Where to Replace MacBook Pro Battery in Chiang Mai

ChiangMaiThai

On the second (third ?? ) floor in Pantip Plaza is a shop that does Apple repairs only.
(at least there was about 6 months ago.)
I seem to remember it is two rows from the escalator

There's a small shop  on the top floor of central Kad Suan Kaew .( on the left as your headed towards the zoo) They only do apple products and repairs . They were able to replace an iPhone 5 for me last year as it was in warranty and needed repaired . They seem to have a speedy service 

Edited by Macthehat
Spelling check

2012 MBP you can ignore the sticker that says the battery is not user replaceable.

Buy a battery and a Y1  triwing screwdrive online.

Google search 'how to use a screwdriver'

Once you are familiar with that concept turn your MBP over and remove the screws (turn them anticlockwise) holding the bottom cover on.

They are different lengths - lay them out so you know which holes they go back into.

Remove the screws retaining the battery.

Disconnect old battery - install new battery and retaining screws  remembering they need to be rotated clockwise to tighten

Refit bottom cover.

iFixit do good online 'idiots guide to' for most repairs.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Unibody+Mid+2012+Battery+Replacement/10365

• 1 year later...

Thank you @jonwilly. The batteries on my 15" Mid-2012 MacBook Pro Retina bulged, making the trackback unclickable and the my MacBook rocking unevenly on the table. Just noticed today morning as normally I have it hooked up to multiple monitors and external keyboard and mouse at home.

Asked in Studio7 in Central Festival who directed me to their service center in Airport Plaza. Called those guys - the cost was to be a shocking 18,200 Baht to replace the battery and the casing and keyboard. I said I just need the battery, and got a reply, no sir, cannot sir. Apparently this is what Certified Apple Service demands. On top of that, I would have to leave my laptop there for a minimum of 10 days while they order the parts from Singapore. Asking why do I have to make my laptop sit in their shop, they said they must send the parts that are to be replaced back to Apple. <deleted>? Absolutely no logic.

Found this post, got myself to Magic Com Service (Third floor in Pantip Shopping Plaza) and the guy said they have my battery in stock. Cost: 3500 baht! I'm to come back in 30 minutes to pick up my laptop. Same model battery, same Milli-amp Hours.

After unscrewing the rear cover, the cover sprang up, the batteries became balloons! Also revealing some much needed cleaning needed to be done. Very friendly staff. The man reset the NVRAM, checked and set my clock, made sure all is well. Fabulous Service and Turnaround. Writing this to help anyone that might need this service in Chiang Mai. Needless to say I'm a happy customer!

IMG_20171212_170923.jpg

IMG_20171212_152157.jpg

IMG_20171212_152439.jpg

IMG_20171212_170914 copy.jpg

IMG_20171212_155541.jpg

IMG_20171212_155939.jpg

11 hours ago, lukasl said:

Asking why do I have to make my laptop sit in their shop, they said they must send the parts that are to be replaced back to Apple. <deleted>? Absolutely no logic.

Was it very very clear to them that you were not asking for in-warranty repair?

For warranty repair, Apple Singapore techs have to confirm the parts defective and correctly identify them before sending replacements, Apple policy.  Probably because of the lower skill set of CM techs.  

On 12/12/2017 at 9:07 PM, lukasl said:

Thank you @jonwilly. The batteries on my 15" Mid-2012 MacBook Pro Retina bulged, making the trackback unclickable and the my MacBook rocking unevenly on the table. Just noticed today morning as normally I have it hooked up to multiple monitors and external keyboard and mouse at home.

Asked in Studio7 in Central Festival who directed me to their service center in Airport Plaza. Called those guys - the cost was to be a shocking 18,200 Baht to replace the battery and the casing and keyboard. I said I just need the battery, and got a reply, no sir, cannot sir. Apparently this is what Certified Apple Service demands. On top of that, I would have to leave my laptop there for a minimum of 10 days while they order the parts from Singapore. Asking why do I have to make my laptop sit in their shop, they said they must send the parts that are to be replaced back to Apple. <deleted>? Absolutely no logic.

Found this post, got myself to Magic Com Service (Third floor in Pantip Shopping Plaza) and the guy said they have my battery in stock. Cost: 3500 baht! I'm to come back in 30 minutes to pick up my laptop. Same model battery, same Milli-amp Hours.

After unscrewing the rear cover, the cover sprang up, the batteries became balloons! Also revealing some much needed cleaning needed to be done. Very friendly staff. The man reset the NVRAM, checked and set my clock, made sure all is well. Fabulous Service and Turnaround. Writing this to help anyone that might need this service in Chiang Mai. Needless to say I'm a happy customer!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

IMG_20171212_170923.jpg

IMG_20171212_152157.jpg

IMG_20171212_152439.jpg

IMG_20171212_170914 copy.jpg

IMG_20171212_155541.jpg

IMG_20171212_155939.jpg

Don't forget to condition the mac so that it will see the full battery capacity.

I've just done mine and it's a simple process.