Need a haircut not a crew cut!

tukkytuktuk

I got my haicut today and the bloke gave me a school boy short back and sides. I was quite upset. Still, I gritted my teeth and smiled, don't want to cause a scene. When I returned home I immediately got the Michael taken out of me. I'm hiding in my own home now because of that haurdresser. Anyone else had a similar incident? Love to hear about it.

Cheers Tukky

Do ear wax emporiums really exist ? something quite satisfying about cleaning my own ears so ive never looked for anyone else to do it for me.

I had a hairdresser snip a mole off the back of my neck and it proceeded to bleed like all hell 

It is hair, it will grow back. I have trouble finding a barber here (in Hawaii) that will cut my hair as short as I like it. Also it costs about 700 baht. 50 baht is a great price for a haircut, and look at the bright side it will be quite some time before you will need another one.

20 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It is hair, it will grow back. I have trouble finding a barber here (in Hawaii) that will cut my hair as short as I like it. Also it costs about 700 baht. 50 baht is a great price for a haircut, and look at the bright side it will be quite some time before you will need another one.

Thanks Ahab. I guess your right, next time I won't go cheap Charlie.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

you can go to a salon (like I do in my little town in Suphan) and the haircut will still cost 50 baht...but it will be a hairdresser and not an idiot with clippers at a dump earwax emporium...I always leave a good tip in appreciation...

I useta get the same shit in saudi...always some dumb pakistani that can only cut hair one way and I quit getting my hair cut until my next leave back to Thailand... 

I have been here for 15 years and even the Womans Hair salons butcher your Hair I have my hair medium length and even after I tell them not short

PRESTO SHORT HAIR AGAIN

So the best way is to find an English  speaking hair stylist and walk them through exactingly what you want otherwise you are going to get a buzz cut every-time

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, go to a salon not a men's ear wax emporium and pay 300 baht instead of 80 baht and that won't happen unless you want it to. 

I have never had a problem with the two hairshops in my village, they know me and only give me a trim about four times a year, and it costs only 60 Bt, although it would be much more in the city.

Also, I would never let a man touch my hair, better a nice looking female. But really, the last man to cut it made a mess, and that was when I was in my early twenties, and I had to buy a wig, with me being a musician. A female always seems to do it right, both here and back in the UK.

I stopped caring about my hair a long time ago, I just cut it short so I do not have to use a comb. That's the only reason otherwise I would just leave it to grow. I use a machine all around....lawnmower style....

Edited by AlQaholic

16 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

What is wrong with short hair? I have a number 3 all over every time I go for a cut

A number three??? What is that? I assume it is one of these American marine haircuts. There is nothing wrong with short hair at all, but me being a handsome guy I have long hair, and have had all my teenage and adult life.

14 hours ago, Ahab said:

It is hair, it will grow back. I have trouble finding a barber here (in Hawaii) that will cut my hair as short as I like it. Also it costs about 700 baht. 50 baht is a great price for neea haircut, and look at the bright side it will be quite some time before you will d another one.

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

I have been here for 15 years and even the Womans Hair salons butcher your Hair I have my hair medium length and even after I tell them not short

PRESTO SHORT HAIR AGAIN

So the best way is to find an English  speaking hair stylist and walk them through exactingly what you want otherwise you are going to get a buzz cut every-time

No, when I was a school teacher in the city, I showed the girl a photo, she did not

speak English, and I used her all the time I lived there.

My wife cuts mine...mind you, it isn't that hard to do...I'm as bald as a coot. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much....at least your's will grow back.

Reminds me of the reply Winston Churchill gave to the Lady who accused him of being "Blind Drunk"...."maybe so'...he replied...."but you Madam, are a very ugly woman" ....."at least I will be sober when I wake up in the morning".....nice one... eh?

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

PRESTO SHORT HAIR AGAIN

Ditto - you walk them through the whole procedure and they quickly grab the shears and go right up one side of your head!!!!!!

"But now you are handsome!"

Then they get all shirty when when you tell them you don't like it and won't be back.

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

A number three??? What is that? I assume it is one of these American marine haircuts. There is nothing wrong with short hair at all, but me being a handsome guy I have long hair, and have had all my teenage and adult life.

A number 3 is roughly 3 mm all around. Not cut off 3 mm, but leave 3 mm. ( I go for number 2 normally.)

I've found barbers in Thailand have a tendency to "shingle" my hair.  (They cut it short on the sides so you appear to sort of have a "roof" on top where they leave the hair longer.)  So.  Take (and keep) a set of pictures - front, sides, back, top - of yourself on your phone when you get a cut that you actually like.  Or even a quick video.  Then just show the pictures/video to the barber who's about to cut your hair.  They get it. 

13 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

A number 3 is roughly 3 mm all around. Not cut off 3 mm, but leave 3 mm. ( I go for number 2 normally.)

I think it depends on the system used. I normally get a 3 but from a google search that is 9 mm. A "1" is 3mm. Each number is 3 mm increments.

Have tried both men's barbers and hair salons. Still yet to find even a half decent one. Even had one with a twitch that left a 1" bald patch at the back while using the electric clippers.

I do miss my regular Turkish barber shop back home.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

The best hair cut I ever had in Thailand was in Sukhumvit soi 11

Shampoo shave haircut and  blow j>b all in the one place no waiting 

It was great till I got married, now she who must be obeyed gets out the clippers and thinks I'm a sheep  :huh:

I cant trust her with scissors  :unsure:

yeah...a #1 is a marine buzz cut...I'm in BKK now for a few days and went down to the salon next to the hotel with my 4 months worth of growth from saudi...I got #1 back and sides and a nice sculpted cut on top...lookin' good...

300baht...money well spent...and the lady hairdresser was cute as well...I become aroused when lookin' into a cute woman's armpit...