hotels could be on another supply system.

Or maybe i've just been lucky.

29 minutes ago, i claudius said:

We live on the darkside , our water still going ,in fact cant remember the last time is stopped , mind you the true went off for 5 minutes a few days ago

So do I, no water all over the weekend, but back (so far) today.

14 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Been living in a condo for the last 12 years and never had a water supply shut off.

Too much conjecture so let's get this back to basics. How often do you bathe?

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

My guess would be it is supplied via some sort of holding tank but I could be wrong?

We are in Khao Talo area and the waters been off and on for a couple of days, it was on again today but reduced pressure and went off again early this evening. No notification.  

Anyone know whats going on?

8 hours ago, avander said:

We are in Khao Talo area and the waters been off and on for a couple of days, it was on again today but reduced pressure and went off again early this evening. No notification.  

Anyone know whats going on?

Well supposedly there is a big repair to a mains along Soi Siam plus something more specific to the northern end of 3rd road. I have been promised water back on Monday 9pm, yesterday 6pm but still we have nothing. Now entering its 6th day here...........

Nongplalai (Crocodile Farm area) water was interrupted over the two days preceding the official 1-day cut off on 31st. Low pressure water flow resumed early yesterday and our 5000 liter tank filled up again overnight. Was down to 1/3 tank at the weekend with no washing machine or dog washing allowed!

• 2 weeks later...

Just interested if anybody else is still suffering continual as opposed to intermittent cut offs?

It is now 2 weeks and 2 days since we last had any supply with no answers forthcoming as to when it will be back on. My water bill for this period (buying tankers at 200 baht a throw) now eclipses my electricity bill and I use ac all night long.........  

@topt  Have you tried to contact the water authorities directly yourself  ?

it could be that the management of your village are to blame.

for instance where I live the  water for the whole building ( 90 buildings in total in this project )

is stored in huge underground tanks  its then pumped up to a smaller  "header" tank on the roof  and then distributed to every separate room in the building ( just gravity feed not pumped )

so often times the water stops and the reason ( says the "engineer" ) is that the  automatic water level sensor in the header tank is kaput

so residents have to phone the "engineer"  he rushes from his slumber  switches the pumps to manual  waits for the header tank to fill

then turns the pump off and goes back home to sleep   it can take weeks  to find and fit what must be a very expensive and exotic  water level sensor to restore full automatic water service.

Or maybe they are not to blame

In some areas of Pattaya its been said that a "mysterious person"  would go around turning off the stop cocks in the road

but very fortunately there was an ample supply of water delivery trucks on hand to deliver water to effected areas   :wink: 

15 hours ago, topt said:

Just interested if anybody else is still suffering continual as opposed to intermittent cut offs?

It is now 2 weeks and 2 days since we last had any supply with no answers forthcoming as to when it will be back on. My water bill for this period (buying tankers at 200 baht a throw) now eclipses my electricity bill and I use ac all night long.........  

What village are you in? Are your neighbors similarly dry?... or has some "mysterious person" been buggering about with your stopcock?

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:44 AM, johng said:

@topt  Have you tried to contact the water authorities directly yourself  ?

it could be that the management of your village are to blame.

for instance where I live the  water for the whole building ( 90 buildings in total in this project )

is stored in huge underground tanks  its then pumped up to a smaller  "header" tank on the roof  and then distributed to every separate room in the building ( just gravity feed not pumped )

so often times the water stops and the reason ( says the "engineer" ) is that the  automatic water level sensor in the header tank is kaput

so residents have to phone the "engineer"  he rushes from his slumber  switches the pumps to manual  waits for the header tank to fill

then turns the pump off and goes back home to sleep   it can take weeks  to find and fit what must be a very expensive and exotic  water level sensor to restore full automatic water service.

Or maybe they are not to blame

In some areas of Pattaya its been said that a "mysterious person"  would go around turning off the stop cocks in the road

but very fortunately there was an ample supply of water delivery trucks on hand to deliver water to effected areas   :wink: 

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:55 PM, NanLaew said:

What village are you in? Are your neighbors similarly dry?... or has some "mysterious person" been buggering about with your stopcock?

It is not just the village but surrounding as well. Contacted them directly as have others but conflicting stories.

Just have to wait.

6 hours ago, topt said:

It is not just the village but surrounding as well. Contacted them directly as have others but conflicting stories.

Just have to wait.

Got back earlier after being away since early yesterday and now back on - hopefully it will stay that way.........