Washing Machine Waste Water Connection

blackcab

On 06/11/2016 at 0:57 AM, blackcab said:

Back to the waste water pipe...

I had another chance to check them today, and it turns out the caps on the top of the pipes have been glued on.

Would a 1 inch core bit through the end of the cap make the correct diameter hole for the waste water pipe ?

1" PVC pipe has an outside diameter of 34mm, a hole saw will buzz through that cap in a jiffy and allow you to get the pipe close to the wall. A splodge of silicon will seal any gap.

On 10/31/2016 at 7:16 PM, eyecatcher said:

Heres one I did earlier. most front loaders will require a stand pipe a minimum of 600mm from the floor simply to throw the long flexi hose into it.

the trap I made out of bends is yes to keep any sewer smells out of the house but also to stop things with legs and wings coming in.

DSC_0056.JPG

u  can also  buy premade u  bends  with  a  bottom  drain  hole  for  cleaning  out.

6 hours ago, kannot said:

u  can also  buy premade u  bends  with  a  bottom  drain  hole  for  cleaning  out.

Yes I am sure you can; I have not seen any here though that are compatible with 1 3/4 or 2" pipe.

having said that, 2" is a pretty nice diameter to avoid blockages from a washing machine.

In my experience things left in trouser pockets, coins, banknotes, screws all tend to collect in the drum chamber so I am guessing there is a mircromesh filter on the discharge outlet as well as the drum thus negating the need to ever be worried about collectibles in the trap/u bend

Archived